Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Once 1 year free plan expires

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Yes the Sprint Business reps were quite helpful and friendly. They did not say anything about the plan expiring so maybe it was a custom plan. However everything listed on Sprint.com expires after 1 year.
    Yes well that's a special offer on the site that expires June 30, 2020 as it has been for over 6 months now (it was 18 months when it first was made).

But I agree you need to avoid that offer and negotiate another one that lasts 18 months if you are going to lease for 18 months. I believe the business reps will give you the same terms for 18 months.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    She can do it the next day (or the same day but mixups are more likely that way, that's all)..

The offer requires a new line, not a new customer as the free plan did.

She can even do it without leaving Sprint at all by following the steps at
    https://slickdeals.net/f/10235008-sp...#post128482822

which is actually the best way of all because it is fully transparent *provided* you can be firm with cancelling with Retentions in the first step (some people apparently can not be).
    Yep, I didn't miss that link earlier in this thread. I considered it, but I'm thinking it's worth $10 to port out to Page Plus and back in only because of the chance that Kickstart can disappear at any moment without any notice. I'm also more comfortable with paying $10 to Page Plus rather than $3-5 for a virtual T-Mobile sim activation. At least on Page Plus, there's a real sim inside a real phone that actually works for the short time it's active on the network.

If we do the bluff Sprint cancelation, it will take several additional days. I'm confident I can be firm in the cancelation request, but if my mother has to make that phone call herself, who knows what could happen.

All other things being equal, if my mother's primary line is going to be on a totally separate account from my lines (whether on the same provider or not), I'd rather she keep hers in her name.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Yep, I didn't miss that link earlier in this thread. I considered it, but I'm thinking it's worth $10 to port out to Page Plus and back in only because of the chance that Kickstart can disappear at any moment without any notice. I'm also more comfortable with paying $10 to Page Plus rather than $3-5 for a virtual T-Mobile sim activation. At least on Page Plus, there's a real sim inside a real phone that actually works for the short time it's active on the network.

If we do the bluff Sprint cancelation, it will take several additional days. I'm confident I can be firm in the cancelation request, but if my mother has to make that phone call herself, who knows what could happen.

All other things being equal, if my mother's primary line is going to be on a totally separate account from my lines (whether on the same provider or not), I'd rather she keep hers in her name.
    Sure - I see no great problem with that at all.

Well actually there are a couple of theoretical potential problems. One, once you take a phone off Sprint, there is no absolute guarantee it will go back on if old ownership or reported theft or account payment issues from prior owners come up that did not come up the first time.

Second, theoretically if the number is the same, for this offer it should be off for 45 days. They are not enforcing that AT ALL but they could.

When they have ended KickStart in the past, they have done so with a countdown clock that runs through the end of a week.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good information as always, thanks. Knowing that the number theoretically should be off for 45 days, I think it's probably better to try the bluff cancelation first and port out only as a last resort.

If I port out the other two lines (my primary and secondary lines) first, leaving only my mother's primary line on the account, that will probably make the cancelation threat for her line sound more credible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    Good information as always, thanks. Knowing that the number theoretically should be off for 45 days, I think it's probably better to try the bluff cancelation first and port out only as a last resort.

If I port out the other two lines (my primary and secondary lines) first, leaving only my mother's primary line on the account, that will probably make the cancelation threat for her line sound more credible.
    Very good.

Actually they are giving the Recovery offer to everyone who cancels a line and it seems no discretion is involved. The computer just says the phone number is eligible or not (and it seems to always say it is). You have to actually cancel (taking effect on a future date), not just threaten to cancel.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-06-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    So I spoke with Sprint and am able to get 5 lines for $100 or $95 if business. The plan however is only good for 1 year and expires in June 2020, however the phone leases last 18 months or longer. I am a bit uncomfortable with that since it seems I will be locked in beyond the price protection.
    Just buy unlocked phones and you're not beholden to a lease or one particular carrier.

Very good.

Actually they are giving the Recovery offer to everyone who cancels a line and it seems no discretion is involved. The computer just says the phone number is eligible or not (and it seems to always say it is). You have to actually cancel (taking effect on a future date), not just threaten to cancel.
    Good call. Can you then port out before that date and keep the number if they don't do a recovery offer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post

Good call. Can you then port out before that date and keep the number if they don't do a recovery offer?
    Absolutely you can and would normally do so.

I have the steps in detail at
    Last edited by comintel; 07-07-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Absolutely you can and would normally do so.

I have the steps in detail at
    Is there anything better than Kickstart? I don't really want Kickstart, as it's $25/mo and no MHS. If they don't have something great for me, I'm going to port to Google Fi and just not have a UDP anymore.

Feedback Score
    Is there anything better than Kickstart? I don't really want Kickstart, as it's $25/mo and no MHS. If they don't have something great for me, I'm going to port to Google Fi and just not have a UDP anymore.
    They may be revising KickStart soon to have a small hotspot for free, or a 50 GB one for $10 extra.
    Other than that, there are some lower limit data plans in Sprint.

If you are a FreedomPop Sprint subscriber, Ting may have some high data offers coming up on its takeover.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    They may be revising KickStart soon to have a small hotspot for free, or a 50 GB one for $10 extra.
    Other than that, there are some lower limit data plans in Sprint.

If you are a FreedomPop Sprint subscriber, Ting may have some high data offers coming up on its takeover.
    At that point, I'd rather have Project Fi, so that I get Sprint, T-Mobile and USCC. Sprint plans sort of get all three, but only when and where Sprint allows roaming. Then I can just keep it paused most of the time when I'm not traveling.

Feedback Score
    Yes well that's a special offer on the site that expires June 30, 2020 as it has been for over 6 months now (it was 18 months when it first was made).

But I agree you need to avoid that offer and negotiate another one that lasts 18 months if you are going to lease for 18 months. I believe the business reps will give you the same terms for 18 months.
    Yes! Got it all done at my local third party Sprint Store!

Hi Sprint! Here we come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    I called Retentions and they claim they can't offer deals until after my promotion is up- what good is that, I'll already be gone?

Feedback Score
    I called Retentions and they claim they can't offer deals until after my promotion is up- what good is that, I'll already be gone?
    There is is a Recovery offer, (but no good Retention offer right now).

But you can do it without port out if you follow my detailed steps at

(The reason I link to it is because I can update it to keep it current on SD).

Here is the Recovery offer:

It is not that great and you will not get those credits for KickStart, but at least it allows you to switch to KickStart without porting out.
    https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/c...to-sprint.html

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    There is is a Recovery offer, (but no good Retention offer right now).

But you can do it without port out if you follow my detailed steps at

(The reason I link to it is because I can update it to keep it current on SD).

Here is the Recovery offer:

It is not that great and you will not get those credits for KickStart, but at least it allows you to switch to KickStart without porting out.
    https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/c...to-sprint.html
    Thanks. The $25 Kickstart is not good enough to keep me on Sprint. I'll just port out to Google Fi and put the line on hold until I need it. I'd be tempted to keep Sprint at $20 for the UDP that I have now, or the $15 Kickstart.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. The $25 Kickstart is not good enough to keep me on Sprint. I'll just port out to Google Fi and put the line on hold until I need it. I'd be tempted to keep Sprint at $20 for the UDP that I have now, or the $15 Kickstart.
    There is also Ting at $20 for 20 GB
    https://start.ting.com/20for20/

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast