Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moto g7 Power vs Blade Zmax vs Stylo 5

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I just recently switched to Metro aka T-Mobile. Not sure how I like their service yet. I had Cricket for years. But my last Moto Cricket had installed their own WiFi manager and it kept turning off my WiFi and sucking up all my data. So I decided to switch to Metro. I bought a Motorola phone as that's what like and it was free. I choose the Moto G Power 7 and I like it so far. It works alot better than the Moto G Supra I have from Cricket. It was a choice between the Samsung A20 and this Moto. I'm glad I chose the Moto.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I just recently switched to Metro aka T-Mobile. Not sure how I like their service yet. I had Cricket for years. But my last Moto Cricket had installed their own WiFi manager and it kept turning off my WiFi and sucking up all my data. So I decided to switch to Metro. I bought a Motorola phone as that's what like and it was free. I choose the Moto G Power 7 and I like it so far. It works alot better than the Moto G Supra I have from Cricket. It was a choice between the Samsung A20 and this Moto. I'm glad I chose the Moto.
    The g7 supra and g7 power are the exact same phones.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3RNHB4D

Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I meant to say Moto E Supra. I bought it a year or two ago. I can not remember when.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane197 View Post
    I had both the A20 and G7 Power; the G7 Power is the keeper.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bakedapple View Post
    I had both the A20 and G7 Power; the G7 Power is the keeper.
    I've also got the g7 power, but no experience with a20. What was the issue with it?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    I've also got the g7 power, but no experience with a20. What was the issue with it?
    The A20 is a nice phone, but the G7 Power just feels better to me. Plus the G7’s battery life is simply phenomenal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    The A20 is a nice phone, but the G7 Power just feels better to me. Plus the G7’s battery life is simply phenomenal.

Yeah, I have to agree, as mentioned, I've bought several, and the battery life of my favorite feature, and the rest ain't bad either.

I'd still like to hear comments about the a20 as the screen supposedly is superior, but the your battery is down, the screen will be black.

In the months I've used the g7's and I'm a relatively heavy user, I've never totally ran any of them all the way to turning off. And, actually when I see a 20% charge, I don't worry too much, ie, 20% of 5000 is still 1000 m/a of power remaining.
    Last edited by plane; 10-26-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I have to agree, as mentioned, I've bought several, and the battery life of my favorite feature, and the rest ain't bad either.

I'd still like to hear comments about the a29, as the screen supposedly is superior, but the your battery is down, the screen will be black.

In the months I've used the g7's and I'm a relatively heavy user, I've never totally ran any of them all the way to turning off. And, actually when I see a 20% charge, I don't worry too much, ie, 20% of 5000 is still 1000 m/a of power remaining.
    The A20 has a better camera. It’s a fine phone. But the G7 Power, with that battery? Wins every time for me.

Here’s a head to head comparison video: https://youtu.be/RyoUTdhuduo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    The A20 has a better camera. It’s a fine phone. But the G7 Power, with that battery? Wins every time for me.

Not that it makes all the difference in the world, but with a larger capacity battery, the fact that one doesn't need to charge the battery so much or so many times, will in the long run increase battery life as well as delay decrease in the capacity of the battery,ie, unless really needed, I seldom charge my battery beyond 70-80%.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Not that it makes all the difference in the world, but with a larger capacity battery, the fact that one doesn't need to charge the battery so much or so many times, will in the long run increase battery life as well as delay decrease in the capacity of the battery,ie, unless really needed, I seldom charge my battery beyond 70-80% with the larger charge capacity. I've had to use a Moto phone with a smaller battery, and have to top off the charge at least a couple of times or day.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not that it makes all the difference in the world, but with a larger capacity battery, the fact that one doesn't need to charge the battery so much or so many times, will in the long run increase battery life as well as delay decrease in the capacity of the battery,ie, unless really needed, I seldom charge my battery beyond 70-80% with the larger charge capacity. I've had to use a Moto phone with a smaller battery, and have to top off the charge at least a couple of times or day.
    Yup!

And the peace of mind of knowing that you don’t have to play “the charger game” is great.

Feedback Score
    The only weakness I've found with the G7 Power is the antenna. Both my Huawei Mate SE and Blade Zmax get better reception then the Moto G7 Power. I've tested all 3 of them with my At&t sim at my fathers nursing home and my cabin which are extreme fringe areas. I can't even make a call from my Dad's place with the Power but the other two will pull a good enough signal. That said, I still usually carry the G7 Power because of that big beautiful battery.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    The only weakness I've found with the G7 Power is the antenna. Both my Huawei Mate SE and Blade Zmax get better reception then the Moto G7 Power. I've tested all 3 of them with my At&t sim at my fathers nursing home and my cabin which are extreme fringe areas. I can't even make a call from my Dad's place with the Power but the other two will pull a good enough signal. That said, I still usually carry the G7 Power because of that big beautiful battery.
    Thanks for your reply, as you've indirectly answered a question which I've asked in the cricket forum here and in Reddit. I've got both metro and cricket service, with antennas co located in the same tower only about a half mile from my home.

Until last June I had great signal with both carriers at my home, which would be expected. For whatever reason, my cricket signal has deteriorated, probably a segment issue, my guess.

My Moto g7's(I have several) working only intermittently here now with cricket, but a Cheaper Moto e5 cruise, still works just fine. Similar to what you mentioned, a couple of zte also work, while Stylo 4 it also useless. All do ok other places.

I've always had great metro coverage here, but with coverage issues elsewhere, where I can happyly use the g7 with their great batteries.

My Google searches have also ranked at least some moto g7's with less than pristine radios.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2