Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for confirmation you got eSIM works with this plan. I might need it later. Love new razr which using eSIM. I know it is Verizon exclusively for now. Bet that later we will unlock version. Also price is too high for $1500. Let see how long it will take drop to $700 lever.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Umm. I think it’s somewhat humerous the iPhone X with abysmal speeds is showing 5Ge up top while the speedy one says LTE (4G). Quite possibly they’re locked onto towers on different spectrum and the “5Ge” is overloaded? If so, not something to be bragging about.
    This is mildly off-topic, but I'm sort of thinking something through for family members on Cricket who aren't necessarily going to be jumping to AT&T Prepaid. I also don't want to put them in a rougher place than the deprioritized-after-22GB 3Mbps plan they're on now.

I think at some point, someone (maybe up this thread, maybe at Slickdeals) said that the bonus data on the 8+17GB AT&T Prepaid plan was deprioritized. I don't know if there was any truth to that, but in my experience, I've gotten good speeds (10-200Mbps) just about anywhere in my area, but it's a good AT&T market. Lately, I've haven't seen the highest speeds, but still have had a good experience (up to about 100Mbps usually).

I picked up a heavily-discounted Cricket iPhone 6S (replacement for one of said family members) and bought the month of service on the Cricket More plan for the promotion. This is their always-deprioritized plan without speed caps (formerly Unlimited Extra, similar to the cheap prepaid unlimited plan and some others). I figured it might be nice to try the two side-by-side on my iPhone 11 (Cricket on physical SIM, AT&T Prepaid 8+17GB on eSIM).

With some testing, Cricket has been almost exactly the same even in areas that one would think should be congested, and it seems in places with great signals (full bars, verifying with Field Test mode) where it's fallen down on its face (1-3Mbps speeds), my AT&T Prepaid plan is similar.

I've been trying to find some instance where I can find bad deprioritization or some evidence that it's happening other than seeing pings go from 25-40ms to 60-70ms. I figured I'd at least see night and day differences somewhere, but haven't.

Obviously the real test would be where these two are struggling a bit and then comparing a higher-end postpaid AT&T plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    This is mildly off-topic, but I'm sort of thinking something through for family members on Cricket who aren't necessarily going to be jumping to AT&T Prepaid. I also don't want to put them in a rougher place than the deprioritized-after-22GB 3Mbps plan they're on now.

I think at some point, someone (maybe up this thread, maybe at Slickdeals) said that the bonus data on the 8+17GB AT&T Prepaid plan was deprioritized. I don't know if there was any truth to that, but in my experience, I've gotten good speeds (10-200Mbps) just about anywhere in my area, but it's a good AT&T market. Lately, I've haven't seen the highest speeds, but still have had a good experience (up to about 100Mbps usually).

I picked up a heavily-discounted Cricket iPhone 6S (replacement for one of said family members) and bought the month of service on the Cricket More plan for the promotion. This is their always-deprioritized plan without speed caps (formerly Unlimited Extra, similar to the cheap prepaid unlimited plan and some others). I figured it might be nice to try the two side-by-side on my iPhone 11 (Cricket on physical SIM, AT&T Prepaid 8+17GB on eSIM).

With some testing, Cricket has been almost exactly the same even in areas that one would think should be congested, and it seems in places with great signals (full bars, verifying with Field Test mode) where it's fallen down on its face (1-3Mbps speeds), my AT&T Prepaid plan is similar.

I've been trying to find some instance where I can find bad deprioritization or some evidence that it's happening other than seeing pings go from 25-40ms to 60-70ms. I figured I'd at least see night and day differences somewhere, but haven't.

Obviously the real test would be where these two are struggling a bit and then comparing a higher-end postpaid AT&T plan.
    ATT 17+8 GB plan has been good for me. 10-20ms pings (vs 40-60ms pings on Cricket), and generally 50-100 Mbps speeds.

We need to find the Cricket and ATT network engineers who set up the throughput rules on the networks - or do enough empirical data gathering to be sure.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    ATT 17+8 GB plan has been good for me. 10-20ms pings (vs 40-60ms pings on Cricket), and generally 50-100 Mbps speeds.

We need to find the Cricket and ATT network engineers who set up the throughput rules on the networks - or do enough empirical data gathering to be sure.
    Yeah, I totally agree - I know there's some folks that can't handle the idea that their plan may be "less than" (comes up a lot with Visible discussions), but I'm fine with something that's still useable. Unfortunately, I don't have any concerts or sporting events coming up to torture-test the two side-by-side, but it has been interesting trying to see where things fall and under what circumstances.

It's basically a wash in cost (either 8+17 on AT&T and 3 Cricket 3Mbps Unlimited lines or 4 Cricket More Unlimited) and my data usage is still less than 25GB (or 33 if you count rollover), so I'm kind of playing since I have this extra line that I've paid for to see how Cricket handles no speed caps.

Either way, AT&T is going to be getting just a bit more out of me than when I had all four lines on Cricket 4/$100.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I returned the cheap At&t flipper the day after the bonus showed up and have now had my plan renew 3 times without any problems.
    The problem is that the next person who buys that phone in order to get the 25GB plan will not be able to get it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They will be considered open box and won't qualify for it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by wwglen View Post
    The problem is that the next person who buys that phone in order to get the 25GB plan will not be able to get it.
    Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    They will be considered open box and won't qualify for it anyway

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app
    Do whatever your ethics allow, but mine wouldn't allow that to save a few dollars.

Feedback Score
    Maybe returning the flipper is coming back to haunt me. No bonus data on my 4th renewal and the whole bonus bar is gone. Gonna give them a call this week and see if I can take care of it. Might even switch back to Cricket since they're now offering a $40.00 unlimited plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Maybe returning the flipper is coming back to haunt me. No bonus data on my 4th renewal and the whole bonus bar is gone. Gonna give them a call this week and see if I can take care of it. Might even switch back to Cricket since they're now offering a $40.00 unlimited plan.
    I returned my flipper because it didn’t work - couldn’t get a signal. I’ve had no issues through 4 renewals. It would be interesting to find out what caused your bonus data to disappear? Do you have the intestinal fortitude to deal with CS find out?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    It seems some people are reporting on Reddit that they've lost the bonus data with their December renewal. Has anyone around here run into that? My plan renews by the end of the week and bonus data expires Monday.

Feedback Score
    It seems some people are reporting on Reddit that they've lost the bonus data with their December renewal. Has anyone around here run into that? My plan renews by the end of the week and bonus data expires Monday.
    Damn it this is very concerning. I hope I won't have any issues. I had an issue with a line previously but it was fixed. Arrghh...so annoying to have to worry about this stuff.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just checked mine which should have renewed bonus data yesterday and it's missing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    I've been trying to read up on it (mostly because of some downtime and concern of if I'll lose it when mine renews) and it seems also this billing cycle, people who were on the double-data promotion have lost that, too. That leads me to believe that AT&T's system somehow screwed up, rather than something breaking if you swapped the SIM into a different device or moved to an eSIM.

I know the prepaid account management site is ancient and I'd hate to see how patched-together and broken it is behind the scenes, but I'd at least pass things along here just in case.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Yep, seems like a glitch on AT&T's side. So now the question is, do they have a record of everyone that had promo data and can it be restored, or are they going to require all of us to phone in and complain before we get the bonus data restored? I'm hoping for the former but betting on the latter. According to the reddit thread, people who have tried phoning in have thus far had no luck, with CS giving them a variety of excuses. Many of the commenters say that when this has happened in the past, only an FCC complaint got their data restored.

Somebody screwed up royally.

Feedback Score
    My plan renewed on 12/8 and bonus data showed up on 12/10 (today) and I have multi line and BOTH have bonus data and rollover showing with no issues as of today. I did not return the original phone and I did NOT do eSIM. I ported my number for both lines months back and just swapped the sim to iPhones and did NOT make any other changes.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast