Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moto G 7 SUPRA/Power SUPRA is Cricket's name for the phone

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Moto G 7 SUPRA/Power SUPRA is Cricket's name for the phone

Cricket is advertising this phone for sale and I was wondering if anyone knew for sure if this phone has wifi calling and Volte?

I see the specs say HD voice? Does that mean Volte?

I read customer reviews and some claim it does have a wifi calling feature but if you check the phones on Cricket's site that have wifi calling, this phone is not listed.

I went on Cricket's chat and they were totally worthless. No straight answer at all. Tried multiple times.

179.99 doesn't seem to be too bad of price for this phone and the huge battery is a big plus.

Thanks guys.....

Feedback Score
    this phone is wifi calling capable and Volte

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpirello View Post
    this phone is wifi calling capable and Volte
    Thank you, I think I'm gonna buy it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thank you, I think I'm gonna buy it.
    It’s a great phone. Good camera and battery life. Use the charger that comes with the phone or you may experience not so good battery life

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well I bought the phone and it arrived today and was somewhat of a chore to set up properly. I think I'm gonna have to come here for support for Cricket issues as I could not communicate by phone with Cricket support (language barrier problem) and the online chat must be an automated thing where as they read your words and offer areas on their site for support help. Most other carriers with online chats were pretty helpful with real live people reading what your issues were and responding accordingly.

So far I'm not impressed at all with support.

I'm trying to access my account using the "mycricket" app but that's not working at all. After inputting my name and PW the app says it has quit and then just keeps reverting back to the log in screen.

I can access my account online though.

As for the phone itself and Crickets service/coverage, it will probably be fine. I can send and receive calls and texts and the internet seems to work ok, and it looks like I'm getting 4g lte.

I set up wifi calling but couldn't seem to find where you enabled HD voice or volte.

Thanks......

Feedback Score
    Well I bought the phone and it arrived today and was somewhat of a chore to set up properly. I think I'm gonna have to come here for support for Cricket issues as I could not communicate by phone with Cricket support (language barrier problem) and the online chat must be an automated thing where as they read your words and offer areas on their site for support help. Most other carriers with online chats were pretty helpful with real live people reading what your issues were and responding accordingly.

I'm trying to access my account using the "mycricket" app but that's not working at all. After inputting my name and PW the app says it has quit and then just keeps reverting back to the log in screen.

As for the phone itself and Crickets service/coverage, it will probably be fine. I can send and receive calls and texts and the internet seems to work ok, and it looks like I'm getting 4g lte.

I set up wifi calling but couldn't seem to find where you enabled HD voice or volte.

Thanks......
    Volte is called "Enhanced LTE Services" in network settings. Cricket has some social media support on Facebook you could try. As for chat, at first will be their automated response that tries to direct you but there is usually a place to click to get a live agent.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Thanks......
    Volte is called "Enhanced LTE Services" in network settings. Cricket has some social media support on Facebook you could try. As for chat, at first will be their automated response that tries to direct you but there is usually a place to click to get a live agent.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post

Thank you.

I looked in the network settings area on the phone and there was no mention of "enhanced lte services" or HD Voice, or volte.

I also thought that video calling was supported but I see no mention of that either.

I guess I will have to rely on the good folks on here for support as I'm not too good with facebook.

Yeah, their chat system needs some tweaking, at least in my mind.

Do they even offer email support? I must have missed it.

Thanks again.....

Still can't get the "mycricket" app to work. It just keeps crashing. I've updated it and that didn't work. I thought about uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but they won't let you uninstall it.

Feedback Score

Thanks......

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wrenhal View Post

Depends on the phone. My S7 has that option, my Moto e5 Cruise (cricket branded) does not. They have removed "Enhanced LTE Services" from many devices as they are pushing away from older tech to LTE only....hence, VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I looked in the network settings area on the phone and there was no mention of "enhanced lte services" or HD Voice, or volte. I also thought that video calling was supported but I see no mention of that either. I guess I will have to rely on the good folks on here for support as I'm not too good with facebook. Yeah, their chat system needs some tweaking, at least in my mind. Do they even offer email support? I must have missed it. Thanks again..... Still can't get the "mycricket" app to work. It just keeps crashing. I've updated it and that didn't work. I thought about uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but they won't let you uninstall it.
    try dialing *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu should show, select phone information and scroll down a little ways, and you should see some switches for VoLTE provisioned - WIFI Calling provisioned ect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpre View Post
    Depends on the phone. My S7 has that option, my Moto e5 Cruise (cricket branded) does not. They have removed "Enhanced LTE Services" from many devices as they are pushing away from older tech to LTE only....hence, VoLTE.
    My phone is a Moto z2 Force AT&T with Oreo. Maybe you misunderstood me. The "enhanced LTE Services" option is to turn on VOLTE. Turn it off and I have no VOLTE. I'm not sure what you think I was saying.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try dialing *#*#4636#*#* a secret menu should show, select phone information and scroll down a little ways, and you should see some switches for VoLTE provisioned - WIFI Calling provisioned ect.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but after dialing that number it does nothing, I see no secret menus. I tried several of my phones and there was no menus.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpre View Post
    The reason I was asking was because Cricket advertised HD Voice for this phone and I saw nowhere that it was mentioned or no way to enable/activate it.

Are you saying that if I'm getting LTE that means Volte is enabled?

Really confusing......

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm still having no luck getting the "mycricket" app to work.

I've tried removing the latest update to 2.7.2 and that didn't help and so I updated to this latest version and that also didn't work. I see no way to uninstall and reinstall.

What's ironic is that I can install and use the "mycricket" app on another one of my phones, but on my new Cricket branded phone with the "mycricket" app already preinstalled, it does not work.

Thanks....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast