Thread: Constant Connection Timeout- please help

Device(s)
    SHF31
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Constant Connection Timeout- please help

I'm trying to update Line on my shf31 but it keeps saying connection timed out whenever I try. This includes when i'm using Wifi. I checked if i could download an update from any of my other apps and no luck! They're all in the same boat.

I can't figure out how to update it! I can't use google play because the phone wont install google. I'm not experienced enough with APKs to make effective use of the ones i download on my PC. And I also can't download the APK via 1mobile market, the app store that was preinstalled when i got the phone from kyoex.

My phone will usually open up a youtube video if you give it enough time, so I'm not sure it's an issue with the connection. Any advice would be appreciated!
    Flip Phones Forever~

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just checked and found out that the only update released for the SHF31 is an update to the LINE app. Are you trying to perform the update via the phone's built-in update/upgrade service, or some other way?

Frankly, I don't expect this phone to be updateable outside of Japan. Is it officially unlocked? Now, my wife's SHV32 is officially unlocked and can update outside of Japan, but it runs Android that hasn't been heavily modded as in the case of SHF31.

If you can enable USB debugging – is such an option even available in the phone's menu – installing apks from your PC via USB is actually very simple. If you can, enable it, download and install the Sharp ADB drivers: http://sharp.cheeseus.org/how2/76/Sharp-ADB-Drivers. Then download ADB, see this article's second paragraph for the link: http://sharp.cheeseus.org/how2/88/Re...s-Without-Root!

Then you obviously need the APK file for LINE, or whatever other app you want to install. One way to obtain it is to install it on another Android phone, then extract it from the phone to your PC, then push it (install it) on your SHF31. The second download link contains some basic ADB commands, including how to install, uninstall, and extract apps.
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.