Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I bought the phone @ Walmart and activated on Sunday (8/11) and since then I kept sim inside phone and made no changes whatsoever. I read people reporting bonus shows up on Wednesday..nothing yet for me, no welcome email or bonus data. I am ready to wait..but just wondering if bonus showed up on other days for others...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by negma View Post
    I bought the phone @ Walmart and activated on Sunday (8/11) and since then I kept sim inside phone and made no changes whatsoever. I read people reporting bonus shows up on Wednesday..nothing yet for me, no welcome email or bonus data. I am ready to wait..but just wondering if bonus showed up on other days for others...
    The Bonus data should show up 4-5 days - the actual day (like Wednesday) doesn’t seem to be true. I’d expected it on Friday or Saturday. Leave the phone on, with the original SIM and don’t port your old number.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I activated mine on Tuesday (Aug 6th) and mine showed up on Sunday (Aug 11th).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    3 new lines activated on Saturday, bonus data showed up on all 3 today. New phones will be here tomorrow to port old numbers in to all 3 and transferring the 4th number to google so I don't have to deal with porting again. lol

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    The Bonus data should show up 4-5 days - the actual day (like Wednesday) doesn’t seem to be true. I’d expected it on Friday or Saturday. Leave the phone on, with the original SIM and don’t port your old number.
    So I can activate the AT&T Prepaid line with an AT&T-supplied number, wait for the bonus data to appear, then port in my current number to replace the AT&T number, and keep the bonus data benefit?

Would this work if I currently have an AT&T Prepaid account:

1) open an additional AT&T Prepaid line with randomly-generated phone number and Walmart phone
    2) I now have 2 lines in my AT&T Prepaid account
    3) port out current line and number to non-AT&T provider (T-Mobile?) N (?) days before bonus data appears
    4) I now have 1 line in my AT&T Prepaid account, the randomly generated one
    5) after 17Gb bonus data appears on my AT&T line, port in my "real" phone number to replace the randomly-generated one

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    So I can activate the AT&T Prepaid line with an AT&T-supplied number, wait for the bonus data to appear, then port in my current number to replace the AT&T number, and keep the bonus data benefit?

Yes - I'd do the porting out and back in after the bonus data appears. Make sure the temporary number is in the same zip code as your real number when activating, so AT&T's system treats it as the same market.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Yes - I'd do the porting out and back in after the bonus data appears. Make sure the temporary number is in the same zip code as your real number when activating, so AT&T's system treats it as the same market.
    Same zip code or same area code? My current area code doesn't match the zip code for my current billing address.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

1) open an additional AT&T Prepaid line with randomly-generated phone number and Walmart phone
    2) I now have 2 lines in my AT&T Prepaid account
    3) port out current line and number to non-AT&T provider (T-Mobile?) N (?) days before bonus data appears
    4) I now have 1 line in my AT&T Prepaid account, the randomly generated one
    5) after 17Gb bonus data appears on my AT&T line, port in my "real" phone number to replace the randomly-generated one
    This should work - the key is to wait until the bonus data appears after you activate before doing anything like porting over a number or swapping SIMs. If your on ATT now you need to port out to someplace (Google Voice, T-Mobile, etc) and port back to ATT.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Same zip code or same area code? My current area code doesn't match the zip code for my current billing address.
    When setting up service, there's a separate prompt for a zip code where you'll get your new number—putting in where your to-be-ported number is from (if it's outside of the area code where you live) will ensure that both numbers are in the same "market" as far as AT&T is concerned. There is a prompt later for your entire billing address.

It's a weird way to assign numbers (most carriers ask the area code), but it seemed to cause trouble for some people. Where I live now is a few area codes away from where I grew up (and where my number originated), so I put the zip code where I grew up when getting the temporary number.

If you want to figure out the exact zip code, this site has been linked a few times on the Slickdeals thread: https://www.melissa.com/v2/lookups/zipcityphone/

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just to close loop: Got welcome email on 8/15 (Thurs) and bonus data on 8/17 (Saturday) and ported my number (Cricket to Total Wireless to ATT prepaid) today. Rep was very helpful through porting and temporary pin set up and resetting Autopay. Switched sim to iphone and everything looks good including online showing bonus data. Will load gift cards for future payments to get additional savings. Hopefully things will stay as is...Not bad for deal considering there is only little one time additional charge ($30 flip 2 and temporary plan charge with Total).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'll add my 2¢ - mine renewed Friday and I got the new bonus data today (replaced about 10GB left on the old bonus data), and I have 16GB it plan data + rollover. All of this has been paid for with discounted refills (Target.com was $5 off $50+ last week and now buy-one-get-one-10%-off this week). Nice to see that it seems to be working as expected.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Just to close loop: Got welcome email on 8/15 (Thurs) and bonus data on 8/17 (Saturday) and ported my number (Cricket to Total Wireless to ATT prepaid) today. Rep was very helpful through porting and temporary pin set up and resetting Autopay. Switched sim to iphone and everything looks good including online showing bonus data. Will load gift cards for future payments to get additional savings. Hopefully things will stay as is...Not bad for deal considering there is only little one time additional charge ($30 flip 2 and temporary plan charge with Total).
    Glad your patience paid off. The $30 flip phone like an activation fee that many carriers charge - you’d at least have to shell out $10 for a SIM kit, so your only hit for $20 extra.

It’s a really screwed up promo where you have to jump through hoops to get it - they don’t tell you all the gotchas. But once it hits your account the bonus data is a heck of a deal.

I waited to do this deal simply because of the porting 3-way issue but surprisingly the port process was flawless. I’ve had nightmare issues in the past with ST and Cricket.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bl01 View Post

I assumed since the SIM was in an official supported phone, VoLTE would work in the OnePlus automatically, but it didn't. I don't know if it registered the OnePlus IMEI with ATT somehow. Anyway, the only way I could get it to work, was to go in the online ATT prepaid portal and update my device IMEI to the Alcatel phone. As I mentioned, I 've restarted the OnePlus multiple times and still have VoLTE. I'm not sure what would happen if I remove the SIM and reinserted.
    @bl01, or anyone who knows for sure, because i never heard of this, what I'm reading is that I can go into an AT&T prepaid account and change the IMEI so that AT&T "believes" that my Note 10 is a Alcatel or iPhone that was just activated?

Am I understanding this?

Best regards

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    AT&T knows which device you are using. They are allowing VoLTE on devices that support it for prepaid now. WiFi calling is whitelisted and they have a list of devices which support it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    look like my FCC complaint is bearing fruit.

Got a call from an AT&T rep who added a $50 credit to my account and assures my that the 17GB will be added to my account within 14 days.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast