Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is Google Carrier Services App ?

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Google Messages just updated, and the Chat features menu updated to the menu that I had when I had the dogfood version.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Google Messages just updated, and the Chat features menu updated to the menu that I had when I had the dogfood version.
    Well, partially there after the new app update! HELP says to hit RETRY if the STATUS does not verify the phone number, but it's not there.

Name:  Screenshot_20190610-163344.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  30.1 KB
    Last edited by loboheeler; 06-10-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Well, partially there after the new app update! HELP says to hit RETRY if the STATUS does not verify the phone number, but it's not there.
    I think you don't have RCS then. Like I said before, only Total Wireless and Straight Talk are the only ones with RCS from what I understand.

By the way, I have been reading up on RCS mainly here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Universalprofile

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think you don't have RCS then. Like I said before, only Total Wireless and Straight Talk are the only ones with RCS from what I understand.
    Agree that Tracfone does not seem to have RCS yet, even though the Google Messages app now shows the settings.

Why do you keep mentioning RCS if only Total Wireless and Straight Talk have it now? Those services are not much mentioned in this Tracfone forum, and there are other places to discuss this. I don't care much about anything but what Tracfone has.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Why do you keep mentioning RCS if only Total Wireless and Straight Talk have it now? Those services are not much mentioned in this Tracfone forum, and there are other places to discuss this. I don't care much about anything but what Tracfone has.
    I keep on mentioning it since Total Wireless and Straight Talk are another branch of Tracfone company, and I am just trying to see if someone is going to get it by accident. If they have it, I would like to know what phone since there is a few phones that might fall within the exemption place.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I keep on mentioning it since Total Wireless and Straight Talk are another branch of Tracfone company, and I am just trying to see if someone is going to get it by accident. If they have it, I would like to know what phone since there is a few phones that might fall within the exemption place.
    Information is good, like that the Google Messages app had been updated. You just need to be careful to inform that your results with RCS have been on Straight Talk, and not on Tracfone.

What phones RCS will work on is an open subject so far. The Google Messages app will load on just about any phone, but that in no way determines if it enables RCS. You might query this on the Straight Talk forum on HoFo.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Information is good, like that the Google Messages app had been updated. You just need to be careful to inform that your results with RCS have been on Straight Talk, and not on Tracfone.

What phones RCS will work on is an open subject so far. The Google Messages app will load on just about any phone, but that in no way determines if it enables RCS. You might query this on the Straight Talk forum on HoFo.
    I remember reading that the Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, and Android Q might have RCS no matter what the carrier is. I can't find the posting that said this right now.

I know Google was talking about putting the API for RCS in Android Q too, but later on they said Android Q is not going to have the API right now too. They said the carriers are not updating to RCS fast enough to have the API in place right now, but things could change since Android Q is still in beta tho.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Why do you keep mentioning RCS if only Total Wireless and Straight Talk have it now?
    Because this thread asked about Google's Carrier Services app which was said to be related to RCS.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Because this thread asked about Google's Carrier Services app which was said to be related to RCS.
    Yea, I think Google's Carrier Service does more then just RCS too, but it depends on your carrier and your phone tho.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    FWIW, carrier services update Tuesday.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yea, I think Google's Carrier Service does more then just RCS too, but it depends on your carrier and your phone tho.
    There is not a lot of information from Google. The comments on the Play Store about that are funny.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There is not a lot of information from Google. The comments on the Play Store about that are funny.
    Yea, I have read some of the reviews/comments before, and I was like WTF with lots of them.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Useless to read the stuff on Play Store about low level stuff most don't understand.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Since we are talking about RCS here, I just read some info that might be a good thing for people without RCS, and the carrier is not enabling it yet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2