Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ebay deals / Red Pocket deals

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I have no inside knowledge, but it seems to me that the 20%, 15%, and even 10% off sitewide eBay coupons are no longer being issued like they were before, at least least for now.
    3 day 15% bucks promo earlier this month followed by 10% bucks. But they're definitely cutting back this year. I read an article awhile back that basically said they're focusing on profitability.

eBay promos usually get posted to Slickdeals around 9 or 10 AM Pacific time. Slickdeals isn't always the first to post it and once in awhile they don't post it at all

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HFUN View Post
    3 day 15% bucks promo earlier this month followed by 10% bucks. But they're definitely cutting back this year. I read an article awhile back that basically said they're focusing on profitability.

eBay promos usually get posted to Slickdeals around 9 or 10 AM Pacific time. Slickdeals isn't always the first to post it and once in awhile they don't post it at all
    That's true, but that was for 15% or 10% eBay Bucks, not a straight discount, so definitely different than the 20% and 15% off sitewide eBay coupons that were previously offered.

Feedback Score
    20% off has always been rare. I can only it happening a handful of times

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just got my Red Pocket SIM kit the other day, I did the $60 1yr 100/100/500MB plan and activated on Verizon. I have my main service on the eSIM on my iPhone XR and the Red Pocket SIM as the physical nano SIM. Super convenient to have both on one phone. As an added bonus, RP can also enable mobile hotspot if you have a compatible phone. I just had to chat with them and it's good! VoLTE + mobile hotspot.. definitely nice. RP customer service so far has been worlds better than TracFone which has been my backup forever.
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone XR
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 6s [AT&T] & iPhone 8 [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, s9+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    $10 off Flash Sale on the $60 yearly plan!
    --
    CellGuru

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! How did you find out about it? I have their app but I never get these sales.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crarbo1 View Post
    Thanks! How did you find out about it? I have their app but I never get these sales.
    On my watch list and two lines expire in the next few days. I probably check a few times a day LoL

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    $10 off Flash Sale on the $60 yearly plan!
    Thanks for the heads-up. I picked up two yesterday, the pin will be good for a year from the date of purchase.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I just purchased this the other day and I purchased the renewal but it still shows an item is being shipped to me and I haven't received an email with the PIN yet. I thought the last time I ordered this that I got an email with the PIN before I got the sim cards.

Is that normal? This is the first time I am renewing.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I got the same ship notice and tracking info so I am curious what is actually shipped as well. No PIN yet but that sometimes takes a few days (which means do not wait until the last minute to purchase).

Also note that you only have 90 days from order date to activate the PIN per the T&C in the listing:

Online Product Purchases bundled with a service plan must be activated within ninety (90) calendar days of the order date. Any Online Product Purchases that are not activated by customer within ninety (90) calendar days of the order date may be rendered inactive and the bundled service plan expired.

Feedback Score
    I received a single small sheet of paper. Apparently that is the instructional flyer mentioned in the listing. "Congratulations on renewing your Red Pocket Mobile plan!" No email with the PIN. I guess I will contact them via ebay, as the sheet instructs. Although the delivery date was listed as tomorrow, so perhaps I will give them another 24 hours.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I received the same sheet of paper this morning via USPS. I did however get an email with my activation code. Do I just use that activation code on their website where it says "PIN, Voucher, or Airtime Card"?
    Also, my plan doesn't actually end until the end of the month (6/29/19), can I add that code now or should I wait?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Seems like a waste for that one sheet of glossy paper. The activation code came in email within an hour after the shipment received notification. Must be part of their new process. It took four days to get the email PIN so do not wait until the last minute!

Yes that is where you enter the PIN. Make sure you are on the right line (if you have more than one line on the account - I have six).

From my understanding of hearing about various people renewing (here and on Reddit), it is best to wait until the day before the year expiration to refill. It does not stack.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    Seems like a waste for that one sheet of glossy paper. The activation code came in email within an hour after the shipment received notification. Must be part of their new process. It took four days to get the email PIN so do not wait until the last minute!

Yes that is where you enter the PIN. Make sure you are on the right line (if you have more than one line on the account - I have six).

From my understanding of hearing about various people renewing (here and on Reddit), it is best to wait until the day before the year expiration to refill. It does not stack.
    I agree it seems a waste. They could email that also! But I did receive the email with the code a few hours after receiving the mailed sheet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast