Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: John Legere on The merger.

Feedback Score
    In actuality, Charlie Ergen was a disruptive force in the cable TV business, in favor of the customers, long before John Legere was...

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Did Amazon, Freedompop and Peter Adderton ( Former Boost Mobile Founder ) get better information on this Meger that everyone else? I was under the impression that this merger deal was going to be blocked by the DOJ.

STS Media will sell FreedomPop ahead of its Boost Mobile bid: Reuters

Boost Mobile Founder Met DOJ Friday on T-Mobile-Sprint Deal

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dude View Post
    I think that T-Mobile would get far more value by buying Dish Network than Sprint. They would get spectrum and a customer list (including the old Blockbuster customer list ), and there would be no basis for any antitrust concerns. Could be finished sooner than the Sprint deal.
    T-Mobile should not merge with Dish Network that is in a dying market as streaming is taking out satellite in TV service delivery. Both, DISH and Directv are thinking about a merger.

"Dish is in a particularly tough spot. The Englewood, Colorado-based company has seen its conventional TV customers shrink from more than 14.1 million to 9.64 million in recent years. Its online Sling TV service has 2.42 million subscribers. "

AT&T, Dish Are Open to Merging Satellite-TV Divisions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    John is still pitching for the merger. https://youtu.be/NbkQLIShWhM
    Wouldn't you for the bonus? I know I would. Fingers crossed the merger fails.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I bet if John had short hair & wore suits this'd be a done deal.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTnT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I bet if John had short hair & wore suits this'd be a done deal.
    He specifically made those changes for T-Mobile - never had long hair before:

Name:  legeres.png
Views: 316
Size:  740.1 KB

Feedback Score
    He specifically made those changes for T-Mobile - never had long hair before:

Name:  legeres.png
Views: 316
Size:  740.1 KB
    The John on the left would've sealed the deal.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post

...Within a couple months if not sooner T-Mobile announces they are abandoning plans to offer fixed wireless to rural areas. 600 MHz 5G is basically abandoned. Except maybe in the more populated areas. 5G itself will be limited maybe to the top 75 markets( maybe top 100 ) but no one in rural areas will see it. How any of this is good for consumers I have yet to hear an answer form anti-merger people.
    Here's the answer: stop automatically believing anything Legere is promising to win approval. This is standard merger M.O.: promise what sounds good and what you were probably planning to do anyway.

Anyone remember when DirecTV and DISH were trying to merge? They assured regulators that without the bandwidth and shared resources of a merger it would be technically impossible to deliver local channels to most markets in the US. Within months of the merger falling through, both companies were delivering local channels to the majority of the country. Why? Because it was not only possible, it was profitable to.

This merger is not the only way to accomplish Leger's promises. And it's not even necessarily the best way.

Once T-Mo is on an equal footing with the big two, they have ZERO incentive to continue to be a disrupting influence in the industry. We don't need another VZW or AT&T. We have two more than we need already!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    ....Once T-Mo is on an equal footing with the big two, they have ZERO incentive to continue to be a disrupting influence in the industry. We don't need another VZW or AT&T. We have two more than we need already!
    QFT & very well said.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Dish Network is waiting on a bigger payday than what T-Mobile can pay. Dish Network wants Comcast, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple or Verizon type of money. Other than Dish's spectrum the Satellite TV service is getting killed by the cord cutters with streaming TV services. Young people don't watch TV like the older people do. No one wants to invest in a Satellite TV service now that will be obsoleted by streaming services like their Sling TV. However Sling has a lot of streaming competition that will give the advantage to the larger companies that own the media and the distribution. AT&T's DirecTV has an advantage over Dish in that AT&T can provide wireline home ISP service plus will put their foot in the door with mmWave Wireless home broadband. Dish can't compete against DirecTV as the satellite TV market shrinks. T-Mobile needs to steer clear of Dish since Charlie wants a fortune to get get out of that biz especially as spectrum prices are dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    The thing is, nobody wants to work with Charlie. Every time there has been rumblings of him selling, there seems to be a stipulation that Charlie also wants to be in control, or have partial control in some way. So it wouldn't be like Charlie sells Dish, and then walks away.
    +1,000,000 - these two posts sum up the Dish Network situation to a tee.

To a large degree Ergen is the reason behind the merger. He won't sell spectrum Tmobile could use to move ahead on their own and he wouldn't make a deal with Sprint that would make them viable (spectrum and cash towards ownership/build out.

Here he is with maybe a handful of towers with his antennas on them and zero customers saying he can meet a nationwide build out requirement

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Here's the answer: stop automatically believing anything Legere is promising to win approval. This is standard merger M.O.: promise what sounds good and what you were probably planning to do anyway.

Anyone remember when DirecTV and DISH were trying to merge? They assured regulators that without the bandwidth and shared resources of a merger it would be technically impossible to deliver local channels to most markets in the US. Within months of the merger falling through, both companies were delivering local channels to the majority of the country. Why? Because it was not only possible, it was profitable to.

This merger is not the only way to accomplish Leger's promises. And it's not even necessarily the best way.

Once T-Mo is on an equal footing with the big two, they have ZERO incentive to continue to be a disrupting influence in the industry. We don't need another VZW or AT&T. We have two more than we need already!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Merges are NEVER good for the customer. I don't care about what Legere is saying.

Feedback Score

I think that T-Mobile would get far more value by buying Dish Network than Sprint. They would get spectrum and a customer list (including the old Blockbuster customer list ), and there would be no basis for any antitrust concerns. Could be finished sooner than the Sprint deal.
    Dish Network is waiting on a bigger payday than what T-Mobile can pay.
    I'm not sure what you are talking about.

S Mkt cap 27.04B [Sprint]
    DISH Mkt cap 17.43B
    Maybe Legere is trying the harder merger first, and thereby leaving the DISH merger as a Plan B.

UPDATE: 10 states are suing to block the merger, so maybe time for Plan B.
    Last edited by A Dude; 06-11-2019 at 12:50 PM.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Maybe Legere is trying the harder merger first, and thereby leaving the DISH merger as a Plan B.

UPDATE: 10 states are suing to block the merger, so maybe time for Plan B.
    You need to read up on Charles Ergen before saying such nonescence. Trying to buy something from Charlie is like buying an item with cash in hand and last minute Charlie decides he will mark up the price and demands that he is partially in charge in whatever you're doing with the item.

Feedback Score
    Dish Network is waiting on a bigger payday than what T-Mobile can pay. Dish Network wants Comcast, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Apple or Verizon type of money. Other than Dish's spectrum the Satellite TV service is getting killed by the cord cutters with streaming TV services. Young people don't watch TV like the older people do. No one wants to invest in a Satellite TV service now that will be obsoleted by streaming services like their Sling TV. However Sling has a lot of streaming competition that will give the advantage to the larger companies that own the media and the distribution. AT&T's DirecTV has an advantage over Dish in that AT&T can provide wireline home ISP service plus will put their foot in the door with mmWave Wireless home broadband. Dish can't compete against DirecTV as the satellite TV market shrinks. T-Mobile needs to steer clear of Dish since Charlie wants a fortune to get get out of that biz especially as spectrum prices are dropping.
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    You need to read up on Charles Ergen before saying such nonescence. Trying to buy something from Charlie is like buying an item with cash in hand and last minute Charlie decides he will mark up the price and demands that he is partially in charge in whatever you're doing with the item.
    This is the second "buying something" comment, when what I said is merger.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Just when I think the deal may go through another obstacle pops up. I couldn't make this stuff up even for a lifetime for women movie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast