Thread: Best Coverage Choice

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Best Coverage Choice

Tried searching but couldnít find this exact topic addressed anywhere specifically.

My question is regarding the best coverage option I can get on ST. Iíve got an unlocked universal iPhone XR thatís been used on at&t (cricket) and Verizon (Visible).

Going to try out ST for a bit now. However, everywhere I search talks generally about how ST uses all four big networks. Which network do I choose to get the best overall nationwide coverage? If I choose Verizon SIM, will it go on multiple networks or just native Verizon coverage? If I choose the unlocked GSM SIM, will it go on BOTH at&t and T-Mobile, or will it only run on one? I want to get the most coverage I can and donít really care if itís CDMA or GSM.

Thank you!
    Currently: iPhone 5 64GB (white)
    Former: HTC One (black), HTC One X+, iPhone 5 White 16GB, iPhone 4 (black) 32GB, myTouch 4G, myTouch 3G slide, iPhone 3GS Black 32GB, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Equinox, HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Dash 3G, Sony Ericsson TM506, BlackBerry Storm (unlocked for TMO), Samsung Behold, T-Mobile G-1, Verizon XV6800, Verizon Samsung i760, T-Mobile Wing, T-Mobile Dash, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, Nextel i860, Nextel i730, Nextel i95cl.

Feedback Score
    almost every walmart i go to, all the straight talk phones they sell almost all use or on Verizon. Verizon is going to use LTE only so there's no CDMA. as far as roaming, see this thread - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...erizon-roaming

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    It depends on where you want to use it whether Verizon or ATT network is better.

You only use the native coverage. Though the advertisements could naively make you believe that it is a superset.

You can experiment with BYOD on their web site, and look at the general coverage by choosing Verizon or ATT.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    almost every walmart i go to, all the straight talk phones they sell almost all use or on Verizon. Verizon is going to use LTE only so there's no CDMA. as far as roaming, see this thread - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...erizon-roaming
    Awesome, thank you for that linked post.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    It depends on where you want to use it whether Verizon or ATT network is better.

You only use the native coverage. Though the advertisements could naively make you believe that it is a superset.

You can experiment with BYOD on their web site, and look at the general coverage by choosing Verizon or ATT.
    Oh ok, yeah I thought that it would use multiple networks and gave super coverage. Guess itís too good to be true.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sikkboy626 View Post
    Oh ok, yeah I thought that it would use multiple networks and gave super coverage. Guess itís too good to be true.
    No, you definitely only get the one network's coverage. I for one think the primary factor is actually the device and it's operating bands. I set up a BYOD on Straight Talk Magenta (T-Mobile) and I've had it in my old BlackBerry Classic. It's always got a signal but yesterday I ran into one of those situations where it dropped back to the slower HSPA network while inside a building because that old device didn't support any recent LTE bands that T-Mobile has around here. Had the SIM been in my iPhone X, I'm sure it'd have worked fine with the broader band options. The truth in that case though is, it was a Verizon device to start with, I made the choice to try T-Mo. Had I set ST Red (Verizon) then I doubt I'd have had any issues at all, anywhere. I'm just being adventurous with trying ST on an extra line.

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection: