Thread: Are all MetroPCS stores so scamy?

Feedback Score

Are all MetroPCS stores so scamy?

They have a deal on the Moto7Power for $59.99 with port in and $50 plan. I expect $59.99+$52(first month)+$25(activation)+tax. As a possible complication my portin # is a FreedomPop number, At&t Mvno.

Store #1 That deal is only available with the $60 plan. I pull out my phone and show them that they are wrong. The girl tells me it will be $209. Sorry that's wrong. She claims that my freedompop number doesn't qualify. Fine I cancel, have a nice day.

I call customer service to ask if FreedomPop qualifies for the deal. The CSR says they don't have access to that part of the system. I ask for the location of the nearest company store, 50 miles away.

I go to store #2, no problem. Me and the girl are chatting it up. Yes the deal is for the $50 plan, port goes through and bang it's $209 again. That's not right. Second shop girl does something and the price is $165. Still doesn't sound write but I'm frustrated but I agree. $165 for the phone isn't a bad deal. Deals done she hands me a paper that says my monthly is $52/month, no receipt. I ask for one, she claims they will email it. I insist and they print it. They added a $20 screen protector and the activation was $65, ouch every other carrier is $25. I'll give them a pass on the activation fee since there probably isn't much profit in the phone at $59.99.

Sure leaves a a bad taste in my mouth. Does TMobile really want their name attached with stores that are that scamy?

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Try to find a company owned store. Most MetroPcs stores are independently owned and seem to operate pretty much however they want.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    If your in Oregon like me there are no corporate stores just authorized dealers and I once tried to get a deal my self and the store said that freedompop did not qualify as well.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet with up to 400 Megs Per Second Download speed and Xfinity TV with 160+ Channels on a Xfinity Double Play.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Sprint Free One Year Promo as Secondary.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Corporate stores are preferable, although not perfect.

But no, not all Metro stores are scamy.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like TMO is going to really start reshaping Metro:

https://old.reddit.com/r/MetroPCS/co...e_interesting/

“Metro by tmobile currently has plans to close down underperforming approx 2000 dealer owned stores”

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Duplicate.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Duplicate.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score

Are all MetroPCS stores so scamy?

Short answer? Yes.

Especially so in the craphole areas most of them are in. Like others said, corporate store or maybe if you can FIND one in a more affluent area, try that.

And no, T-Mo doesn’t care. Because they only want the low-margin poor people and low-end customers to go there.

If the CS and store experience was good, the average person might take their business there, and that’s bad for T-Mo overall. That’s why you cant even buy a SIM card online and have to call in to switch phones.

No one with 10 extra bucks to spend a month is going to put up with their scummy business practices, and that’s by design.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile, Lycamobile, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    still better than 95% of boost stores. lol