Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ebay deals / Red Pocket deals

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Ebay deals / Red Pocket deals

Last year I got lucky and there was a 15% deal offered on ebay by RedPocket, and then I also got a 5% ebay coupon.

I want to be notified when there is either an ebay coupon or a RedPocket sale on ebay.

I tried slickdeals, but they sent me too much. I also tried ebay "promotions", but that also sent too much.

CamelCamelCamel works only on amazon, but it works perfectly.

For example, I want a way to know when the RedPocket $240 360-day GSMA 5 GB plan goes on sale. Is there a good way to get an email when it happens?

Device(s)
    Moto G7, Nexus 5X, Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Moto X4, Moto G6, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just created a bookmark and browse Slickdeals every few days and if there is a deal it usually shows up on their Front Page list.
    Pixel 2, Moto X4 & Moto G6 on Google Fi
    iPhone 6S on Verizon Prepaid

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have no inside knowledge, but it seems to me that the 20%, 15%, and even 10% off sitewide eBay coupons are no longer being issued like they were before, at least least for now.

The RP sale prices don't seem to be % off amounts, but just a lower price on their eBay prices from time-to-time.

One way some people get notifications of eBay coupons is by installing the eBay app, which does push notifications. The eBay app doesn't use too much data, but sometimes I don't get notifications before the sale starts, but always before it's over.

I don't know how to get notification when RP lowers their eBay prices on particular plans. I'd suggest visiting HoFo and SD daily to see when others have found and/or creating shortcuts on your phone/computer to the plans that you're interested in and checking once or twice daily.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just created a bookmark and browse Slickdeals every few days and if there is a deal it usually shows up on their Front Page list.

This seems to be the best idea for now. I think Boz is right, eBay coupons are rarer today.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can set deal alerts on SlickDeals for anything.

I have got several fantastic deals that way by leaving long-term deal alerts permanently in place for specific things I was looking for.

You can test particular phrases to see that they do not give false positives.

I am not interested in Red Pocket deals at the moment myself and do not know what the best exact watch phrase would be for this - you would have to experiment around, testing different possibilities such as "Red Pocket" etc against past deals.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you signed up for the RedPocket annual plan on eBay (or Amazon) and when the year is up the plan expires without the customer taking any action, what will happen? Can it be set in advance to auto-renew?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you signed up for the RedPocket annual plan on eBay (or Amazon) and when the year is up the plan expires without the customer taking any action, what will happen? Can it be set in advance to auto-renew?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    Service will just end, I believe.

I think most people buy another 360 day plan from eBay and apply the new code just before the original 360 days ends.

Maybe there's a new/better way to handle it, but that's how it was when I used RP.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you signed up for the RedPocket annual plan on eBay (or Amazon), when the year is up and the plan expires if the customer does not take any action, what will happen? Can it be set in advance to auto-renew?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It expires.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    If you signed up for the RedPocket annual plan on eBay (or Amazon), when the year is up and the plan expires if the customer does not take any action, what will happen? Can it be set in advance to auto-renew?
    I already answered above. Is there something else you need to know?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This link works well enough:

https://slickdeals.net/coupons/ebay/

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I recently renewed my yearly ebay plan by clicking on "Make a Payment" on my account dashboard about a week before expiration. The new plan kicked in automatically once the old one expired.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by motherload View Post
    I recently renewed my yearly ebay plan by clicking on "Make a Payment" on my account dashboard about a week before expiration. The new plan kicked in automatically once the old one expired.
    Nice!

Did RP charge the same amount using that method as the current eBay 360 day price for the RP plan you have?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Nice!

Did RP charge the same amount using that method as the current eBay 360 day price for the RP plan you have?
    Yes, the webpage showed my current plan at the price I received a year ago via ebay. Entered my CC info. Done. Very easy.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast