Thread: Another extra-data-add-on from FreedomPop

Feedback Score

Another extra-data-add-on from FreedomPop

I got 5 GB extra on one account last month, half-way through the billing period. This month a different account (ATT LTE SIM, "Basic 200") got 1 GB extra, at the beginning of the billing period, but the language FP used is a bit different from what I have seen in the past:

Usage History - May 14, 2019 - Jun 14, 2019 - DATA

Date Time Source Data
    5/14/19 7:00 PM Zero-Rated Allocated 1 GB
    5/14/19 7:00 PM Friend Bonus 50 MB
    5/14/19 7:00 PM Plan Data 1 GB

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Unhappy Methinks it is temporary

Prediction:

It was an error. It won't last beyond the end of the current billing period.
    Check https://my.freedompop.com/plan and you may see the 1 GB Plan has already reverted to 200 MB

Feedback Score
    Fair prediction, if it was an error. But the "plan" was never changed from its original "Basic 200" designation. That's what it has said all along; that's what it says now, even though the above-mentioned data allotments have been posted to the account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    Fair prediction, if it was an error. But the "plan" was never changed from its original "Basic 200" designation. That's what it has said all along; that's what it says now, even though the above-mentioned data allotments have been posted to the account.
    It was an error that lasted about a day, so you probably missed seeing it. I noticed someone mentioned this on slickdeals. I checked my sims, and they all said prepaid annual 1GB plan instead of basic 200. One sim renewed that night, and it now has 1GB for the next month. But the next day, and the sims' plan names all got changed back to basic 200. Another sim just renewed, and has the expected 200mb. So if you were lucky enough to have your sim renew during that one day or so time period, you got 1GB for the next month. It was a mistake by FreedomPop I assume, but it temporarily benefits a few us.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dudest View Post
    It was an error that lasted about a day, so you probably missed seeing it. I noticed someone mentioned this on slickdeals. I checked my sims, and they all said prepaid annual 1GB plan instead of basic 200. One sim renewed that night, and it now has 1GB for the next month. But the next day, and the sims' plan names all got changed back to basic 200. Another sim just renewed, and has the expected 200mb. So if you were lucky enough to have your sim renew during that one day or so time period, you got 1GB for the next month. It was a mistake by FreedomPop I assume, but it temporarily benefits a few us.
    Ah; cool; thanks for the info. No, I didn't notice that account ever saying anything other than "basic 200" but I definitely am not looking at them daily. I'll go read about it on slickdeals -- I'm there often but hadn't noticed coverage of this issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    A little off topic but now that someone mentioned the 200MB limit, is the AT&T plan supposed to come with only 200MB? Mine has always come with 500, plus the extra data from the friends thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    A little off topic but now that someone mentioned the 200MB limit, is the AT&T plan supposed to come with only 200MB? Mine has always come with 500, plus the extra data from the friends thing.
    Yes, the "norm" is 200MB+50MB Friends. But there have been various reports that some FP AT&T free plan SIMs get 500MB+50MB Friends. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those free plan 500MB FP AT&T SIMs! It seems that they were either a different kind of FP SIM, or were somehow set up in a special way, but I've not quite figured out how it happened that some free plan 500MB FP AT&T SIMs get 500MB/mo.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Another extra-data-add-on from FreedomPop

Duplicate post.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes, the "norm" is 200MB+50MB Friends. But there have been various reports that some FP AT&T free plan SIMs get 500MB+50MB Friends. Unfortunately, I don't have any of those free plan 500MB FP AT&T SIMs! It seems that they were either a different kind of FP SIM, or were somehow set up in a special way, but I've not quite figured out how it happened that some free plan 500MB FP AT&T SIMs get 500MB/mo.
    I’ve had this plan well before they started using the AT&T network so I’m thinking that could be why. But you would think they would just decrease my limit.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I’ve had this plan well before they started using the AT&T network so I’m thinking that could be why. But you would think they would just decrease my limit.
    Hmmm...now I'm confused. How did you have the 500MB/mo FP AT&T plan "well before they started using the AT&T network"?

Feedback Score

I think you got lucky. There was a bug for a while if I remember correctly where some people got switched to a 500mb plan instead of a 200mb plan when they downgraded to the free plan. Apparently based on your sim (if that is why) FP fixed the bug but never went back and corrected all of the accounts that benefited from it. I'm sure if you let customer service know, they'd fix it for you. I just wish I had one of the 500mb LTE sims! The LTE sim free plan is definitely supposed to be 200mb, not 500mb (like the sprint side).

Feedback Score
    Not sure why you see that but, as @Boz1 noted, you are not alone: a few folks do have ATT SIM accounts that give 500 base MB rather than the standard 200 MB. That's not the case with any of mine, even if the account in question predates release of the ATT LTE SIM.

In one case I had a Global SIM. When that went down I replaced it with an ATT LTE SIM. It's always been "Basic 200." In another case I had an account with the old "WiMax" "FreedomSleeve" for an iPod. When that went dark I replaced it with an ATT LTE SIM. It's also always been "Basic 200." Finally, I had a "Global SIM in a hotspot, and that, too, got replaced by an ATT LTE SIM. Once again, it's always been "Basic 200."

But this is about the third error/lottery/jackpot that I can think of that I have received in the past maybe 6 months. First 2 GB, then 5 GB (both clearly identified as 1 month gifts and communicated via email) and now this 1 GB (which is likely just an error in my account designation, but it is still showing in the account and the roll-over date is next June on the 15th).