Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Dual SIM Smartphones Suitable For AT&T And Verizon MVNOs

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Did you also consider the UMIDIGI A5 PRO when you got your A3? If yes, what made you decide to go with the A3? Thanks!
    https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi..._overview.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...ts_146690507.0
    Not really as it didn't seem to be available on Amazon and I figured that if I ordered it through Amazon I'd have a decent chance of getting my money back with minimal hassle should the thing turn out to be complete crap.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How are you liking the A3 thus far. Has the cpu/memory been adequate?

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    RedPocket, TruPhone, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShredFred View Post
    How are you liking the A3 thus far. Has the cpu/memory been adequate?

For the money you spend it's a great little phone. I don't do anything CPU intensive on my phone and the Android system seems to manage memory well enough when running multiple apps. After making some pretty basic power saving tweaks to the factory default settings I'm getting a full days power off a single charge so I'm quite content.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update!

FYI, the F1 Play is on sale at Amazon.com for $186.

UMIDIGI F1 Play with 6GB+64GB Memory Android 9.0 48MP+8MP+16MP Cameras 5150mAh 6.3" FHD+ Global Version Smartphone Dual 4G LTE Cell Phone(Unlocked) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q55V974..._puohDb0XT331K

Compared to the regular F1 at $179 after coupon, you get an upgraded camera spec wise and 6gb of ram.

Sent from my F1 Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    It is night and day difference between the Jelly Pro and the Atom. The Jelly Pro was just too slow and 2GB or RAM is just not enough even for my minimal number of apps. I gave the Jelly Pro away!

Dual SIM 4G is nice of course on the Atom.
    Bands: L 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 12 13 17 18 19 20 25 26 28 34 38 39 40 41 W 1 2 4 5 8 BC 0 1
    So missing bands 14, 29, 30, 46, 66 and 71 (can't win em all)!!!
    I know this is a dormant thread. But I sold my Jelly and bought a Unihertz Atom. Rooted it with Magisk and installed Xposed. So feel free to AMA.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    just an FYI, Umidigi dual sim phones are on sale on Amazon the next 2 days for their prime day sales. occasionally one pops up as a lightning deal.

i have been testing an F1 and F1 Play and the best feature has been extremely good battery life with the 5150 mah battery. its still early and i expect they will degrade eventually but i am getting 2-3 days between charges. lesser sized batteries may not give similar results. Also CPU, FingerPrint Scanner and Camera have been good to adequate. I don't have a problem with low ear piece volume as reported by some. could be hit or miss or ymmv.

the dual sim simultaneous Verizon/AT&T has basically worked although in this config, my phone is dedicated to LTE only on Verizon so in places where I should get only 3g cdma or evdo, i don't get any service. should be an issue that affects everyone when cdma goes away end of this year. Sure hope Verizon blankets the US with LTE! I believe the voice is HD/VoLTE as I get the icon and I can access data while in a call.

but as you get what you pay for, its missing extended bands 66,71 for T-Mobile and 29/30 for AT&T so dont bother if that's a show stopper.

that being said, i did retun the f1 for a replacement. a weird os bug cleared my credential storage after failing on entering the password to access it after bootup. since then, the settings app force closes whenever i try to enter my pin to access those menu items like perform factory reset. so installing certificates or vpn entries is problematic as this encrypted password dialog comes up after every reboot.
    Last edited by ShredFred; 07-15-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Feedback Score
    Found this thread while doing a similar search of my own, wanted to post what I found.

There are three dual SIM, dual VoLTE phones that are currently certified for Verizon: Nokia 7.1, OnePlus 6T, and OnePlus 7 Pro. Since Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network as of 2021, dual VoLTE is required if you want to use Verizon SIM cards in both slots. All three of these phones are considered CDMA-less (even though both OnePlus devices have CDMA support) so they are unable to use CDMA for voice anyway.

It was much harder than it should be to get a list of dual VoLTE capable devices. I found 91Mobile's phone finder after the fact, but it might come in handy for someone (can't post link, google it). Under Network Technology in the sidebar select Dual VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It's still a little quirky but my Umidigi phones have been working fine on Verizon. They are probably not certified so sim swapping an active sim is probably necessary.

The key has been to make sure the APN is set correctly. On my Page Plus sim, the default on the sim card that it default to doesn't work. So have to add it manually.

On Red pocket, for some reason it does seem to default to a correct working setting.

Feedback Score
    I'm running both AT&T and XFinity Mobile (Verizon MVNO) on my Galaxy S8 G950FD (dual sim).

Phone is international version, GSM/LTE only

Xfinity works only in LTE mode, but seems to work fine.

I activated Xfinity sim on an Apple iPhone 6s and then moved to S8.

Quality flagship phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trevtech View Post
    Found this thread while doing a similar search of my own, wanted to post what I found.

There are three dual SIM, dual VoLTE phones that are currently certified for Verizon: Nokia 7.1, OnePlus 6T, and OnePlus 7 Pro. Since Verizon is shutting down their CDMA network as of 2021, dual VoLTE is required if you want to use Verizon SIM cards in both slots. All three of these phones are considered CDMA-less (even though both OnePlus devices have CDMA support) so they are unable to use CDMA for voice anyway.

It was much harder than it should be to get a list of dual VoLTE capable devices. I found 91Mobile's phone finder after the fact, but it might come in handy for someone (can't post link, google it). Under Network Technology in the sidebar select Dual VoLTE.
    Nokia 7.2 is coming out and is a beautiful looking phone as is the upcoming Nokia 9 replacement. Verizon and Nokia are getting friendly so hopefully the new Nokia’s will work with Verizon after they come out and Nokia applies for certification. As CDMA dies off and as Android 10 is released, hopefully more dual sim phones will work.

No reason to have CDMA on a phone anymore, just the needed Verizon LTE bands and dual sim with dual VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks so much for the info. Based on your test results, it really does seem like the UMIDIGI A3 is capable of Vzw VoLTE if you have an already activated Vzw SIM card. That's pretty amazing. It's too bad it doesn't have LTE bands 66 and 71 for better T-Mobile support.

I have pretty much given up on getting a "good" camera on a phone at the price I'm willing to pay, so as long as it works consistently, I guess I'll have to be willing to accept it.
    the upcoming Umidigi X (6.3" AMOLED but 720p only) releasing Sept 2019 around $200, has band 66/71 (but no 14/29/30/46 unfortunately)
    Lost band 25, so no Sprint (or if T merger with Sprint)

https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi...ification.html

the rumored Umidig F2 will likely have 66/71 too, rumored Oct 2019. supposed to have 4th micro lens, can probably work consistently but not great

Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    That said, the only true way (other than official mention by Verizon) to determine if Verizon VoLTE is available is for the device to strictly be on LTE only. That won’t be possible until the end of the year.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...e-base-218813/
    technically end of next year now, they updated plans in August 2019 (CDMA network available as-is until Dec 2020)

Feedback Score
    >technically end of next year now, they updated plans in August 2019

From your link,

Starting 12/31/2019 - No Longer Allowed - Swapping 3G/4G non-HD Voice CDMA device for another 3G/4G non-HD Voice CDMA device

SIM swapping (to a non-certified phone) is dead by end of this year. We'll see how the mentioned Chinese phones fare.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just a FYI on umdigi phones, they are receiving wireless updates for security patches. Currently, the F1 and F1 play are at May 2019 level. That's up from January 2019 from when I first unboxed them in June. I know security updates are a big issue with some people around here.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Dual SIM Smartphones Suitable For AT&T And Verizon MVNOs Preview

Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    ...SIM swapping (to a non-certified phone) is dead by end of this year. We'll see how the mentioned Chinese phones fare.
    So, a few of us on another forum were talking about the country of origin/manufacture of various smartphones. Aren't a lot of smartphones assembled in China now?

I have been looking at a UleFone Armor 3WT. It appears to be made in China. Would I be able to install and use both a AT&T and Verizon SIM card in it? Is there a move underway to lock-out "non-certified" phones? If so, who is doing this and how do I determine what is (or isn't) a "certified phone"?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Its probably not certified but if it has the bands, it may work. We won't know unless a pioneer not afraid of arrows steps up and tries it out.

I'll let everyone know if my umidigi phones stop working Verizon when it happens. If it dies, I won't regret it. I'll just move to an AT&T mvno if I need to keep the phone.

Don't let F.U.D stop you from trying!

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast