Thread: Voice mail purgatory

Device(s)
    Samsung Rugby II
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Voice mail purgatory

After years of ignoring me, suddenly PM's voice mail is popping up every time I miss a phone call. It blinks and tells me that it is waiting for me to set up voice mail and that is would like to help. The trouble is that I don't have voice mail because I don't WANT voice mail. I have been getting the VM message for a couple of days now without missing any calls at all, as near as I can tell. I suspect that the critters in the tech department have "added a feature" in order for them to appear to be doing something, but there may be another reason.
    Anyone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by razorboy View Post
    After years of ignoring me, suddenly PM's voice mail is popping up every time I miss a phone call. It blinks and tells me that it is waiting for me to set up voice mail and that is would like to help. The trouble is that I don't have voice mail because I don't WANT voice mail. I have been getting the VM message for a couple of days now without missing any calls at all, as near as I can tell. I suspect that the critters in the tech department have "added a feature" in order for them to appear to be doing something, but there may be another reason.
    Anyone?
    Did you contact them for troubleshooting or at least report the issue?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Device(s)
    Samsung Rugby II
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Z24 View Post
    Did you contact them for troubleshooting or at least report the issue?
    It's worse than an issue, it's a serious problem. I'm expecting various medical calls, and I think that what is happening (since I posted above) is that calls are going directly to voicemail (which doesn't exist.) I get a visible alarm which reads VOICEMAIL, and when I ring VOICEMAIL, Mizz Phonevoice takes me through the SETUP VOICEMAIL process (which I ignore, because I don't want voicemail) and when the process is over, she finally says good-bye. At that point, the call I missed is on the MISSED CALL list. In summary, it seems that the calls go directly to voicemail, which doesn't exist. I'll keep an eye on it, but I think I'm screwed and will have to spend a few minutes daily listening to Mizz Voicemail. (It's one minute each time to go through the voicemail prompts process.) This "new feature" just appeared in the past week, and I've been a customer for several years.

As for contacting "them," them is now just a forum, I posted there once on another matter, and they don't take well to criticism. That's why I came here.