Thread: Love MintMobile but Failed in Performance

Feedback Score

Love MintMobile but Failed in Performance

Signed up for the 3 month promotion and activated in the North San Diego area. What is a hard requirement for me is Wi-Fi calling.. Unfortunately the signal strength was way below the necessary operating standard for my daily travels. Yesterday for example I was in Qualcomm HQ and inside the building I could not get a signal. Also I'm on IOS 10.3.3 and as of yesterday Wi_Fi calling not available on IOS 10. Visual VM worked fine as did regular VM. Porting in and activation went very smooth. At this point I'm going to pay the $20.00 to port into GV, and use Hangouts for the WIFI end.

Feedback Score
    You're running an OS released almost 2 years ago and complaining about lack of features?

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Some people still use legacy applications that require iOS 10. I have had no problems using Wi-Fi calling on iOS 10 devices on any carrier that supports it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Some people still use legacy applications that require iOS 10.
    Then those people need to get rid of those applications.

If you absolutely need to use an application that hasn't been updated to use the lastest version of iOS or Android six months after its release then you have a much larger problem then the smartphone or cellular service you use.

I am not currently using Mint Mobile, but when I did it worked great. I didn't have any problems with reception or WiFi calling.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, Huawei Mate 20 Pro
    Feedback Score
    I could be the problem of your iOS version. Mint Mobile works just ok on the latest devices.
    Check online reviews before buying your new gadget: https://www.pissedconsumer.com/categ...t-gadgets.html

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post
    Then those people need to get rid of those applications.

If you absolutely need to use an application that hasn't been updated to use the lastest version of iOS or Android six months after its release then you have a much larger problem then the smartphone or cellular service you use.

I am not currently using Mint Mobile, but when I did it worked great. I didn't have any problems with reception or WiFi calling.
    That's so true, and with how mobile applications are now, what's the excuse with this? I get companies who made some janky program that only works in Internet Explorer 4 back from 1992 and they're too cheap to modernize, but phone applications are pretty easy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    You're running an OS released almost 2 years ago and complaining about lack of features?
    Facts vs complaints. Totally different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    No kidding. Mint here in N. California has been excellent for me and 2 of my reps. I sim swap between my Nexus 6P and iPhone 7 and alway have excellent signal strength.

Feedback Score
    Switched my Mint sim card to 6s on ios 12.0.1. Got WI-FI calling, no change on signal strength. It appears the T-Mobile map confirms the area I travel (shaded light pink almost white) has very little signal strength. San Marcos/ Escondido/ Elfin Forest Rd to Harmony Grove Rd. Same problem today inside bldgs with wifi turned off, no signal. I do highly recommend Mint to anyone who gets a good signal.