Thread: Transfer Pnones and TMFL

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Transfer Pnones and TMFL

I have activated and transferred min., txt and data between 2 tmob phones and I am about to bring everything back to the original Tracfone Verizon Fiesta 2. I have a tracfone byod tmfl sims that I have never used. Since I am going to reactivate the tracfone verizon phone would I be able to change to a tmfl sims now for future purchases or should I just bring everything over to the original phone and swap over to an unlocked phone in the future.
    Thanks for any help. I am very new to all this.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If the TF-branded Verizon Fiesta 2 has TMFL, it's best to transfer to that phone and its original SIM. Currently, there are some add-ons (like the 365-day, no units, for $49.99) that are offered only to TF-branded phones, not to BYOP SIM/phone.

If you want to activate a BYOP SIM for TF/Verizon, you'll need to provide the IMEI of a phone that will pass the "whitelist check". Do you have one?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't think they will let you associate a BYOD sim with the Tracfone Verizon phone. The IMEI will give it away. It will need a non-BYOD sim, whatever features that pairing comes with.

If you can find a regular Verizon-compatible phone that can pass Tracfone's IMEI check, you can use that phone to supply an IMEI and associate it with a BYOD sim. Then put the sim in another phone for use. But you have to maintain control of the IMEI so someone can't destroy your sim by substituting a new sim.

I think this is how it works.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks. I do not have a clean phone yet. I will just move everything to the verizon tracfone for now. When I do get a new -clean- phone if I use the tmfl sim hopefully it will triple all futue purchses.
    Thanks for your help

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The Fiesta 2 was never TMFL. Even if you activated a TMFL BYOP SIM, it would not keep that feature in a future service transfer. You could only swap that SIM into another phone. You have to compare the value of the TMFL feature to the loss of add-on goodies with a BYOP phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The Fiesta 2 was never TMFL. Even if you activated a TMFL BYOP SIM, it would not keep that feature in a future service transfer. You could only swap that SIM into another phone. You have to compare the value of the TMFL feature to the loss of add-on goodies with a BYOP phone.
    loboheeler, what do you mean that "it would not keep that feature in a future service transfer"?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by gus49 View Post
    loboheeler, what do you mean that "it would not keep that feature in a future service transfer"?
    It's the nature of where TMFL is applied. In TF branded phones it stays with the Phone's IMEI. With a BYOP TMFL SIM it stays with the SIM. If you activate a non-TMFL phone with a TMFL BYOP SIM, it will have TMFL. However, it's a one shot deal that will not pass the TMFL feature on with a service transfer to a new phone with a new SIM. You have to keep using that TMFL SIM to maintain TMFL, thus the swap option.