Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
    I just got back from the Walmart neighborhood market near me. Their prepaid phone/card selection is small but no sign of the Alcatel IdealXtra. I used the old brickseek site and it said this store had 2 but I know that may not be true. I asked at the service desk and the employee found it in the back. It rang up at $13 so I bought it. Would have bought the other one they had but broke now.

There are maybe 7 or so Walmart neighborhood markets in my area. Brickseek site showed all at $13, a few stores were out of stock. The normal Walmart super centers showed price as 39.88 and some showed 49. I have not activated the phone yet and may not for a week or so. Unless someone else thinks this may not work for this 25GB promo I'll get activated soon and report back.
    I was looking for the $13.00 LG Phoenix 3 when this Wally/At&t deal first started but didn't have any luck. Ended up just grabbing the Cheap flipper and returning it after I completed the deal.

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Renewal yesterday. All four lines got bonus data immediately. It use the credit in the account as expected. I purchased a few $100 prepaid Pins and load them to accounts.

Sent from my MI 9 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by krusir View Post
    Renewal yesterday. All four lines got bonus data immediately. It use the credit in the account as expected. I purchased a few $100 prepaid Pins and load them to accounts.

I assume you're not using any of the At&t Prepaid phones you purchased?

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, G4+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I bought the Alcatel flip and then moved the sim to my Moto z2 after the data showed up. My first renewal went just fine. The 2nd renewal will be October 4th.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3HXXDP8

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Correct. I switch to my own phone after bonus data show up and port my numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 512GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

What an absolute SH*TSHOW today..

The Problem
    I ordered the Nokia 3.1A phone from walmart.com a few days ago. I received it yesterday, created a new prepaid AT&T account, entered the IMEI and ICCID into the portal and made a test call with the phone and went to sleep (and let the Nokia charge). I woke up early this morning and started playing with the Nokia and noticed that I had no cellular connectivity and that I couldn't make or receive calls on the phone beyond the first test call I made.

I called 611 and was told that the phone and account was suspended. I asked why, as payment was made on the account and showed funded on the ATT portal. CSR said the phone was not scanned in at time of sale. I said that the phone was purchased from walmart.com. CSR gave me an email address to ATT support and told me to enclose a PDF of the receipt with IMEI and ICCID. The only problem was the Walmart receipt does not show this information. After being placed on hold for 15 minutes, CSR tells me they can't help me and that I need to go to a Corporate Store with the receipt, phone IMEI, and my ID to remove the suspension. I go to the Corp Store, speak to a friendly manager. She never heard of this before and that they have no access to remove the suspension on the account. She showed me on her iPad that most of the fields were greyed out and she couldn't do anything. She told me this was to prevent a thief from activating a stolen phone. I asked her to note in the account with her name that she verified my ID, ICCID (from the phone) and Walmart receipt. She entered that she verified my driver's license, ICCID, and IMEI in the notes field on my account, but could do no more. She handed me an extra SIM should I need it and pretty much said good luck dealing with CSR.

I called CSR again, they read the notes that the Corp Store manager entered, spoke to a supervisor and finally got the restriction removed and I was able to make a test call from another line to the Nokia while the CSR was on the phone. CSR asked if there was anything else they could help with, I said "yes" and discussed the 17GB additional promotion as I was worried that I would not receive the promotion. CSR was understanding, verified my eligibility for the promotion, and submitted a ticket to ensure that 17GB would be added to my account. CSR said the ticket should be resolved in 2-3 days and 25GB will show up on the account.. not sure how long I should hold my breath..

The Plan
    I have a iPhone XS SIM-free on the 8GB/$40 ATT prepaid plan and phone number which I've had for about 10 years.

I opened a Ting line (TMo MVNO) and ported my 8GB/$40 ATT number over to Ting. The port went relatively smoothly, and took about 20 very long anxious nail biting minutes to complete. I've had this number for 10 years and didn't want it to vaporize while in port limbo. The Ting SIM is now running my old ATT phone number in my XS. Cool.

Tomorrow (9/20) I pick up from the Apple Store the iPhone 11 Pro SIM-free and plan to dump the XS on eBay to help fund this extravagant purchase.

Right now my action plan is not to touch the SIM in the Wally Nokia until 25GB shows up on the account. Once it shows up on the account, I'll port my 10 year old number from Ting to the ATT Wally Nokia. Once the port is complete, I will go to the Corp Store again and switch from SIM to eSIM and enter into the 11 Pro thus freeing up it's SIM slot. I have a low end Tello (Sprint MVNO) SIM which was in my XS and will put this in the SIM slot on the 11 Pro.

Final goal is to have the iPhone 11 Pro with my 10 year old number on ATT eSIM 25GB/$40 and Tello (Sprint) in the SIM slot.

Many freaking hoops to jump though, and I'm about 70% of the way there..
    And yes.. I've read every discussion here and on SD.
    Last edited by SuperDuper; Today at 12:59 AM.
    Current Mobile Devices:
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro 512GB
    Nokia 3.1 A
    Apple iPhone SE 32GB
    Apple iPhone 1st Generation 8GB
    Alcatel Tetra
    ZTE Maven 3
    Amazon Fire Phone

Carriers
    AT&T Prepaid
    RedPocket (eBay)
    FreedomPop

Retired Phones:
    Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7, X, XS
    Sony-Ericsson: Z310a, T290a, T610
    Ericsson: T68m, T28
    Nokia: 6010, 6030
    Sony-Ericsson: K790a, K750i, Ericsson R380z
    Nokia: 5160, 3360
    Motorola: V551, V60i, V60c
    Mitsubishi: AMPS Bag Phone (1986)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's why I'll never purchase any prepaid phone online. Had the same problem with Best Buy and Walmart. The activation barcode doesn't get scanned so activating phone doesn't work.

I've been OK with buying online and picking up in store. I usually remind the cashier to make sure the activation barcode is scanned.

Walmart usually has that info on the receipt. I've not yet activated the $13 Alcatel I bought yesterday. The receipt does show the activation info.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Bought an iPhone 7 via Walmart.com and picked up in store, was still in sealed shipping box when I picked it up. No problem activating and receiving bonus.

I do have a problem getting the bundled $50 credit that was supposed to come with the phone, planning on calling next week about that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hello everyone in the forum, How much time do I have to activate my phone, to be able to have the 25GB plan. Can i wait a month? Until my Verizon refill expire. Thanks with any info.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19