Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 126

Thread: Once 1 year free plan expires

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    22
    Device(s)
    UNLOCKED: iOS Jailbroken + Android Rooted
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon + AT&T + Tello + Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Overview / Review of Porting to Tello:
    I ended up porting over to a cheap $14 Tello plan. Reused my pre-existing Sprint SIM, It was straightforward, trouble free…

    $14 for Unlimited Talk/Text/MMS and 2GB 4GLTE Data; Totals $14.38 includes CA taxes etc.
    Unlimited minutes includes all calls to USA, Mexico, Canada and China.

    It took about 12 hours for Port to take effect, had to ‘activate’ the phone using their web page instructions, which was typing a few ## number codes into phones keypad to reset and re-provision. Had to redo my voicemail message greeting and pin, but it saved all my phone history and old voicemail recordings, SMS's / MMS’s, no problems.

    I am surround by Work / Friend / Family WiFi Daily. so I haven’t used more than 2GB Data a month even with lots of Pandora streaming in my walking / biking / commuting… But I was spoiled with the idea of Sprint’s Promo theoretical unlimited, just expired

    Both Sprint Postpaid and Tello Prepaid seem to give ho-hum 5-8 Mbps average Download speeds {~30ms Pings}, in my neighborhoods so far, occasional bursts of 20-30+ Mbps in Industrial areas. [*shrugs]… Their AppStore Customer Service App seems to include a VOIP? dialer additionally…

    Tello does include Tethering/HotSpot. Uses only Sprint Cell Network, Sprint Data Network only: NO 3rd party Roaming, . I’ve been using Sprint Postpaid satisfactorily, all my regularly travelled areas had 100% Sprint coverage, but I’m probably just lucky in So Cal? I have hopes the Sprint TMobile merger helps?

    I used a Tello referral code, so I am getting a $10 credit on my 2nd month payment, I guess. I will test and try them out for a while, so far so good…

    I am good for now, but I have a feeling that this Black Friday will go crazy and have lots of phone and cell plan promos, so I will still keep my eyes open for new unlocked phone and cell combo plan anyways …
    Last edited by Mil Máscaras; 08-29-2019 at 04:41 PM.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    239
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Update on my situation: Sprint is claiming they can't access the audio recording of the July 13 phone call due to the failure of some third party provider. They have offered a courtesy credit for two months of what amounts to (in dollars) a two-month extension of the one-year free BYOD plan for all three lines. My last bill was $108 and they applied a manual $98 credit on the account. Officially, I'm on the plan that charges $65 for the first line, $45 for the second line, and $35 for the third line. Next month, another similar manual credit will have to be applied after the monthly PDF billing statement is generated by their billing system.

    This all happened after a lot of back and forth and two separate e-mails to Executive Vice President of Customer Service Marci Carris 12 days apart. I was told flat out, verbatim, "Management has denied your request." Upon my acceptance of the two month courtesy credit, all three case ID numbers (one for each line) were closed. They said if the audio recording ever comes into their possession, they will listen to it and possibly reopen those cases and contact me. I'm not holding my breath.

    I have no proof, and this is only my opinion, but my personal belief is they're lying through their teeth because they don't want to give me another free full year as promised on July 13. That's only my opinion and I am not trying to defame Sprint with unsubstantiated accusations. This is only my opinion (not an accusation) and I have no proof this is actually true. Ducks waddle and quack.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    134
    Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0

    Don't waddle

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Upon my acceptance of the two month courtesy credit, all three case ID numbers (one for each line) were closed. They said if the audio recording ever comes into their possession, they will listen to it and possibly reopen those cases and contact me. I'm not holding my breath.

    I have no proof, and this is only my opinion, but my personal belief is they're lying through their teeth because they don't want to give me another free full year as promised on July 13. That's only my opinion and I am not trying to defame Sprint with unsubstantiated accusations. This is only my opinion (not an accusation) and I have no proof this is actually true. Ducks waddle and quack.
    With case IDs closed there is nothing outstanding or pending. Closed is closed.
    Don't waddle -- run as fast as you can.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    There was a leak that Sprint will offer a 50 GB hotspot for KickStart for $10 a month extra and includes Hulu and Tidal. A supposed ad was leaked but maybe it will happen, maybe it will not.

    Meanwhile as long as your free plan is going you could add a suitable Android phone and use it as an external unsanctioned hotspot.

    I do not know when your free plan expires but it never pays to plan far in advance.

    Oh by the way Ting currently has a Sprint only 20 GB a month plan for $20 a month that I think includes hotspot.

    https://start.ting.com/20for20/

    Officially it expires at end of year but I predict it may be extended.

    They may have an even better offer if you are an FP Sprint account takeover user refugee..
    Question about Ting, do they do LTE data roaming onto USCC? Their coverage map says it has LTE in the same places I know Sprint roams onto them. However, I wasn't sure if they use an inflated Sprint native coverage map that looks like Sprint's postpaid map.
    nex·us [nek-suhs]
    noun, plural nex·us·es, nex·us.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    Question about Ting, do they do LTE data roaming onto USCC? Their coverage map says it has LTE in the same places I know Sprint roams onto them. However, I wasn't sure if they use an inflated Sprint native coverage map that looks like Sprint's postpaid map.
    They say they do not roam on USC as such but I do not think they would inflate their map intentionally either which is all the contradictory input I have on that. Maybe it counts as extended and maybe that is included in some areas, I do not know.
    .
    You might consider Sprint Kickstart which gives you Sprint postpaid coverage for $25 a month. However even that has low data limits for roaming unless it is considered extended area which it may be for all I know.
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans...kickstart.html

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    They say they do not roam on USC as such but I do not think they would inflate their map intentionally either which is all the contradictory input I have on that. Maybe it counts as extended and maybe that is included in some areas, I do not know.
    .
    You might consider Sprint Kickstart which gives you Sprint postpaid coverage for $25 a month. However even that has low data limits for roaming unless it is considered extended area which it may be for all I know.
    https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans...kickstart.html
    I think you're right in that Sprint considers LTE roaming areas part of its extended network, thus not typical domestic roaming. I'm comparing the two coverage maps in the Deep Creek Lake and they look similar enough that I would say it's probably not an exaggeration on Sprint's side. Voice, 3G data, etc. aren't included, but LTE data is.

    My goal is to get the $25 kickstart plan, because Sprint postpaid worked great for me on the free year plan. I just ported out last Friday and haven't heard yet from their Recovery department yet. Should I wait for mail from them or call to see if they'll offer kickstart?

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    I think you're right in that Sprint considers LTE roaming areas part of its extended network, thus not typical domestic roaming. I'm comparing the two coverage maps in the Deep Creek Lake and they look similar enough that I would say it's probably not an exaggeration on Sprint's side. Voice, 3G data, etc. aren't included, but LTE data is.

    My goal is to get the $25 kickstart plan, because Sprint postpaid worked great for me on the free year plan. I just ported out last Friday and haven't heard yet from their Recovery department yet. Should I wait for mail from them or call to see if they'll offer kickstart?
    Since you have already ported out, you can just sign up for KickStart at 866 782 8777 or online right away and port in your number without involving Recovery at all.

    The only purpose of involving Recovery was to save the trouble of porting out. Since you have already ported out, that does not arise.
    (There used to be some credits as well but these no longer apply where you select KickStart, only if you select a regular priced plan, none of which are cost effective except for 4 or 5 lines).

    Kickstart does not require that you wait 45 days or have a different SSN (as used to be necessary to roll over a free plan).

    So you are good to go already as is.

    You could call Recovery if you wanted though and do it that way if you preferred.
    Last edited by comintel; 09-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Since you have already ported out, you can just sign up for KickStart at 866 782 8777 or online right away and port in your number without involving Recovery at all.

    The only purpose of involving Recovery was to save the trouble of porting out. Since you have already ported out, that does not arise.
    (There used to be some credits as well but these no longer apply where you select KickStart, only if you select a regular priced plan, none of which are cost effective except for 4 or 5 lines).

    Kickstart does not require that you wait 45 days or have a different SSN (as used to be necessary to roll over a free plan).

    So you are good to go already as is.

    You could call Recovery if you wanted though and do it that way if you preferred.
    Is there any advantage doing it online as opposed to calling them? i.e. no credit pull, retain old account, etc.

    One other question, how long do you get to keep the plan price? Everything seems to indicate it's good as long as you have an account, but the Sprint Kickstart webpage says this:

    Pricing shown with $5/mo/line AutoPay discount applied within 2 invoices. Reqs. eBill and new account activation. Sprint Unlimited Basic: Limited time offer. After 09/30/2020 pay $60/mo for line 1, $40/mo for line 2 and $20/mo/line for lines 3-5. with AutoPay. Data deprioritization during congestion. Other mo. charges apply.**
    I read that as only applying to the Unlimited Basic plan. But, it's the same price, which is confusing why that note is even there.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    Is there any advantage doing it online as opposed to calling them? i.e. no credit pull, retain old account, etc.

    One other question, how long do you get to keep the plan price? Everything seems to indicate it's good as long as you have an account, but the Sprint Kickstart webpage says this:
    I read that as only applying to the Unlimited Basic plan. But, it's the same price, which is confusing why that note is even there.
    You can keep the plan price once you have the account. At least three years and probably longer. The footnote applies only to Unlimited Basic and is there only to state the full terns of Unlimited Basic for comparison.

    As to pros and cons, really you have several alternatives:
    (1) Reactivate via Recovery (number at https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/c...to-sprint.html) phone or chat
    (2) New Line via TeleSales 866 782 8777
    (3) New Line via online form at https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans...kickstart.html
    (4) Go to https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/b...wn-phone.html? and start there

    In the case of the online signup methods, I would sign onto your old account first and see if it picks it up.

    It is not clear to me which of these may be willing to use your old account without further credit check and which of these may or may not charge a $30 activation fee. It may vary depending on the rep. You can ask each of them. Someone posted the other day that the online signup shows a $30 activation fee when you go to check out (but it always did that even when it is refunded later).
    Last edited by comintel; 09-10-2019 at 03:57 PM.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    You can keep the plan price once you have the account. At least three years and probably longer. The footnote applies only to Unlimited Basic and is there only to state the full terns of Unlimited Basic for comparison.

    As to pros and cons, really you have several alternatives:
    (1) Reactivate via Recovery (number at https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/c...to-sprint.html) phone or chat
    (2) New Line via TeleSales 866 782 8777
    (3) New Line via online form at https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/plans...kickstart.html
    (4) Go to https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/b...wn-phone.html? and start there

    In the case of the online signup methods, I would sign onto your old account first and see if it picks it up.

    It is not clear to me which of these may be willing to use your old account without further credit check and which of these may or may not charge a $30 activation fee. It may vary depending on the rep. You can ask each of them. Someone posted the other day that the online signup shows a $30 activation fee when you go to check out (but it always did that even when it is refunded later).
    I chatted with Sprint as well as called the Recovery department. They're saying that they can only offer the kickstart plan for $35 now. The Recovery department claims that they are supposed to be able to offer it for $25, but can't right now due to a system issue. I suppose I can wait 45 days to become a new customer again? I don't know what else to do.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,971
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    I chatted with Sprint as well as called the Recovery department. They're saying that they can only offer the kickstart plan for $35 now. The Recovery department claims that they are supposed to be able to offer it for $25, but can't right now due to a system issue. I suppose I can wait 45 days to become a new customer again? I don't know what else to do.
    Try calling 866 782 8777 or just sign up online. Better not wait too long if that price increase is going to spread.

    I do not think the $35 rate is supposed to spread beyond Sprint stores for now (it is not in effect at Best Buy) but one can never be sure.

    Chat is always the least well informed and least reliable so I would not go by them.
    Last edited by comintel; 09-10-2019 at 06:24 PM.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    781
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MkVsTheWorld View Post
    I think you're right in that Sprint considers LTE roaming areas part of its extended network, thus not typical domestic roaming.
    USCC LTE = Extended
    T-Mobile LTE = Extended
    AT&T LTE = Roaming (throttled to 256kbps)
    Verizon 1xRTT = Roaming (max 144kbps if it works at all)

    The big change is T-Mobile, which provides significant coverage, but clearly not as much as AT&T.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    93
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Update on my situation: Sprint is claiming they can't access the audio recording of the July 13 phone call due to the failure of some third party provider. They have offered a courtesy credit for two months of what amounts to (in dollars) a two-month extension of the one-year free BYOD plan for all three lines. My last bill was $108 and they applied a manual $98 credit on the account. Officially, I'm on the plan that charges $65 for the first line, $45 for the second line, and $35 for the third line. Next month, another similar manual credit will have to be applied after the monthly PDF billing statement is generated by their billing system.

    This all happened after a lot of back and forth and two separate e-mails to Executive Vice President of Customer Service Marci Carris 12 days apart. I was told flat out, verbatim, "Management has denied your request." Upon my acceptance of the two month courtesy credit, all three case ID numbers (one for each line) were closed. They said if the audio recording ever comes into their possession, they will listen to it and possibly reopen those cases and contact me. I'm not holding my breath.

    I have no proof, and this is only my opinion, but my personal belief is they're lying through their teeth because they don't want to give me another free full year as promised on July 13. That's only my opinion and I am not trying to defame Sprint with unsubstantiated accusations. This is only my opinion (not an accusation) and I have no proof this is actually true. Ducks waddle and quack.
    I record all important calls, just in case! They are lying to you, they have the recording, its sad, but unforunately you lack proof.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Try calling 866 782 8777 or just sign up online. Better not wait too long if that price increase is going to spread.

    I do not think the $35 rate is supposed to spread beyond Sprint stores for now (it is not in effect at Best Buy) but one can never be sure.

    Chat is always the least well informed and least reliable so I would not go by them.
    Wow, what an experience I just had lol. I called that number and they gave me the kickstart plan @ "$25" and did a hard credit pull on me. Overall, the whole process took close to an hour, including setting up my account and calling them back for clarification. I swear, the guy I was working with to get my account setup kept calling my name like I dropped off on him. The call actually got dropped when the port went through. Speaking of which, text, calls, data are all working great already.

    Initially, after I setup my new account, I went to login to MySprint to check on everything. The first thing I noticed was that it says it's $40 per month/line, but may include a $5 autopay discount. Obviously, that's $35 per month and not what I signed up for. When I called that telesales number back, they said that I am to get a $10 kickstart (BYOD) credit monthly in addition to the autopay, effectively making the plan $25 a month. This does line up with the Order Confirmation Summary I got from them too, I just thought it was odd that wasn't mentioned on MySprint at all. Another weird thing is I can't seem to use certain parts of MySprint, like looking at other plans and changing any services associated with my account, I get an error message: "We are unable to process your request at this time". That being said, I was able to setup autopay, see my device and usage, etc. Also, when clicking on a button to Compare Plans, I could briefly see my current plan info actually saying $25 per month, that is before the webpage switches to that generic error message.

    I'll check back tomorrow, maybe the system needs to be bounced/refreshed or whatever. For now, I'm having a drink...

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Murland
    Posts
    1,495
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ahh, that makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    USCC LTE = Extended
    T-Mobile LTE = Extended
    AT&T LTE = Roaming (throttled to 256kbps)
    Verizon 1xRTT = Roaming (max 144kbps if it works at all)

    The big change is T-Mobile, which provides significant coverage, but clearly not as much as AT&T.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ultra Mobile 1 year $99 plan expiring... whats next?
    By TheU in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2015, 05:30 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-05-2005, 06:33 AM
  3. Did the corporate plan expire?
    By GTI337 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2002, 09:37 PM
  4. Best Buy 2 Year Protection Plan
    By UnhappyA460Owne in forum Sprint
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2002, 12:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks