Thread: $30/month plan - had it for years, now suddenly *poof* it's gone, anyone else?

Carrier(s)
    Looking...
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question $30/month plan - had it for years, now suddenly *poof* it's gone, anyone else?

So I went to refill my $30/month plan today, had it for the better part of the past decade, never had issues with it and yes sometimes I'd skip a month and not have service, but at the moment it's just literally *poof* not there anymore. Now my T-Mobile "My Account" page says I'm out of minutes, that if I make any calls at all it'll be $.10 a pop - you have no idea how many months I went and never used even 1 of those 100 minutes, really, because I've been using Google Voice and VoIP for so long too - and if I attempt to put a refill on the account it's thinking it's in $3 increments and I'm like WTF man, what happened.

So I'm contacting T-Mobile support presently, getting a person that doesn't really seem to have a clue at all about the $30/plan, is trying to upsell me on service, and I'm just trying to get them to understand I didn't put in for any kind of change to my plan. If T-Mobile has totally completely removed this $30/month plan then I can't do anything about it I suppose, but it would have been nice to know it was happening or even going to happen.

I'm aware that they stopped allowing new customers to get that plan sometime in 2018 but I've had it for so long I figured even if nobody new can get it they'd at least grandfather me over with it for the future but that might not be the case.

Has anyone else on the $30/month plan - the infamous non-advertised one that could only be accessed through T-Mobile's website or at Walmart in person - suddenly had it pulled out from under them ?

Just curious...

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I dont remember tmo having that. however, I do remember being a Walmart plan. $30 a month 100min talk/ unl text / 5gb data.
    But you are in luck, tmobile has it at $3 a month.. 30 texts or calls (but not both) and no data.

--

according to walmart, that plan was discontinued march 2018 ?? i think... if you let it lapse you wont get it back... try adding minutes from walmart.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by br0adband View Post
    So I went to refill my $30/month plan today, had it for the better part of the past decade, never had issues with it and yes sometimes I'd skip a month and not have service, but at the moment it's just literally *poof* not there anymore. Now my T-Mobile "My Account" page says I'm out of minutes, that if I make any calls at all it'll be $.10 a pop - you have no idea how many months I went and never used even 1 of those 100 minutes, really, because I've been using Google Voice and VoIP for so long too - and if I attempt to put a refill on the account it's thinking it's in $3 increments and I'm like WTF man, what happened.

So I'm contacting T-Mobile support presently, getting a person that doesn't really seem to have a clue at all about the $30/plan, is trying to upsell me on service, and I'm just trying to get them to understand I didn't put in for any kind of change to my plan. If T-Mobile has totally completely removed this $30/month plan then I can't do anything about it I suppose, but it would have been nice to know it was happening or even going to happen.

I'm aware that they stopped allowing new customers to get that plan sometime in 2018 but I've had it for so long I figured even if nobody new can get it they'd at least grandfather me over with it for the future but that might not be the case.

Has anyone else on the $30/month plan - the infamous non-advertised one that could only be accessed through T-Mobile's website or at Walmart in person - suddenly had it pulled out from under them ?

Just curious...
    Make sure they understand that you thought you were grandfathered in on the $30 Walmart plan, and you didn't intend to let it lapse.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If you can’t get it back, remember they offer prepaid mobile internet plans at $10 for 2GB and $25 for 6GB. Those have the North America features, so work in Canada and Mexico and will work in a phone (as well as a tablet, hotspot, etc.). You also get unlimited music streaming (music streaming services don’t count as data usage).

What you won’t get is cellular voice, and it’s not clear if these still include texting. I thought they used to, but they don’t say that. Again, if you’re using GoogleVoice or another VOIP that may be a non-event for you. iMessage on iOS will also work fine, as its data based.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by br0adband View Post
    So I went to refill my $30/month plan today, had it for the better part of the past decade, never had issues with it and yes sometimes I'd skip a month and not have service, but at the moment it's just literally *poof* not there anymore.

Someone else reported recently that they were a few days late in renewing that plan and it was gone.

So it looks like one is grandfathered into the plan if you keep renewing it. But if one lets it lapse, it goes away.

Let us know if you are able to get it re-instated.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I used to only renew my $30 plan once every three months to keep it. I forgot how long it had been and when I logged in, the $30 plan was gone. I've since let the account expire and have just gone postpaid completely. It's my guess that they were looking for any excuse to get people off of that plan.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What are you talking about was that the old simple choice plan that was discontinued about three years ago by the One Plan ? They offer a $40 plan on Metro by T-Mobile.