Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mistakenly Tripled Paygo Balances Corrected

Feedback Score
    Anyone else get incorrect charge offs on their PayGo plans? I have one phone (VoLTE) that only deducts about 1/3 of the actual minutes I use.

Device(s)
    Moto G5+ XT1687, 2*Moto E4 XT1768
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Page Plus, Freedompop-ATT
    Feedback Score
    I checked my paygo account this evening, prior to seeing this thread, and noticed Page Plus did correct its over 5x-inflated balance sometime over the past month, down to what looks like an approximately correct figure-- from $655.79 on May 2 to $120.86 now.

Oh, well - no great surprise, and since this is a backup phone it's very unlikely I'd ever have used that extra amount anyway.

I still have the extra almost-3 months of sevice that got mysteriously added earlier this year, pushing my renewal date back from April to July.

Device(s)
    Droid X since 2014
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    Instead of creating a new thread, found this older one that may suit my needs...and haven't been active here since last spring also so just now getting to this:

Back on Sep 23, I added my usual $10 card to keep my acct going and because I use it SO rarely, had a balance of $145.21 - and expire in lat Jan (I think but can't tell now)

Then weird things began happening -- starting about 10 min later and at odd frequencies, sometimes every hour or so, sometimes once daily, etc it keep adding $10 until bal got to be...$705.21!! WOW!

Naturally, i didn't report it as figured they would figure it out and remove extra credits but as of now, haven't yet seen it as bal still at $696.69 and expires on 2/1/20 which is later than it should be from Sep 23, right?

I've made a few calls mostly in early Dec and can't tell if bal is being reduced correctly without the running amts like they used to have..but might be possible though I don't think I've used 90+ min to get that reduction from $705 to $696.

Any advice from others here on this?

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j_hallgren View Post
    ........................Any advice from others here on this?
    I have a couple prior posts here when the thread started. Had bonus $ and days back when the whole new VoLTE provisioning stuff was going on earlier in the year or when they were trying to activate a phone. It was eventually corrected back to my original $10 and didn't deduct the more then $10 I used during the windfall. My extended due dates stayed the same.
    Now on one of my phones I often have calls that aren't charged off. Used about 2 hours in the past 2 weeks and no reduction in balance. On the other hand there's times I see a text charge in the my account call record I never made and on 2 of my phones, like clockwork once a week, a 2kb data entry (which doesn't deduct $...too small)/ I never use data but they could never tell me why.
    I just keep tabs of things so I don't suddenly get a surprise if they ever fix things and take a lump away.
    Seems to always have been a bug off and on since the whole VoLTE thing. I don't know if monthly plan people can see call records or balances like PayGo's do.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    When I was on utnt 29$ plan, I could see call records and data usage on the online account management page.

If you got this big balance and a capable phone, I suggest you use it up. You can always revert back to the standard plan when your balance falls below $29.

Device(s)
    Droid X since 2014
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    Just an update on my situation with the excess balance:
    Due to number of spam calls that I was getting (sometimes multiple in a row), the way I was using "Mr Number" (adding each spam call number to block list) wasn't working so i recently changed it to "block if not in contacts" as I almost always only use it with limited amount of known people. And I typically only make a couple of calls, if that, in most all months as it's really a emergency type phone as opposed to my 24/7 companion.

Unfortunately, that also blocked text msgs from PP about expire date and I had gotten busy around Feb 1 and thus missed adding MY $10 like I should before it expired taking the approx $695 with it!
    Luckily noticed it yesterday and called CS. So -- I kinda felt obligated to disclose and give up the extra $560 erroneous credits to have better chance of recovering the approx $135 or so that was mine. They were able after about 30 min to get MY credit back after I bought new $10 card AND got a supervisor because the first rep said there was nothing he could do and my balance was zero.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    In the past, if I missed my payment and they expired my balance, I was able to get them to recover it after I added a pin first. PP cs instructed me to do that. This was even after I got my paygo balance multiplied.

Sent from my S3_Pro Umidigi using HoFo mobile app
    Last edited by ShredFred; 02-11-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Another happy customer shamed out of his windfall balance!

No, actually, that whole thing got corrected on its own a while back. Little by little we kept seeing posts here of people reporting that their big balances were reverting back to more normal levels. Was about a year ago I think. I know mine changed without notice in the middle of a four month interval.

Was interesting while it lasted. I thought at the time "so this is like what those TracFone users get to experience" every now and then.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Everyone should have used their balance up before it disappeared. Oh well, would a, should a, could a.....

Device(s)
    Droid X since 2014
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus since 12/06
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Another happy customer shamed out of his windfall balance!

No, actually, that whole thing got corrected on its own a while back. Little by little we kept seeing posts here of people reporting that their big balances were reverting back to more normal levels. Was about a year ago I think. I know mine changed without notice in the middle of a four month interval.
    In my case, the series of 56 additions of $10 to balance occurred in early Oct last fall over a few day period and was still in my acct until Feb 1 when it expired.
    I wasn't shamed out of it, IMO - And I wasn't likely to ever use it anyway as typically only use maybe about $10-15 in calls per YEAR. And when they were researching my acct to find my 'lost' balance, i figured they'd notice the error anyway so...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2