Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Is the Ting CDMA voice coverage map different from the Sprint postpaid voice coverage map? Some sources say they are the same.
    Maybe I was looking at the wrong map, but the one I saw was clearly native Sprint and nothing else.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Maybe I was looking at the wrong map, but the one I saw was clearly native Sprint and nothing else.
    That is absolutely the case for Data.

But in the case of data, it appears be that the map may not reflect extended area TMobile "roaming" and that may actually be included. Ting is looking into that and I will test to see soon myself and report back.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-12-2019 at 09:20 PM.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That is absolutely the case for Data.

But in the case of data, it appears be that the map may not reflect extended area TMobile "roaming" and that may actually be included. Ting is looking into that and I will test to see soon myself and report back.
    Gotcha. If you want to see a messed up coverage map, look at Google Fi's. I literally can't figure out any point in the past that it even would have been accurate for Sprint and T-Mobile combined.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think I just got a steal of a deal, but not in writing (yet). I'm posting as much for documentation purposes as to share with everything keeping up with the thread.

Here's the background: I've had 3 lines on the free unlimited for a year plan with the 50GB hotspot per line all expiring 7/31/19. The first two lines are my primary line and my mother's primary line. The third line is an extra phone I sometimes carry around because it's convenient for me to use the hotspot of the extra phone rather than using the hotspot on my primary phone. My mother never uses the hotspot even though she occasionally carries around a wifi-only iPad, but whatever, that's her choice. My billing cycle ends on the 9th of every month, and I just got the billing statement for the period ending 7/9/19.

Three days ago, on the 10th, I ported the third line out. Today, I got a phone call from 855-881-5361 from Sprint. I'm not sure if this was the recovery department or what. I was driving and I had the conversation on bluetooth, and I didn't think to ask what department he was calling from. I explained that I don't really need the third line on Sprint because Page Plus is only charging me $10 every 120 days to maintain the active number, and even Kickstart wouldn't be enough for me to bring that line back to Sprint.

At that point, I asked if we could put the two remaining lines on Kickstart. I didn't explain my strategy, but my gameplan is to get my mother's line on Kickstart anyway, and to port my line to either AT&T prepaid or T-Mobile postpaid, since I need the hotspot and Kickstart (at the present time) doesn't include the hotspot. My logic was that if both primary lines get moved to Kickstart immediately, I can be without the hotspot for a few days, and then I'll just port my number out, leaving my mother's Kickstart plan intact and on the only remaining line on the Sprint account.

I was put on hold and then told Kickstart wouldn't be possible, but I was offered to have the same promotional free unlimited for a year plan extended for all three lines if I bring back the third line immediately. Because I was driving, I didn't interrogate the rep as much as I normally would have, but it sounded like a good offer, and it's only $10 to port back to Page Plus if necessary, so I threw caution to the wind and ported the third line back to Sprint at 75mph.

When asked, the rep explicitly told me the new expiration date for the promotional free unlimited plan would be in 2020.

My previous experience with the Sprint website is that it takes an hour or two for any account changes to show up online. Three hours later, the third line was back in the account, but all three lines were still showing a promotional expiration date of 7/31/19. I called Retentions at 844-382-3317 and asked this new rep to look into the details. He put me on a long hold and then told me the new expiration date would be 7/31/2020, but it wouldn't show up online until the next statement closes. That's not going to happen until August 9, and the PDF billing statement won't be available online until about the 12th or 13th.

So then I confirmed the time between 8/1 to 8/9 will be charged at the promotional rate, not the standard rate, even though the website will still be saying the promotional rate end date is 7/31/19, and I was assured the promotional rate would be charged for those nine days.

I then asked if the 50GB hotspot would be included, since I know at some point the promotion was changed to not include the hotspot. Again, I was reassured that I'd be keeping my current promotion including the 50GB hotspot and only the expiration date was being extended to 7/31/2020, but everything else about the plan would remain exactly the same.

In addition, they also put a $50 credit on the account, so if all of this holds up, it will be five months on the free plan that will be literally free (surcharges, administrative fees, and taxes covered by the credit), since the regular monthly amount we've been paying for three lines is exactly $10.

I will keep this thread updated with any new developments.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    When asked, the rep explicitly told me the new expiration date for the promotional free unlimited plan would be in 2020.
    WOW. Did you have to get a new SIM card, or could they reactivate your old one?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Reactivated old one. I didn't have it with me in the car, but I remembered the last five digits, and the first rep confirmed that the number matched their records, and I should proceed using the same exact sim. When I got home, everything activated properly on the device except visual voicemail. Working on getting that fixed now.

Edit: The visual voicemail problem was being caused simply due to cellular data being turned off by default for some reason during the provisioning process. All is working perfectly now. Still no VoLTE, LOL. Wifi calling works.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Reactivated old one. I didn't have it with me in the car, but I remembered the last five digits, and the first rep confirmed that the number matched their records, and I should proceed using the same exact sim. When I got home, everything activated properly on the device except visual voicemail. Working on getting that fixed now.

Edit: The visual voicemail problem was being caused simply due to cellular data being turned off by default for some reason during the provisioning process. All is working perfectly now. Still no VoLTE, LOL. Wifi calling works.
    Cool! Good to know. I'll have to port off to a T-Mobile prepaid and see if I get the same offer. If not, I can port the T-Mobile SIM to Google Fi.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Good luck with your efforts.

I hope they weren't lying to me. I wouldn't put it past them. Worst case, I get billed at regular price for 3 lines for 13 days, because I should find out either August 12 or 13 if what they promised me is actually going to stick. If it doesn't, I will port all three lines out immediately.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

I hope they weren't lying to me. I wouldn't put it past them. Worst case, I get billed at regular price for 3 lines for 13 days, because I should find out either August 12 or 13 if what they promised me is actually going to stick. If it doesn't, I will port all three lines out immediately.
    Thanks for sharing!

It sounds ok to me. Some other people got that free-plan extension offer in the past.

However people should bear in mind that carriers make selective offers to whoever they consider the most desirable customers, and are not obliged to extend them to everybody.

Also porting out to Page Plus may have helped too. Page Plus is of course a Verizon MVNO, and we can recall that Verizon was the original named target of the One Year Free Offer.Sprint is quite possibly not going to be nearly as motivated if you do a port out to TMobile or a Sprint MVNO.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-13-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

If they lie, you'll get your money one way or another. You'd have to call them to get it credited, if they fail to do that, you can always run a chargeback against them from your credit card.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also porting out to Page Plus may have helped too. Page Plus is of course a Verizon MVNO, and we can recall that Verizon was the original named target of the One Year Free Offer.Sprint is quite possibly not going to be nearly as motivated if you do a port out to TMobile or a Sprint MVNO.
    Would Total Wireless show up as a port to Cellco to Sprint, or would it show up as America Movil? I'm thinking if cellco is at the top of the totem pole for recovery, America Movil might be at the bottom. Total Wireless is the easiest to get my hand on although I think Verizon Prepaid has SIM kits at the local Wal-Fart as well.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Would Total Wireless show up as a port to Cellco to Sprint, or would it show up as America Movil? I'm thinking if cellco is at the top of the totem pole for recovery, America Movil might be at the bottom. Total Wireless is the easiest to get my hand on although I think Verizon Prepaid has SIM kits at the local Wal-Fart as well.

I do not know for sure but they may be able to determine the MVNO one way or another because after all they have to call the MVNO if there are porting problems (it is the MVNO who has the account records, not the carrier it uses, as far as I can determine).

Only a very few people have reported getting that free-year extension offer though, at least so far, so I myself would not hold pit much hope anyway. The carriers all use unknown scoring algorithms in deciding who gets such offers. Some of the reps do know about that offer though, so it is possible that with sufficient social engineering skills and efforts one could make some progress.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5