Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Does anyone here know if this deal requires in store activation? Or can I just take it home and activate myself?
    You can buy a phone kit and take it home - I'd avoid ordering from Walmart.com just because people ran into more issues that way.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    You can buy a phone kit and take it home - I'd avoid ordering from Walmart.com just because people ran into more issues that way.
    Darn, that's what I did. Mainly because that's the only way to get the iPhone 7 as apparently they don't carry the prepaid version of that near me in store.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    Darn, that's what I did. Mainly because that's the only way to get the iPhone 7 as apparently they don't carry the prepaid version of that near me in store.
    Apparently, this promotion will expire today. The AT&T rep confirmed that their internal records show that this promo expires on Sept 6. So you may want to go to a local Walmart and get a flip phone to activate your sim and then transfer that sim to an iPhone later.

But you never know, they may extend this promo. We will know if their promo webpage is still up tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I did not have a problem. I ordered a phone from walmart.com and one from a local store, both went through fine with bonus data and porting.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    Apparently, this promotion will expire today. The AT&T rep confirmed that their internal records show that this promo expires on Sept 6. So you may want to go to a local Walmart and get a flip phone to activate your sim and then transfer that sim to an iPhone later.

But you never know, they may extend this promo. We will know if their promo webpage is still up tomorrow.
    That would suck, the phone arrives tomorrow.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    I did not have a problem. I ordered a phone from walmart.com and one from a local store, both went through fine with bonus data and porting.
    That's fair (wasn't saying that it definitely won't work)—keeping up with the 1400+ post Slickdeals thread over the last few months, it seemed (unscientifically) that there were quite a few that ordered online that somehow were just let off the promotion. It's probably like how ordering refills or SIM cards from Best Buy seem to have a higher failure rate that something wasn't scanned in the process.

Then again, there's plenty of places where someone followed the directions and somehow ended up with 8GB of bonus (conflicting promotions) or none at all, so it's just an odd one in general? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So I just finished...I got the bonus data this morning ( I initially activated the flip phone i got from Walmart.com on Wednesday, so it took 3 days for bonus data to appear) Then, I Ported from Cricket to speed talk and then to at&t prepaid.. what ended up happening is I was no longer able to log in (I was afraid the CS rep messed up my account), so I called CS and had them reset my password . To my surprise my data and bonus remained , but my auto pay was turned off (when I try to turn it on I get a error about my bank being denied...not sure what that's about ). Anyway I have a note 9 (it has at&t firmware installed via sim) .my question is am I supposed to get wifi calling on this phone? Or is it not activated yet on Android with at&t prepaid? Am I supposed to update the IMEI in my account to note 9 or no? Also, does the at&t account management app not work with at&t prepaid Accounts?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Did you do anything to change your account - like update the IMEI? The bonus data takes 2 days to appear upon a renewal - how long has it been?
    No I didn't do anything to my account. It's been almost 15 days past account renewal and I still do not have bonus data.

Very pissed off since I played by the rules - paid for Walmart plan, ported in from Verizon. This promo feels like a joke where people randomly get bonus data. And in my case, have promo data for 2 cycles, and then lose it on the 3rd cycle. Just insane, how ridiculously flaky this promo is, even if you play by all the rules!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    So I just finished...I got the bonus data this morning ( I initially activated the flip phone i got from Walmart.com on Wednesday, so it took 3 days for bonus data to appear) Then, I Ported from Cricket to speed talk and then to at&t prepaid.. what ended up happening is I was no longer able to log in (I was afraid the CS rep messed up my account), so I called CS and had them reset my password . To my surprise my data and bonus remained , but my auto pay was turned off (when I try to turn it on I get a error about my bank being denied...not sure what that's about ). Anyway I have a note 9 (it has at&t firmware installed via sim) .my question is am I supposed to get wifi calling on this phone? Or is it not activated yet on Android with at&t prepaid? Am I supposed to update the IMEI in my account to note 9 or no? Also, does the at&t account management app not work with at&t prepaid Accounts?
    No app for ATT prepaid it seems. The ATT app is for post-paid customers. What pisses me off is that I lost data after 2 months. Forget even niceties like wifi calling. I just want what the promo promised!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That is strange. My plan renewed a few days ago and I got the bonus data right away. Last night I logged on to my account and the bonus disappeared from my line but all the others still showed it. This morning I was going to call but just checked and it reappeared! The ATT prepaid account management website is screwy I guess.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    No app for ATT prepaid it seems. The ATT app is for post-paid customers. What pisses me off is that I lost data after 2 months. Forget even niceties like wifi calling. I just want what the promo promised!!
    Let us know if it ever appears—I wonder if what you were experiencing and what glowblue was saw were related (i.e. the bonus data was there, but not showing up on the account management).

Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    That is strange. My plan renewed a few days ago and I got the bonus data right away. Last night I logged on to my account and the bonus disappeared from my line but all the others still showed it. This morning I was going to call but just checked and it reappeared! The ATT prepaid account management website is screwy I guess.
    I'm sort of one-foot-in-the-door-one-foot-out at this time. Three lines are still on Cricket (using up a balance, so they'll probably come over with just the 8GB plan), but I moved mine in July and service has been great. I picked up a couple of discounted refills, so those are keeping me on AT&T Prepaid until November, and so far things are renewing as expected, but feeling a bit less polished around the edges from a usability standpoint. Unfortunately, if I were to move my line back to Cricket, I'd have to move the other 3 away from the 3Mbps Unlimited plan in favor of Unlimited Core or Unlimited More. Ultimately, I think I'll still move everyone to AT&T Prepaid for the flexibility (everyone "owns" their lines and we can mix & match plans).

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Let us know if it ever appears—I wonder if what you were experiencing and what glowblue was saw were related (i.e. the bonus data was there, but not showing up on the account management).

I'm sort of one-foot-in-the-door-one-foot-out at this time. Three lines are still on Cricket (using up a balance, so they'll probably come over with just the 8GB plan), but I moved mine in July and service has been great. I picked up a couple of discounted refills, so those are keeping me on AT&T Prepaid until November, and so far things are renewing as expected, but feeling a bit less polished around the edges from a usability standpoint. Unfortunately, if I were to move my line back to Cricket, I'd have to move the other 3 away from the 3Mbps Unlimited plan in favor of Unlimited Core or Unlimited More. Ultimately, I think I'll still move everyone to AT&T Prepaid for the flexibility (everyone "owns" their lines and we can mix & match plans).
    I’m happy with the ATT prepaid service - same coverage as Cricket but performance and speeds are much better plus have the hotspot!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    No I didn't do anything to my account. It's been almost 15 days past account renewal and I still do not have bonus data.

Very pissed off since I played by the rules - paid for Walmart plan, ported in from Verizon. This promo feels like a joke where people randomly get bonus data. And in my case, have promo data for 2 cycles, and then lose it on the 3rd cycle. Just insane, how ridiculously flaky this promo is, even if you play by all the rules!!

Call customer service or file a complaint with FCC/BBB

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Call customer service or file a complaint with FCC/BBB

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app
    Yup already called 2 weeks ago, and they set up a ticket and said I should get data last week. Nothing. FCC complaint will be next, although I'm not sure how helpful it will be.

In my case, bonus data is not there, and I am consuming my regular data + rollover data. But it disappearing might be related to what glowblue experienced, except in my case they simply didn't reinstate the data.

So frustrating!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I finally made it over here. Cricket to Ting to At&t Prepaid. Went pretty smooth and the ports were instant. Gonna be nice not having to find certain phones that Hotspot on Cricket. Gonna be using my Moto G7 Power for a while because of the crazy battery life.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone hit their 3rd month and keep the bonus data yet???? If so, are you still using the At&t Prepaid phone you purchased for this deal or do you have the sim in some other phone?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast