Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Carrier(s)
    ATT, TMO, VZ
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    AT&T prepaid is already "deprioritized"- they're not going to make another level of priority just for a promo.
    I have AT&T prepaid unlimited and the 8 gb plans and neither is not deprioritized, not sure where you get your information.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    According to the bottom of this page: https://www.walmart.com/cp/9888697

"AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds when the network is congested."

ALL of the 25GB of data is deprioritized during congestion. Depending on where you are located, this could be a deal killer. I am on their $75/85 unl. plan and it is not deprioritized during congestion at all until you hit 22GB of usage. (The $55/65 unl. plan however is deprioritized at all times)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBoxieZ View Post
    According to the bottom of this page: https://www.walmart.com/cp/9888697

"AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds when the network is congested."

ALL of the 25GB of data is deprioritized during congestion. Depending on where you are located, this could be a deal killer. I am on their $75/85 unl. plan and it is not deprioritized during congestion at all until you hit 22GB of usage. (The $55/65 unl. plan however is deprioritized at all times)
    The original 8 gb is not deprioritized .. only the promo 17 is

Device(s)
    GN9 & LG V40
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile, ATT
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Is that quoted on the ATT or Walmart promo page? It seemed pretty vague to me and that would be a crap way to handle it...making your first 17GB deprioritized every month. Name:  pray.gif
Views: 513
Size:  8.7 KB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreenOfTOM View Post
    Welp, I picked up my prepaid phone from Walmart tonight and activated a new line of service on the 8gb plan, then signed up for autopay. I'll leave the SIM in there until the extra data shows up just in case. I'll check in here once the promo data appears.
    Do you have any updates on this? I may go later tonight to pick one up. What phone did you buy, and what are you going to transfer it to?

I’m thinking about getting the flip phone, and will be transferring to an iPhone XR.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by reedctanner View Post
    Do you have any updates on this? I may go later tonight to pick one up. What phone did you buy, and what are you going to transfer it to?

I’m thinking about getting the flip phone, and will be transferring to an iPhone XR.
    I just checked, still waiting for the bonus data to go through. I got the LG Phoenix 4 as it was the cheapest smartphone they had in stock. I wouldn't get the flip phone as they don't support LTE (AFAIK) so it's possible the SIM won't be provisioned for it. Once the data bonus shows, I'll put the SIM in my Galaxy S8.

I did call 611 earlier and verify they had the IMEI of the phone I bought on file. I suspect this is important so they can verify it was purchased from Walmart. The girl I talked to on 611 told me she could see that the bonus data was already in process and I should see it "in 3 to 5 days" but I always take what those tier one support people say with a grain of salt.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    @vartanarsen:
    You have repeatedly posted your conspiracy theory, which alleges that the bonus data is deprioritized. Meanwhile, you have posted absolutely no evidence that would support that allegation -- absolutely nothing from the offer, the disclaimers, the TOS, the OLAM, etc.
    Last edited by Pomgup; 06-14-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What's the best way to switch to this for those of us who foolishly opened accounts for the +8Gb promo?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    What's the best way to switch to this for those of us who foolishly opened accounts for the +8Gb promo?
    I wouldn’t say foolishly I mean no one saw this coming plus on that note can’t speak for everyone but not all need that much data food for thought

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Update: I checked my account this morning and the 17GB bonus data now shows in the online portal.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreenOfTOM View Post
    Update: I checked my account this morning and the 17GB bonus data now shows in the online portal.
    Have you switched it to your other/intended phone?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Get the new service with a new number, port out your 8GB plan number to TMO with a $3 a month account, endure the headache of having to contact customer support to port that number in under the new account? I think you have until your next billing cycle to port in a number to your new account before they'll charge you $36.

A cheaper but far slower method might be to port the number you want to keep to Google Voice. Keep in mind the port out will take at least 24 hours and the same for the port back-in.

Did I mention dealing with prepaid customer support is a giant headache?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is a recap of the steps I performed to successfully port two lines over, switch SIM to OnePlus 6T, and add to multi-line account using this promo.

- Purchased two Acaltel Tetra for $34.88 in store on June 10th
    - Went online and activated from the link on the ATT Walmart Promo page
    - Called ATT 611 to let them know I didn't see the option to port my existing number when activating (which I didn't) and had numbers ported
    - Moved lines to existing ATT prepaid multi-line account
    - Placed the activated SIM's from the Alcatel phones in my OnePlus 6T's with the ported numbers
    - OnePlus 6T's worked fine, but no VoLTE (already had enabled in dialer) Updated IMEI on ATT prepaid account online to the IMEI of the Alacatel phones, restarted OnePlus phones and have had VoLTE ever since
    - June 14th 17 GB bonus data shows up

Hopefully it shows up every month and hopefully the IMEI doesn't update in the ATT system at some point, but so far so good.

- Phone

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrunner View Post
    Have you switched it to your other/intended phone?
    Not yet. My plan is to port my old number over to Google Voice. I may or may not do that today...

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by bl01 View Post
    This is a recap of the steps I performed to successfully port two lines over, switch SIM to OnePlus 6T, and add to multi-line account using this promo.

- Purchased two Acaltel Tetra for $34.88 in store on June 10th
    - Went online and activated from the link on the ATT Walmart Promo page
    - Called ATT 611 to let them know I didn't see the option to port my existing number when activating (which I didn't) and had numbers ported
    - Moved lines to existing ATT prepaid multi-line account
    - Placed the activated SIM's from the Alcatel phones in my OnePlus 6T's with the ported numbers
    - OnePlus 6T's worked fine, but no VoLTE (already had enabled in dialer) Updated IMEI on ATT prepaid account online to the IMEI of the Alacatel phones, restarted OnePlus phones and have had VoLTE ever since
    - June 14th 17 GB bonus data shows up

Hopefully it shows up every month and hopefully the IMEI doesn't update in the ATT system at some point, but so far so good.
    Thanks for the information - about how long after activating service did you port your existing number and how long did you keep the SIMs in the Alcatel phones? I suspect even if the IMEI changes on the account, the promo will stick around since most people could reasonably understand switching to a new phone or replacing a broken one. I suspect to keep VoLTE, you'd either need to SIM swap to an officially supported VoLTE phone or hope the IMEIs don't update, right?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast