Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Why is there no roaming on Sprint towers for Tmobile customers?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Why is there no roaming on Sprint towers for Tmobile customers?

There are some areas of the country where Sprint has better coverage, Hocking hills ohio is one of them. As I had absolutely no service for a majority of the the state park area my friends enjoyed at least 1 bar of coverage on their sprint service. Granted we all have the exact same phone I was quite pissed at this since tmo likes to boast about its coverage area. Why let sprint roam on ours and not at least get rural coverage from them. Makes no sense....

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S, OG Pixel XL, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon), T-Mobile, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Why is there no roaming on Sprint towers for Tmobile customers?

I think it was a gesture to show what better coverage Sprint customers would have with the merger.

Sprint still doesn’t have VoLTE everywhere, which is what is required to roam on related CDMA roaming partners as USCC and NexTech.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by markus3000 View Post
    There are some areas of the country where Sprint has better coverage, Hocking hills ohio is one of them. As I had absolutely no service for a majority of the the state park area my friends enjoyed at least 1 bar of coverage on their sprint service. Granted we all have the exact same phone I was quite pissed at this since tmo likes to boast about its coverage area. Why let sprint roam on ours and not at least get rural coverage from them. Makes no sense....
    No volte, and the roaming deal wasn’t structured this way .. sprint has to pay for its customers to roam on tmo network.. but once the merge is fully approved I could see reciprocal roaming happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Sprint is paying T-Mobile for roaming and T-Mobile isn’t paying Sprint for roaming. One good reason is only a small percentage of T- Mobile customers have phones that support Sprint’s Spectrum bands. Also I don’t think Sprint’s VoLTE is supported by T- Mobile customers phones plus Sprint’s voice calls are primarily still CDMA not GSM like T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S, OG Pixel XL, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon), T-Mobile, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by tyroned3222 View Post
    once the merge is fully approved I could see reciprocal roaming happening
    I wonder if one of them put into the merger agreement a means to get a reciprocal roaming agreement as a breakup clause. T-Mobile has done this before...
    Though evidence doesn’t look to be that way.

Obviously if the merger happens, the LTE network will likely be available for everyone as home while New T-Mobile sunsets the CDMA network.
    The “same as home” is what it is like for most USCC/NexTech roaming already.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No volte, and the roaming deal wasn’t structured this way .. sprint has to pay for its customers to roam on tmo network.. but once the merge is fully approved I could see reciprocal roaming happening

Once the merger is approved they'll start migrating Sprint users to T-Mobile.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Once the merger is approved they'll start migrating Sprint users to T-Mobile.

According to documents filed by tmo to the fcc .. sprint user will remains on the sprint network at least another 12 month while they network is integrated and once tmo feels enough capacity has been added

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    According to documents filed by tmo to the fcc .. sprint user will remains on the sprint network at least another 12 month while they network is integrated and once tmo feels enough capacity has been added

Right, it will take at least that long. But all new signups will be Tmo only during the phase out.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The last thing they would want is to increase traffic on a network they’re shutting down.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What would Tmo customers really gain? There's only a handful of spots in the midwest where Sprint might have network Tmo doesn't. Otherwise, it could literally be on now and you would never know.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    What would Tmo customers really gain? There's only a handful of spots in the midwest where Sprint might have network Tmo doesn't. Otherwise, it could literally be on now and you would never know.
    There are spots around here that Sprint covers but T-Mobile doesn't.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphling27 View Post
    It is a possibility they could leave the LTE on and just integrate I suppose... it would certainly add a capacity.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If the merger is approved T-Mobile will start moving people over from Sprint's network to T-Mobile with in weeks. They will not allow the few T-Mobile customers with compatible phones to roam on the Sprint network since The whole point after the merge is to get everyone off Sprint's network so they can shut it down as fast as they can. In Florida Metro PCS network was better right after the merger than T-Mobile's and they still didn't let anyone use the Metro PCS network.

T-Mobile has said it would take up to 3 years after the merger to move everyone over to T-Mobile. They will complete that move faster but they are counting on most people buying new phones before they get close to shutting down Sprint's network. The major time issue with moving over everyone to T-Mobile is all the Sprint MVNO Subs that are in the rural Competitive Carrier Association (CCA).

If the merger is not approved Sprint will still keep paying for T-Mobile Roaming just like US Cellular.
    Last edited by shilohcane; 05-21-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well the Metro merger was a bit different as there was no LTE. While T-Mo will shut down the Sprint CDMA network I’m not sure why they’d shut down the LTE only to turn it on again latter?

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    If the merger is approved T-Mobile will start moving people over from Sprint's network to T-Mobile with in weeks. They will not allow the few T-Mobile customers with compatible phones to roam on the Sprint network since The whole point after the merge is to get everyone off Sprint's network so they can shut it down as fast as they can. In Florida Metro PCS network was better right after the merger than T-Mobile's and they still didn't let anyone use the Metro PCS network.

T-Mobile has said it would take up to 3 years after the merger to move everyone over to T-Mobile. They will complete that move faster but they are counting on most people buying new phones before they get close to shutting down Sprint's network. The major time issue with moving over everyone to T-Mobile is all the Sprint MVNO Subs that are in the rural Competitive Carrier Association (CCA).

If the merger is not approved Sprint will still keep paying for
    Some of the filings with the FCC indicate they will continue to activate new devices on Sprint for up to 12 months after the merger is complete.

This won’t be a speedy integration like MetroPCS was. This will be more like the ATT Wireless / Cingular integration and we can only hope it will go smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast