Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Feedback Score
    TF would have to keep track of what exact serial number card they sent to everybody. Plus, if there is an expiration date, it would need to be clearly stated somewhere in conjunction with your order.

So I think the expiration date is likely to be quite long, and I don't think they have much of a problem with aged cards anyway, to have to crack down.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    Airtime historically stated 1yr.

And TMO SIMs have a time limit but not sure what it is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    TF would have to keep track of what exact serial number card they sent to everybody. Plus, if there is an expiration date, it would need to be clearly stated somewhere in conjunction with your order.

So I think the expiration date is likely to be quite long, and I don't think they have much of a problem with aged cards anyway, to have to crack down.
    There are thousands of useless cards hanging on hooks in stores.
    When you buy one, it gets activated.
    I think it would be a trivial matter to set a deactivation time, like one year after activation.

But I have no idea if cards ever expire.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    I don't know about current time cards, but this used to be on the back of older cards.

Name:  Tracfone-card-expiration-period.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  42.0 KB

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Samsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I have a used 60 minute-90 day airtime card here. No specific expiration date is listed.

On the back of the card, it reads, “Purchase and use of this card is subject to the latest Terms and Conditions of Service at TracFone.com, which are subject to change without prior notice. c. 2018 TracFone Wireless, Inc. All rights reserved."

So, I guess one would have to hunt down the latest Terms and Conditions of Service policy on TracFone’s website to see if it provides a specific expiration date.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    So, I guess one would have to hunt down the latest Terms and Conditions of Service policy on TracFone’s website to see if it provides a specific expiration date.
    https://www.tracfone.com/termsandconditions

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know about current time cards, but this used to be on the back of older cards.

Name:  Tracfone-card-expiration-period.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  42.0 KB
    An artifact of history, hpham. Nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmantoo View Post
    There are thousands of useless cards hanging on hooks in stores.
    When you buy one, it gets activated.
    I think it would be a trivial matter to set a deactivation time, like one year after activation.

I believe some stores may receive the cards already activated. The cards are stored locked up, and the clerk gets one out for you. The same with some phones. This is because the store does not have the communication link to Tracfone. So it would be impossible to know how much time is left out of the one year.

The cards are probably good as long as they can be applied.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    You forgot to include the Airtime Pin Code....

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Getting back to the eBay $39.99 Tracfone cards for just a minute, I ordered one for my wife's phone (the offer without the drop down choice) and took advantage of an additional $5 off. Loaded on her phone with no problems. A few days later I saw a $5 coupon from "retailmenot" or one of those sites. Copied the code, went to eBay to add the card and eBay would not let me purchase it...didn't even get a chance to enter the code to see if it would work. The pop up said "you either purchased the card or the offer is no longer available" (or something like that but the offer is still available). I'm thinking I should have tried buying 2 cards instead of one. I sent an email regarding the issue to Tracfone from eBay's link but never heard from Tracfone.

I don't know if I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can order again or if it's limited to one card per customer. If I get to buy another in the near future I'll post it here.

Also, just for fun, I tried the 4 different promo codes for a 1 year 400 minute card when I loaded the card to my wife's phone and wasn't surprised when none of them worked, but hey, you never know until you try!
    Roadtrip

Feedback Score
    It's supposed to be limited to one card per person. The selection box will not allow a quantity of two.

I got things to work by checking out as a Guest both times. I used a different email the second time. Both delivery addresses were the same.

You could try checking out as a Guest and using a different email for your second card.

Then decline the offer to turn it into an eBay account.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Lisme, I'll give that a try!

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Worked like a charm Lisme. The order went through no problem. Thanks again!

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It may also be time limited. I bought one on a T-Mo sim in September one with a kit in October and another with a kit in November, all on the same account.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    It may also be time limited. I bought one on a T-Mo sim in September one with a kit in October and another with a kit in November, all on the same account.
    Yeah, I just heard from Tracfone regarding not being able to get another card (I went through the "contact seller" link). They said, and I quote, "We would like to inform you that TracFone Wireless only allows buyers to purchase two items every 10 days."

The strange thing about that is the attempted purchase that was refused would have been my second purchase in 10 days. Prior to that I hadn't purchased a card from Tracfone for months, so that statement didn't make much sense to me.

Anyway, I'm patiently waiting for my airtime card that was purchased using a different email address thanks to Lisme's suggestion....

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast