Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop has been sold to Red Pocket

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S, OG Pixel XL, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon), T-Mobile, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I forget is the FP AT&T UTnT 1GB VOIP or native voice? And is it hard capped?
    Pretty sure it is VoIP for all FP AT&T plans.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did RP say or do think RP will keep FP AT&T VOIP or will RP change FP AT&T over to native voice?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Did RP say or do think RP will keep FP AT&T VOIP or will RP change FP AT&T over to native voice?
    Post 97 below:

"In the upcoming weeks and months, you will benefit from better customer service and better products including SIMs with native voice and SMS so you do not have to use the FreedomPop app if you don't want to."

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Post 97 below:

"In the upcoming weeks and months, you will benefit from better customer service and better products including SIMs with native voice and SMS so you do not have to use the FreedomPop app if you don't want to."
    Before everyone gets their hopes up, I just want to point out that this quote is coming from the "FreedomPop rep" posting on SlickDeals. It is not the official FreedomPop position, and more importantly, it is not the statement of the new owner, RedPocket. Red Pocket has said nothing yet. They might be obligated to continue existing plans for a short period of time, but I would be stunned if they continued the money-losing free plans. I think they are just buying the customer base and hoping to convert as many as possible to Red Pocket plans, since once the free plans go away, Red Pocket is one of the cheapest PAID options, and they'll be sure to let all FreedomPop customers know this.

I think we need to wait and see, but I would NOT expect the "free programs" to survive, nor would I expect Red Pocket to offer any significantly cheaper options than what they have now. Most importantly, I wouldn't count on anything "FreedomPop" says at this point.
    Ting has already said the free plans will disappear for Sprint-side FP customers, and as far as I know, Red Pocket has said NOTHING about what will happen to ATT-side FP customers. In fact, I don't think Red Pocket has said anything at all about any of this, not even that they bought FP.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So can I buy the FreedomPop - 12-Month Prepaid Plan LTE 3-in-1 SIM UTnT 1GB Card Kit for $39.99. And wait to activate it (how long 1yr, 3mo?) then use my original RP phone number (internal port?)?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So can I buy the FreedomPop - 12-Month Prepaid Plan LTE 3-in-1 SIM UTnT 1GB Card Kit for $39.99. And wait to activate it (how long 1yr, 3mo?) then use my original RP phone number (internal port?)?
    Buy at your own risk. All this is speculation. As far as I know, Red Pocket has not announced anything yet. They may be obligated to support FP plans for a while, but who knows for how long, or what will happen after that. What will happen is still unknown.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dudest View Post
    Before everyone gets their hopes up, I just want to point out that this quote is coming from the "FreedomPop rep" posting on SlickDeals. It is not the official FreedomPop position, and more importantly, it is not the statement of the new owner, RedPocket. Red Pocket has said nothing yet. They might be obligated to continue existing plans for a short period of time, but I would be stunned if they continued the money-losing free plans. I think they are just buying the customer base and hoping to convert as many as possible to Red Pocket plans, since once the free plans go away, Red Pocket is one of the cheapest PAID options, and they'll be sure to let all FreedomPop customers know this.

I think we need to wait and see, but I would NOT expect the "free programs" to survive, nor would I expect Red Pocket to offer any significantly cheaper options than what they have now. Most importantly, I wouldn't count on anything "FreedomPop" says at this point.
    Ting has already said the free plans will disappear for Sprint-side FP customers, and as far as I know, Red Pocket has said NOTHING about what will happen to ATT-side FP customers. In fact, I don't think Red Pocket has said anything at all about any of this, not even that they bought FP.
    He/she is an official representative for FP, which is part of Red Pocket. I believe the statement would have been officially approved. Employees do not volunteer their personal opinions in such circumstances.

That's my opinion, you can of course have yours.

But I agree that there is no guarantee that the free plans will continue indefinitely. I think the person just meant that they are unchanged at this time and up and running and continuing as is under the new owner.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-12-2019 at 06:37 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My guess would be the free plans will probably be given a short grace period and offers for Red Pocket plans. Those with existing FP paid services would be allowed to continue through expiration and they will have to migrate to a Eed Pocket plan to extend expiration or change to a better plan. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to keep the Freedom Pop name. It’s not synonymous with anything golden or amazing. Red pocket at least doesn’t have a negative track record so it makes more sense to bolster that brand.

We won’t have confirmation until the deal is done and signed in triplicate.

—Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    My guess would be the free plans will probably be given a short grace period and offers for Red Pocket plans. Those with existing FP paid services would be allowed to continue through expiration and they will have to migrate to a Eed Pocket plan to extend expiration or change to a better plan. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to keep the Freedom Pop name. It’s not synonymous with anything golden or amazing. Red pocket at least doesn’t have a negative track record so it makes more sense to bolster that brand.

We won’t have confirmation until the deal is done and signed in triplicate.

—Kidd
    I agree that what you say is possible but the sale itself is complete according to
    https://www.prweb.com/releases/freed...eb16364708.htm

But probably you mean in a broader context that includes the aftermath of the legal sale.
    Last edited by comintel; 06-12-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Jelly Pro
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, FreedomPop, AT&T, Tracfone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No doubt Red Pocket is going to be much better than FreedomPop. But does anyone remember what they did to the GSMT data SIMs 4 years ago. They have a history of turning service off without warning.

It would be dumb for Red Pocket to buy the customer base and name of FreedomPop without honoring existing service. Just pointing out that it is not beneath them, either.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hello Everyone!

Red Pocket is excited to maintain the best of FreedomPop and mix in some added wonderfulness, including live customer service, native carrier voice, and soon service on all of the country’s major networks!

We also want to ensure that going forward, FreedomPop customers have more control and transparency when it comes to their billing. We want you to love FreedomPop as your wireless provider more than ever, and to us that means only good surprises when you get your bill.

Please stay tuned as we roll out many improvements in the coming weeks. At this time, we’re planning no major plan changes, and we remain committed to FreedomPop’s legacy - including a free tier that allows you to try our service and hopefully make you want even more of it!

In the meantime, we welcome you to get to know us! Please visit us at RedPocket.com, check out our current plans, and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for how to make this the best wireless service ever. We want to hear from you!

- your friends at Red Pocket Mobile

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ksommerf View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Red Pocket is excited to maintain the best of FreedomPop and mix in some added wonderfulness, including live customer service, native carrier voice, and soon service on all of the country’s major networks!

We also want to ensure that going forward, FreedomPop customers have more control and transparency when it comes to their billing. We want you to love FreedomPop as your wireless provider more than ever, and to us that means only good surprises when you get your bill.

Please stay tuned as we roll out many improvements in the coming weeks. At this time, we’re planning no major plan changes, and we remain committed to FreedomPop’s legacy - including a free tier that allows you to try our service and hopefully make you want even more of it!

In the meantime, we welcome you to get to know us! Please visit us at RedPocket.com, check out our current plans, and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for how to make this the best wireless service ever. We want to hear from you!

I have used RP in the past, and I have used FP since 2016, and still use it. I had a problem when I used RP that was probably caused by my phone at the time, but RP took care of me. I've never had a problem with FP, and I hope it stays that way! Thanks for posting!

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ksommerf View Post
    Hello Everyone!

Red Pocket has a very good reputation here, and on some other sites I frequent. I would definitely hate for that reputation to be tainted by some of FreedomPop's legacy business practices. So, if you want to earn the goodwill of your newly acquired customers, I'd suggest implementing a few changes ASAP:

1) Enlarge the font on the FreedomPop website for the various lower cost/free options and stop the silly pop-up marketing gimmicks that make it too hard for customers to make informed choices. These are two prime examples of where FreedomPop has been less than transparent in their marketing. Making it simpler, clearer and more direct in other ways would also be good to implement.

2) Eliminate the $2.99 fee that FreedomPop layered on to customers with any paid services without their consent or any advance notice. This started late-2018, and was an insult to those of us who were actually paying for some add-on by choice (since they didn't charge it to anyone who doesn't have a paid feature). My $1.99 rollover that I voluntarily signed up for should not cost me $4.98. FreedomPop previously (and falsely) portrayed it in a manner that is inconsistent with how the charge is applied to various accounts (i.e., their explanation would seem to suggest it should apply to all accounts, but they only apply to accounts with any paid service).

3) Eliminate the silly $0.01 "account maintenance" charges. I already pay something on these accounts every month, so what the heck is the purpose of another $0.01 charge a few days from the billing date? I get it's only a penny, but it's irritating to say the least.

Once you've address the bigger negative issues, then by all means, bring on some new things. But IMHO, there's some house cleaning that should clearly be done first...
    Last edited by high technology; 06-13-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is good news.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast