Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDuper View Post
    What an absolute SH*TSHOW today..

The Problem
    I ordered the Nokia 3.1A phone from walmart.com a few days ago. I received it yesterday, created a new prepaid AT&T account, entered the IMEI and ICCID into the portal and made a test call with the phone and went to sleep (and let the Nokia charge). I woke up early this morning and started playing with the Nokia and noticed that I had no cellular connectivity and that I couldn't make or receive calls on the phone beyond the first test call I made.

I called 611 and was told that the phone and account was suspended. I asked why, as payment was made on the account and showed funded on the ATT portal. CSR said the phone was not scanned in at time of sale. I said that the phone was purchased from walmart.com...
    I just had the same thing happen but I was able to resolve the activation issue via 611. Did you end up getting the bonus data or did it take more calls? How long after the reactivation did it take to get the bonus data?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 512GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    ATT activated the phone for me, but refused to give the bonus data. I had to abandon, return the phone, and rebuy in a physical store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Current Mobile Devices:
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro 512GB
    Nokia 3.1 A
    Apple iPhone SE 32GB
    Apple iPhone 1st Generation 8GB
    Alcatel Tetra
    ZTE Maven 3
    Amazon Fire Phone

Carriers
    AT&T Prepaid
    RedPocket (eBay)
    FreedomPop

Retired Phones:
    Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7, X, XS
    Sony-Ericsson: Z310a, T290a, T610
    Ericsson: T68m, T28
    Nokia: 6010, 6030
    Sony-Ericsson: K790a, K750i, Ericsson R380z
    Nokia: 5160, 3360
    Motorola: V551, V60i, V60c
    Mitsubishi: AMPS Bag Phone (1986)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoward View Post
    The AT&T prepaid billing system is a steaming pile of horse manure. If you’re on any kind of special promotion, like the Walmart bonus or the $15 or $20 autopay discount, don’t plan on keeping it for the long haul, one little glitch and poof, your promo is gone forever. Did you ever get this resolved?
    Amen. It finally resolved itself after 24 hours. No idea what the hell caused and didn't want ATT cust svc to mess up my lines again. Very crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Been rock solid for me - 4 lines with 25 GB bonus data going on 4 months now.
    4 out of 5 lines is going fine, just 1 line with headaches. Consider yourself very lucky!!! Those who have issues really know how lucky you are if you have no issues. Don't take it for granted!!

Feedback Score
    I updated apps without WiFi on today by accident, what a relief it is to not have to worry about that any more. Data anxiety is pretty similar to battery life anxiety, so nice to not have to worry about that now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I updated apps without WiFi on today by accident, what a relief it is to not have to worry about that any more. Data anxiety is pretty similar to battery life anxiety, so nice to not have to worry about that now.
    I've actually been trying to use more data since I have this 25gb plan. Used 3 the first month and 5 the second. I probably should have gone for the 8gb 360.

Feedback Score
    I already have a line for last 2 months and I got my brand new phone from Walmart store on 10/23 and activated my SECOND line same day. Had my Cricket port to Speed Talk ($5 per month plan) yesterday (10/28), it went through in less than 5 minutes. Bonus data showed up today AM (10/29), called port activation number and moved my Speed talk number to 2nd ATT line and set up AutoPay again. Combined the two lines in to Multi Line and all discounts showed up with bonus data. Like others, I am planning to load discounted prepaid card from Target and NOT touch a thing. So far no compliants at all, but I followed every step of the process outlined by several people.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I've actually been trying to use more data since I have this 25gb plan. Used 3 the first month and 5 the second. I probably should have gone for the 8gb 360.
    ^This exactly for me! I just don’t have to care about data anymore. I bet I never get through all the bonus data in one cycle...I was typically in the 6-8 GB range but recently have used 10-12 GB. Maybe one time I’ll turn on Hulu and just let it stream all day!

Feedback Score
    Been rock solid for me - 4 lines with 25 GB bonus data going on 4 months now.
    Have you been using the Walmart only phone from beginning or when did you switch to other phone???

Have you been using other phone the rest of the time even during renewal day????
    Tia,

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Have couple of question:
    1. Any one knows which sites are stream saver? Is there a list of stream saver site to check?
    2. I can't get the visual voicemail to work, when I try to register it doesn't recognize my phone number or PIN code, anyone uses this?
    3. My account shows 2.2 GB of 8GB remaining and 13GB of 17GBbonus data remaining. How do they split the data usuage between Plan data and bonus data?

Thanks in advance.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Have you been using the Walmart only phone from beginning or when did you switch to other phone???

Have you been using other phone the rest of the time even during renewal day????
    Tia,

Ian B
    Once the bonus data appeared, I ported my number from TMobile and swapped the SIM card. I’ve been using a non-Wally phone ever since. Some have reported when they call, CS tells them the Wally phone doesn’t show up as being purchased at Wally. It seems to be a glitch with how Wally phones registered in the ATT database and ATT doesn’t recognize them as a Wally phone and thus doesn’t apply the bonus.

That’s just a guess. Some have reported that after the bonus data disappeared they were successful in getting it restored by either calling ATT or logging an FCC complaint online for failure of ATT to honor the terms of the promotion.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Once the bonus data appeared, I ported my number from TMobile and swapped the SIM card. I’ve been using a non-Wally phone ever since. Some have reported when they call, CS tells them the Wally phone doesn’t show up as being purchased at Wally. It seems to be a glitch with how Wally phones registered in the ATT database and ATT doesn’t recognize them as a Wally phone and thus doesn’t apply the bonus.

That’s just a guess. Some have reported that after the bonus data disappeared they were successful in getting it restored by either calling ATT or logging an FCC complaint online for failure of ATT to honor the terms of the promotion.

Good luck.
    Thanks for info. I switched phone AFTER bonus data credited and ported my number. I am sure it will be fine and will report back when I renew on 11/18. If no bonus data 4 days after renew will call to generate ticket to get credited. That has happened to me in the past w Verizon prepaid and they have fixed it every time. Nothing to worry about.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    AT&T business line (iPhone 7) vs walmart plan (iPhone X). Thought I was on verizon for a second..

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to do my best in the future not to get into any deal where you have to use a specific phone on a plan. Like this plan is supposed to be. Or where to get a phone unlocked it has to be active the whole time. (In January I bought a discounted iPhone SE on Prepaid. I activated it, then was going to put it aside for 6 months while my account remained active then unlock it. I then found that if I put my SIM into my regular phone I reset the clock. So I activated another line and spent $60 over the next 6 months until I could unlock it. By the time I spent the extra money and time, I should have just bought it unlocked for the little I actually saved).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    By the time I spent the extra money and time, I should have just bought it unlocked for the little I actually saved).
    ^This. I always buy phones unlocked. I could save some $$$, but it’s not worth the hassle.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c47v3770 View Post
    AT&T business line (iPhone 7) vs walmart plan (iPhone X). Thought I was on verizon for a second..

Yeah, I've been noticing this more and more often and each time I wonder "is AT&T slow or am I being throttled?" It hasn't been bad enough yet that I'm considering leaving, but I defintiely don't like this new "we reserve the right to throttle you from day one during periods of network congestion" policy, vs the old "only when you exceed 22gb"...

Although I just looked through AT&T's site and they claim they only throttle during periods of congestion on the unlimited plans, which the Walmart plan is not. So I don't know. Very confusing.
    Last edited by BlueScreenOfTOM; 11-05-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast