Thread: CallingMart now adds a $1.00 "Service Fee"

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Unhappy CallingMart now adds a $1.00 "Service Fee"

CallingMart now adds $1.00 fee to each refill card you buy from them!
    What is a Service Fee? Here is how they explain it:
    "This minimal fee allows us to recover increased costs associated with selling this product via online delivery. However, you will still accumulate CallingMart reward points, get discounted pricing and pay NO TAX.
    How do I avoid this fee? This fee will be waived for customers who sign up for Auto-Purchase feature* by clicking on Manage Auto-Purchase in your account home."

Feedback Score
    This might just sink them.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    This is not "new" but a recent one added a couple (?) of months ago, I believe.

Anyway, the fact that it is a flat $1 fee per PIN and regardless of the denomination seems a little too heavy-handed to me. This has been discussed already in the Callingmart discounts thread
    Last edited by Jairzinho; 05-10-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    You're better off just getting a Target Red Card and buying a refill card online for the 5% off.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (AT&T PrePaid)

Other phones "in the family": Nokia 6.1 (AT&T), Huawei Honor 7x (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    This is not "new" but a recent one added a couple (?) of months ago, I believe.

Anyway, the fact that it is a flat $1 fee per PIN and regardless of the denomination seems a little too heavy-handed to me. This has been discussed already in the Callingmart discounts thread
    Wow. I just noticed it the other day when I added a $10 refill to a prepaid account. I thought I was being dinged because the refill was too small or something.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The $1 fee started sometime early in 2019 as my last Callingmart purchase in December did not have the $1 fee. As already mentioned in this and the Callingmart discount thread, they are trying to find a price level between the 10% and no fee and 5% plus fee that will not bleed customers but have people continue to purchase their refills.

With the different vendors like Target, Kohls and BJs offering every now and then sales that are either matching their previous 10% no fee or exceeding it, no need to sign up for auto pay with Callingmart.

A few months ago Target had buy one and get one 30% off for refills larger then $35 plus 5% off with their Red Card, that was the sale to stock up. So just make sure you have enough refills that last you a few months and have slickdeals.net alert you when the next sale is on.