Feedback Score

Moto g7 Power vs Blade Zmax vs Stylo 5

Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    Moto G7 power

Blade Zmax

Stylo 5

Which would you choose and why?

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    None of the above. Save up and get a better phone... Pixel 3a?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post

I might look at the Pixel 3a XL. I'm not interested in anything with less than a 6" screen.

The Moto G7 power has a 5000mah battery which is amazing. (much better than the Pixel). So that's a consideration. For an extra $200 or so I don't really know if the Pixel 3a line has that much more to offer than the phones I listed. What's so special about it? Let me guess, updates and camera software? I couldn't care less about updates.... but the pixel camera app is very nice. Anything else nice about it?

The STYLO 5 should be coming out this month, so it'll be interesting to see what it offers.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post

Moto phone all the way: excellent call/speaker quality, sharp screen at any angle, excellent camera, amazing battery. The downside to the Stylo's are crappy speakers and lower signal strength (compared to the Moto). ZTW, no way. Cheap build, crappy speaker, buggy, and way too much bloatware of which many apps cannot be removed. They are a company on a definite decline.

Feedback Score
    There is nothing official about the release of the Stylo 5. The Stylo 4 was a sub par phone. The whole Moto G7 line is solid. They are excellent.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I ended up buying an Umidigi F1 Play. Very, very happy with the phone so far.

6gb RAM, 64gb ROM (expandable with up to a 256gb miniSD). Full HD display, 5150mah battery, NFC, 48mp camera, etc.

Sent from my F1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    I ended up buying an Umidigi F1 Play. Very, very happy with the phone so far.

6gb RAM, 64gb ROM (expandable with up to a 256gb miniSD). Full HD display, 5150mah battery, NFC, 48mp camera, etc.

What the heck is a Umidigi? Shanghai special?

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    What the heck is a Umidigi? Shanghai special?
    https://youtu.be/J5-_fN-QjaM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Once mighty Motorola is little more than a name badge on Lenovo phones now. Lenovo fired US employees and relabelled Lenovo phones Motorola. Then there is fact Lenovo has repeatedly been caught installing spyware in their computers sold in key western countries.

ZTE remains junk.

LG actually honors their warranty and offers tech support unlike the Chinese brands above. LG uses quality components. The Stylo 5 has better cellular radios, better cameras ( especially low light image processing) and better sound quality.

Feedback Score
    I've got the G7 Power, Blade ZMax and a LG Stylo 4. I consider the Power the best one of the bunch by a good margin. Stylo is in the Junk drawer and the Blade pulls Mini-Tablet duty. If it wasn't for the enormous size, I'd have no problem using the Blade Z as my daily driver. The G7 Power just does everything well and the battery is crazy good. Really weird charging my phone every 3rd day but I've gotten used to it.

I've used Moto's warranty service 3 times and it's second to none. Two Moto G4 Plays and a Z2 Force were all replaced within 3 days of filing a claim. Was nice getting a new Z2 Force cuz the one I sent in was beat to hell.
    Last edited by Fishx65; 09-14-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Motorola had world class warranty service when it was an American company. Now that Lenovo owns Motorola tech support and warranty claims are terrible.

Look at recent Yelp reviews to see how Mototola (Lenovo) mistreats customers. Of course this is no surprise. Lenovo has a long track record of poor service.

A 5000 MaH battery is the only good feature of the G7 Power. I have owned a number of phones with 4000-4500 MaH batteries. A moderate user would be very fortunate to get two days.

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    But one has to factor in the very small price you paid initially for it. I've bought 5 g7's with no real issue. Thought one bought through cricket whose receiver i misjudged as failing(it wasn't,just poor cricket signal situation).

Also,for whatever it's worth, i follow the you tube phone reviews and haven't noticed any issues with motos or any other handset for that matter. Agree or disagree with these reviews, I've been really surprised by how very,very similar the general performance of every handset appears to be. Yes of course a note 10 or the latest i phone loads a second faster, have superior cameras(if i 1 want a great camera I'll buy a slr), and other minor advantages,but for an extra grand,they should.

Cricket did replace my misjudged unit very promptly. Not sure how metro handles this.

Battery life of course is related to usage. Imo,there its no doubt the g7's have a better battery life than a phones with smaller batteries, which makes me prefer to use g7's over. My stylos,which i really like for their pens.

On this Battery stuff,remember what at the time how great the zte z max battery life seemed with whatever bigger battery it had.. Well it was true,as it was with the stylos the g7's And I'm sure others with similarly bigger batteries. Makes then heavier however.
    Last edited by plane; 09-28-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Battery life is the most important feature in a phone to me. I don't mind the weight. With that said I would never own a Motorola now since Lenovo fired most US employees en masse without notice and took Mototola IP and equipment to China.

There are reasons Lenovo phones were never popular.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    One thing to consider is the bloat factor. Moto, aside from anything else, has an almost stock android on it so something with a lot of bloat but better cpu may not perform as well as a Moto. I have an LG G7 with a QC 845 in it and the Moto G7 Power is as smooth as that is with a QC 632 cpu in it.

Manufacturer insistence on trying to stand out by adding in their own features and undeletable apps should be a consideration when buying a phone. Those phones are more likely to be put on the - what I like to call upgrade scrapheap where it stops receiving security updates and may only receive 1 (if that) OS updates. When I bought the G7 I was immediately disappointed that I couldn't delete anything that LG put on the phone. I may start looking at only phones that have an unlocked bootloader for rooting in the future.

Nokia HMD is another manufacturer who puts a near stock android on their phones and keeps the updates/upgrades coming for a few years.

Lastly resale value on android phones is terrible. Because of their resale value the iphones are something to consider as once you enter their ecosphere it's possible to keep upgrading through trade ins or selling at a decent price and buying the next highest model. Not an endorsement of Apple here but something to consider.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMOCustomer View Post
    Battery life is the most important feature in a phone to me. I don't mind the weight. With that said I would never own a Motorola now since Lenovo fired most US employees en masse without notice and took Mototola IP and equipment to China.

There are reasons Lenovo phones were never popular.
    Really a lot of the blame on that goes to Google having bought Motorola, gutting it and basically selling the name to Lenovo for less than they bought it for.

But either way this is a legitimate concern that US residents should take into account at least partially.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast