Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Feedback Score
    They didn't used to have Guest checkout. So now it is easy to circumvent the email that is associated with an account.

I'm pretty sure I got the idea from someone else on here. But I have noticed that other websites go by the email trick, too. Like to get free shipping on your first order, things like that. That's how I ended up with a pile of email accounts, but it's easy if you just add different numbers to the end of the main one. Shameless, I know.

Feedback Score
    Hello;

My wife has a Tracfone Ultimate 2 (on Verizon network), and I would like to get her the much talked-about service plan for $39.99 (Verizon version).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

I would install it on the U2 prior to transfering her service to a new Tracfone Samsung Crown J7 that I am going to purchase on Best Buy's Black Friday sale.
    This is to take advantage of the U2's TMFL feature.

Question: since the U2 does not have a sim slot, and several of the above posts state you may (or may not) get an airtime card, how would I load the new service plan on the U2?

As always, thank you all for your help.

Feedback Score
    You don't want that offer.

First, it isn't eligible for tripling. Second, you will get a preloaded SIM, which is inappropriate.

Go here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...0AAOSwp1Bc5a~n

This one will get you an actual card and a generic sim kit you can save for the future.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribby1 View Post
    My wife has a Tracfone Ultimate 2 (on Verizon network), and I would like to get her the much talked-about service plan for $39.99 (Verizon version).

I would install it on the U2 prior to transfering her service to a new Tracfone Samsung Crown J7 that I am going to purchase on Best Buy's Black Friday sale.
    This is to take advantage of the U2's TMFL feature.

Question: since the U2 does not have a sim slot, and several of the above posts state you may (or may not) get an airtime card, how would I load the new service plan on the U2?
    Although the U2 has TMFL, applying the $39.99 deal to it won't get anything tripled. So it's a moot point whether to apply the $39.99 deal before or after the transfer.

Since the U2 doesn't have a SIM card/slot, and you may or may not get a separate time card, it's best to do the transfer first because the J7 has a SIM slot.

Feedback Score
    That you for the input.

Just to clarify, I meant to state that the U2 does not use a sim card. It may, or may not, have a sim slot, I don't know because I've never had a reason to look for a slot.

You folks are great, and have kept myself (and others) out of hot water over the years.
    I've learned a lot from you, and appreciate your expertise.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't have a SIM slot and purchasing a preloaded SIM is counterproductive because you need an independent airtime card.

You can add the card to either the old phone or the new one once you get it set up.

Feedback Score
    Keep things as simple as possible.

There is no relevant hack you can take advantage of.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you want to unlock the Crown it is advisable to activate the SIM that comes with it and not make any changes for the required one year.
    There are two e-Bay listings for the 1200/1200/3000/365 days. Lisme gave you the link to the one you need to order from.

If the TF U2 (Verizon/CDMA) were LTE rather than 3G it would have a SIM. GSM 3G and LTE both use a SIM.
    And as others have stated, this airtime will not triple on any Tracfone.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I was just looking and at this time there is only one listing for this deal... the one that doesn`t allow you to choose the provider.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I was just looking and at this time there is only one listing for this deal... the one that doesn`t allow you to choose the provider.
    Tracfone specializes in confusion. The listings don't explain things properly. The CSRs must be going crazy.

Tracfone needs to get help with this or they will continue to have problems that are avoidable.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I see both auctions up as of right now, must've been temporary

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by praz108 View Post
    I see both auctions up as of right now, must've been temporary
    I see it now, they changed the picture. Once you click to view the ad, you can then scroll through three pictures... one being the old picture. And now they offer ONLY the three service providers... No more "I do not know".

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...i5Wos9ZO48aFfA

Feedback Score
    That ad is the screwy one. It seems to come with a 3 carrier Kit, but states "SIM card will be pre-loaded with the following service benefits" and "No physical plan service card will be present". How could they load the service on a SIM if no carrier is specified in the ordering?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...75.c100623.m-1

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    That ad is the screwy one.
    TF should fire whoever that prepared their ads. Almost every ad has something wrong.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    TF should fire whoever that prepared their ads. Almost every ad has something wrong.
    Fire him? He may be the one responsible for all the Glitches over the years.
    Does anyone remember a glitch that favored Tracfone?

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast