Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Visible $40 a Month

Feedback Score

Visible $40 a Month

Anyone in this wireless service? Sorry if it is on the wrong thread but didn't find a Visible Wireless section.

I'm currently on ATT prepaid, paying $45 a month ( with autopay), is it worth switching to save the $5?

Currently offering $100 card for switching over to Visible.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I'm currently using Visible. No real complaints. Verizon coverage with a hard speed limit. I use it almost exclusively as a mobile hotspot.

I'd say it's worth the switch if you need Verizon coverage and are using a phone compatible with Visible. Their BYOD FAQ says the 3XL is compatible: https://www.visible.com/faq

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why buy visible when you can get prepaid at essentially the same price. Use eBay refills.. unlimited will cost around $40

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I’m on Visible right now and the coverage is decent. I’ve found that their deprioritization is very aggressive. I’m in the LA area and malls, dodger stadium, Costco are practically unusable for data. Even calls fail most of the time. Away from there, the coverage is ok. I actually had much better service with Cricket, but YMMV.
    Currently: iPhone 5 64GB (white)
    Former: HTC One (black), HTC One X+, iPhone 5 White 16GB, iPhone 4 (black) 32GB, myTouch 4G, myTouch 3G slide, iPhone 3GS Black 32GB, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Equinox, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Dash 3G, Sony Ericsson TM506, BlackBerry Storm (unlocked for TMO), Samsung Behold, T-Mobile G-1, Verizon XV6800, Verizon Samsung i760, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile Dash, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, Nextel i860, Nextel i730, Nextel i95cl.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have trouble trying to port from Verizon Prepaid to Visible. Can’t get past the zip code entry. One CSR said the system see the Verizon Prepaid number as inactive. I’ve tried four times to no avail. They are going to delete the account so I can activate from scratch but I’ve done this already. Is this one of those situations of trying to go from one MVNO to another that are under the same parent cell company? I don’t want to port out to another cell provider to be able to later port to Visible.
    Last edited by Peterfield; 05-31-2019 at 12:12 PM.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyUnlim View Post
    I'm currently using Visible. No real complaints. Verizon coverage with a hard speed limit. I use it almost exclusively as a mobile hotspot.

I'd say it's worth the switch if you need Verizon coverage and are using a phone compatible with Visible. Their BYOD FAQ says the 3XL is compatible: https://www.visible.com/faq
    What kind of speeds do you get on the hotspot? Is it the same speed as when using the phone directly (5 mpbs)?
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Isn't Visible still using the Verizon Network?
    If so why be limited to only 5Mb/s and also paying more?

With the discounted refill pins, unlimited prepaid cost me $39 each month when I had it.
    And my current plan, 8GB + 7GB for life, costs me $27 per month.
    Only I can get download speeds exceeding 200Mb/s.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
    Isn't Visible still using the Verizon Network?
    If so why be limited to only 5Mb/s and also paying more?

With the discounted refill pins, unlimited prepaid cost me $39 each month when I had it.
    And my current plan, 8GB + 7GB for life, costs me $27 per month.
    Only I can get download speeds exceeding 200Mb/s.
    The cheapest unlimited single plan offered on Verizon Prepaid is $65 + tax. And yes, if you go through an effort, you can save considerable from that $65+ if you buy PINs on eBay. But it isn't as easy as just signing up for Visible (with compatible phone) and scheduling autopay.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The cheapest unlimited single plan offered on Verizon Prepaid is $65 + tax. And yes, if you go through an effort, you can save considerable from that $65+ if you buy PINs on eBay. But it isn't as easy as just signing up for Visible (with compatible phone) and scheduling autopay.
    Log on to ebay, search Verizon pin, hit buy it now, quantity 4. Total time 1 minute.

Open eBay message, copy pin number. Paste into Verizon page x 4. Total time 2 minutes.

3 minutes of time every 3-4 months. Not really an "effort".

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Look through different offers. Hope you don't pick a fraudulent seller. These are all extra steps that many people won't be comfortable with going through. Not everyone is very computer literate.

There is a reason many people remain with postpaid plans. A local store you can go to for support if necessary.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    But it is easy. I just setup autopay with Verizon Prepaid to get the $5 off each month. Then I buy refill pins from Ebay at 40%+ off. I get the codes in a few minutes. And add them to my account. And each month I still get the auto pay discount, even though they pull the money from my balance. It's extremely easy and very little time involved.

Feedback Score
    But it is easy. I just setup autopay with Verizon Prepaid to get the $5 off each month. Then I buy refill pins from Ebay at 40%+ off. I get the codes in a few minutes. And add them to my account. And each month I still get the auto pay discount, even though they pull the money from my balance. It's extremely easy and very little time involved.

I'm going to go this route next.... Just came over to Visible for the $100 gift card lol

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I signed up for autopay with Verizon Prepaid and don't see that it will give me $5 off each month. I guess I'll have to see how much it takes from my balance.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    I signed up for autopay with Verizon Prepaid and don't see that it will give me $5 off each month. I guess I'll have to see how much it takes from my balance.
    Technically they give you a $5 credit each month and then they pull the full price of your plan from your balance.

I get a $5 credit, around 6PM, on the last day of the month. Then shortly after midnight, on the first day of the month, they pull the full price of the plan from my account.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Starting today, and for a limited time, we’re removing the 5 Mbps data speed cap for our current and new members at no added cost.

I'm trying to see if they have an LTE-only BYOD plan for this price (for my tablet). (ETA: they don't )
    Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T817T on AT&T
    Galaxy S7 on StraightTalk (AT&T)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast