Thread: Roaming in Canada

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Roaming in Canada

Currently I’m on the unlimited 5 lines for $100. I’m going to Canada is there a way to get add on or would have to switch to the new unlimited plan to get roaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    i believe you already have roaming in Canada - https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, LG G3, Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Project Fi, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, the 3mbps unlimited plans include Canada roaming already.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sorry I'm on the old 5 lines for $100 witch only comes with 5gb data for each line.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy View Post
    Sorry I'm on the old 5 lines for $100 witch only comes with 5gb data for each line.
    As far as I know there is no way. Any change you make to your account will end your 5/$100 deal.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So a friend of mine was on AT&T in Canada and he didn't think to get manual network selection enabled on his iPhone (so no Settings > Carrier menu) and his phone seems to be latching onto Bell. As I'm planning a trip to Toronto eventually, I was wondering if Cricket can enable manual network selection for iPhones. Chat didn't seem to understand what I was asking (just yes that I can use my phone in Canada and that it will "use AT&T towers"), so I'm just curious if anyone has been able to ask the right things for this feature.

If not, does anyone know who Cricket tends to typically roam on in Toronto?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    So a friend of mine was on AT&T in Canada and he didn't think to get manual network selection enabled on his iPhone (so no Settings > Carrier menu) and his phone seems to be latching onto Bell. As I'm planning a trip to Toronto eventually, I was wondering if Cricket can enable manual network selection for iPhones. Chat didn't seem to understand what I was asking (just yes that I can use my phone in Canada and that it will "use AT&T towers"), so I'm just curious if anyone has been able to ask the right things for this feature. If not, does anyone know who Cricket tends to typically roam on in Toronto?
    see here - https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...nd-canada.html

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-150, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Thanks, but that had been my starting point. As certain devices (iPhones, some Android devices) don't allow manual network selection m when roaming, you're kind of on the whim of what roaming options seem to be preferred.

From most of the threads, AT&T has seemed to prefer Rogers (although a friend couldn't seem to keep his phone from jumping to Bell) in Canada. Cricket says they roam on all three, but many threads say that Cricket tends to stick to Rogers, too.

Years ago when I had AT&T postpaid, you could call up and ask for manual network selection for those circumstances (it's a "feature" on your account that enables Settings > Carrier on iPhones). I guess AT&T Prepaid supports it in their own way (phone call to a particular area), but Cricket doesn't seem to offer it or even understand the concept.

I'm not upset since it sounds like most work well, no matter who you land on (Rogers/Bell/Telus), but I thought I'd see if anyone was able to gain the ability to pick.