Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    You'll have to let us know if SIM-swapping early on allows you to keep the promo. I wondered if there was some sort of IMEI validation for a certain window to get the promo data.
    Has this been an issue in the past with Walmart deals? I can keep the SIM in the burner phone until the extra data appears, if need be. And now you've got me nervous so I may do just that

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I see the fine print still states that bonus data is used before plan data. If you use less than 25 Gb, the 8 Gb rolls-over. Could be up to 33 Gb each new month, but I bet that 2-day or so delay after each renewal is to make you use some of the plan data before you receive the bonus.

Device(s)
    GN9 & LG V40
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile, ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    was in wally today and they knew nothing of this plan. I'm in for it as soon as I can. Seems like a solid deal if you using close to 20gb. ATT actually works better in several areas in Jacksonville than Verizon for me

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I see the fine print still states that bonus data is used before plan data. If you use less than 25 Gb, the 8 Gb rolls-over. Could be up to 33 Gb each new month, but I bet that 2-day or so delay after each renewal is to make you use some of the plan data before you receive the bonus.
    The other reason they use promo data before plan data is cause they can depri your promo data while they cannot depri your plan data

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4, Samsung J7 Neo.
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Page Plus, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    And most likely this plan doesn’t mix well with the 5 multi line I’m assuming

Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    Plan details says yes multi line members eligible:

Walmart $25GB for $50/mo: Available at Walmart In-store or Walmart.com only. Requires purchase of AT&T PREPAID phone & activation & payment on new line of service on $50 monthly plan. To receive 17GB of bonus data each month, you must remain on the $50 monthly plan and complete all requirements within 60 days of phone purchase. Once qualifications have been met, bonus data will be applied to customer’s account within 10 days after activation and within 2 days after each qualified renewal. Multi-Line members are eligible. Bonus data is used before plan data and does not rollover. Not combinable with select other promotions and/or discounts.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is this just the 8+8 plan, only better? On the other hand, if they really do deprioritize bonus data, this plan pretty much makes you deprioritized 100% of the time if you would normally be within the bounds of an 8+8 plan. That could, I suppose, be the point.
    Last edited by randian; 06-12-2019 at 01:50 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreenOfTOM View Post
    Has this been an issue in the past with Walmart deals? I can keep the SIM in the burner phone until the extra data appears, if need be. And now you've got me nervous so I may do just that
    I don't think it has, but was trying to cover any possible scenarios where it would break - currently on Cricket 4/$100 unlimited and mostly pleased, but (most likely) faster speeds with lots of data is pretty tempting. I am curious how they know it's a phone from Walmart...ICCID of the SIM or IMEI of the phone?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Is this just the 8+8 plan, only better? On the other hand, if they really do deprioritize bonus data, this plan pretty much makes you deprioritized 100% of the time if you would normally be within the bounds of an 8+8 plan. That could, I suppose, the the point.
    Exactly you’d have to get through 17 gigs first to truly enjoy priority status on your 8 original gb... it’s sneaky on ATT’s part

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Exactly you’d have to get through 17 gigs first to truly enjoy priority status on your 8 original gb... it’s sneaky on ATT’s part
    While I haven’t had regular talk and text lines with AT&T, I do have some data only lines. AT&T is much easier on the network management front than Verizon. Verizon seems to clamp down fairly hard most of the time. I can’t even tell my lines are subject to network management usually with the Death Star.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    AT&T prepaid is already "deprioritized"- they're not going to make another level of priority just for a promo.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:
    https://imgur.com/a/UMj1hM1

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    AT&T prepaid is already "deprioritized"- they're not going to make another level of priority just for a promo.
    Incorrect. The capped data plans of 1 gb and 8 gb are not depri. Show me the language

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Welp, I picked up my prepaid phone from Walmart tonight and activated a new line of service on the 8gb plan, then signed up for autopay. I'll leave the SIM in there until the extra data shows up just in case. I'll check in here once the promo data appears.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Show me the language
    Show me the language regarding your allegation that bonus data can be deprioritized.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Oops! Pardon my faulty math. I don't know why I thought of 25 Gb + 8 Gb, of course it is 17 Gb + 8 Gb.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Incorrect. The capped data plans of 1 gb and 8 gb are not depri. Show me the language
    They are killing my promo bucket with this nonsense.

Name:  IMG_0005.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  16.4 KB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast