Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: New offer from Tracfone

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by northwave View Post
    The Apple iPhone 11 site says:

Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSim) so this should work.

Sill use drop down menu: "I am not sure" however to allow transfer of TF minutes / texts / data and port # first before using the 365 day / 3GB card?

Thanks loboheeler!
    Order the "I am not sure" as loboheeler instructed, so that the airtime comes as a separate airtime card (just as you would purchase at a local store). If you specify the service provider the airtime will instead come pre-loaded on a single tri-cut SIM. With "I am not sure" they also include a complete BYOP SIM kit for all three providers.
    Activate and load the airtime card exactly as loboheeler instructed.

Feedback Score
    Yes, in a nutshell, old pre-existing items have to be loaded first. Then you can top-up the buckets.

If you start with the top-up, it might get deleted in order to clear the way for the pre-existing items.

So the order is the important thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by northwave View Post
    The Apple iPhone 11 site says:

Dual SIM (nano-SIM and eSim) so this should work.
    Activation should go fine using a nano SIM. The eSIM is activated with a QR code provided by a major carrier. Apple went dual SIM starting with the X models.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I could use some advice...

I had a problem with an airtime card i purchase from "tracfonewireless" on eBay... when attempting to scratch off the film over the PIN, I managed to obliterate part of the PIN code, underneath. So, I the card is useless.

What are my options?
    I've messaged "tracfonewireless" but no response. Judging by the eBay feedback, this appears to be a general issue with contacting them via eBay methods.
    Should I try Tracfone phone support?

Any ideas are appreciated!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    You can try contacting regular TF support. I think they can use the card's serial number (the bar code below the scratch-off area) to determine its value and whether or not it had been redeemed.

Device(s)
    Huawei Mate SE, iPhone 6s+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket, Tracfone, Lyca, Truphone, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andrisd View Post
    I could use some advice...

I had a problem with an airtime card i purchase from "tracfonewireless" on eBay... Any ideas are appreciated!
    Request a return through eBay "item defective" and request a refund or replacement. My experience is that Ebay will side with the buyer 99% of the time regardless. Experienced sellers know this and will respond... if tracfone ignores you Ebay will give you refund. Good Luck.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, @hpham and @naranja...

They did respond to my 2nd eBay message and they are, in fact, asking for the serial number (and other info) -- with TF Customer Support as the avenue for further questions. The eBay refund route was going to be my plan "B" if I didn't get any further with tracfonewireless messaging.

Feedback Score
    I just noticed that the price has dropped to $40 for ATT or TMO, still $50 for VZW or unknown.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...SJBzfhGAVTRodQ

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sasailor View Post
    I just noticed that the price has dropped to $40 for ATT or TMO, still $50 for VZW or unknown.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...SJBzfhGAVTRodQ
    Note that the $40 price is for a T-Mobile or AT&T preloaded SIM card. You cannot get the airtime separate with the $40 price.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    T-mobile and AT&T won’t lock your ESN like Verizon will they? I have an unlocked Moto g6 I'm thinking of using this with.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Note that the $40 price is for a T-Mobile or AT&T preloaded SIM card. You cannot get the airtime separate with the $40 price.
    True. I just ordered one for my TMO line that needs service days, I don't anticipate any problems activating with a transfer.

I don't recall TF pricing airtime differently between carriers, I hope this doesn't have repercussions in future for inter-carrier transfers that have always been an attractive feature of TF.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arny56 View Post
    T-mobile and AT&T won’t lock your ESN like Verizon will they? I have an unlocked Moto g6 I'm thinking of using this with.
    A BYOP GSM SIM (AT&T or T-mo) doesn't get tied to an IMEI/ESN. You can swap the SIM into any compatible phone. If you current have TF service, and want to buy a pre-loaded AT&T or T-mo SIM in this deal, make sure to TRANSFER service from your current phone/SIM to the SIM in this deal when you activate it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    A BYOP GSM SIM (AT&T or T-mo) doesn't get tied to an IMEI/ESN. You can swap the SIM into any compatible phone. If you current have TF service, and want to buy a pre-loaded AT&T or T-mo SIM in this deal, make sure to TRANSFER service from your current phone/SIM to the SIM in this deal when you activate it.
    I don't recall anybody transferring airtime to one of these pre-loaded SIMs. It might risk wiping it out. I expect being able to port to it. That is the purpose of offering the deal in the first place. To get newcomers up and running with their old phone numbers. But the only new arrival would be to supply a phone number, not mashing two airtimes together.

With the phone bundles, the airtime is associated with the IMEI, the SIM is a different kind, and an airtime mashup is normal. Just doing some thoughts here.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I don't recall anybody transferring airtime to one of these pre-loaded SIMs. It might risk wiping it out. I expect being able to port to it. That is the purpose of offering the deal in the first place. To get newcomers up and running with their old phone numbers. But the only new arrival would be to supply a phone number, not mashing two airtimes together.

With the phone bundles, the airtime is associated with the IMEI, the SIM is a different kind, and an airtime mashup is normal. Just doing some thoughts here.
    I know TF's intention when offering this deal is to sign up new lines, but if they're offering the deal with a separate time card that can be applied to an existing phone, then why can't a pre-loaded SIM be activated with a transfer from an existing phone/SIM?

In a recent thread, one of the lady forum members mentioned that her sister had ordered a preloaded AT&T SIM and was going to transfer service from her current phone to it. I haven't heard of the outcome.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I don't recall anybody transferring airtime to one of these pre-loaded SIMs. It might risk wiping it out.
    This was posted yesterday on SlickDeals by duluthgeek "If you buy a pre-loaded ATT sim and already have a ATT BYOP sim in your phone, just create a Tracfone account if you don't have one and register the new sim. It will ask if you want a new number or use an existing number. Select existing, enter that phone number and your existing buckets will be added to the new sim. Then install that new sim. I have done this twice".

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast