Thread: T-Mobile pay-as-you-go data only user interfaces completely broken

Feedback Score

T-Mobile pay-as-you-go data only user interfaces completely broken

Hello,

I have been using T-Mobile pay-as-you-go devices for quite a few years. The phones have always worked ok since you have add/monitor/etc everything on the accounts from the phone.

I also have a couple of Data-Only pay-as-you-go devices and the whole web interface for them has always been bad but as of a month or two ago the is completely broken.

I have had an Acatel 4G LTE mifi (since 2017) and to get day/week/month pass you bring it up and use a computer to connect the the wifi on it and then web to mim.t-mobile.com to get to your account so you can get the pass, this was automatic and it dropped you right into your account because it recognized the device. This is completely broken now and times out 100% of time. I can see the mifi is connect to the cell tower. I can even do DNS lookups and domains resolve but it will not go to the account webpage or any other webpage.

This is happening on my tablet also which is data only.

If I log into my account directly from the internet I get in just fine but it shows no $$ from the cards I have entered previously so there is no way from there to get a pass using the money I have in the account (Really !!) which renders the account useless.

If I call T-Mobile they say yeah we see your account we see the money in it and then make excuses as to why I cant get the sites to get a pass. After this crap they then say but if you would like to get a pass I can get one for you right now. It works I get my device data activated for the pass period and then if I want to use any fo the devices I have to go through the same crap again. This is pissing me off.

Before I start filing FTC/FCC/AGO complaints does any one have any pointers to how I can use the system myself to get passes and add passes ?

thanks for any info or enlightenment

PS I saw there was a pay-as-you-go forum but it looked completely dead so I am hoping for help here..

Feedback Score
    I feel your frustration.

Quick answer - You don't.

TM made updates to their prepaid systems ( back end ) and rolled them out to prepaid mobile internet - 21 Jan 2019.

This caused existing customers NOT to be able to purchase data passes directly from the tablet / hotspot , even if you had a active balance ( I did ).

From what I have gleaned from testing on multiple device each on a separate account - e-mail address, it can not be done on online.

TM has transitioned these " legacy prepaid accounts " to their new prepaid system, which by the number of comments in the unofficial forums - /tmobile is have more than its fair share of problems.

You used to be able to activate service directly from the device, through /connect me but that has been removed. I tried to active a new service from the device this week and systems errors out.

I may take one for the team and try to active as via the website, as they still as selling PP mobile Internet and shows you can bring your own device and sim.

Try to access you account from out side of the TM network ( via WiFi if you have a tablet ) all MIM /connectme have been moved to account. t-mobile.com From there you will see you account, but note : 1) it will show a active balance 2) there is not place to add a PP refill pin 3) if you try to purchase a data pass, it will not let you use a active balance it is asking only to bill to a credit card. 4) system requests a 6-15 digit pin to complete / process transaction ( new system ) you have a 4 digit pin

Good luck, and keep us in the loop.

Feedback Score
    Thanks

T-Mobile now has 30 days to respond to an FCC complaint. Hopefully that will knock something loose. There is no excuse for stuff like this.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is this affecting new customers to who sign up for $10/2gb data only ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hfuser99 View Post
    Thanks

T-Mobile now has 30 days to respond to an FCC complaint. Hopefully that will knock something loose. There is no excuse for stuff like this.
    An update....

I have someone assigned to this complaint working with me, After exchanging lots of examples of the brokeness they can see the issue and seem to be experiencing what everyone here has had with this. They have entered an escalation of an escalation to get to someone who can work this. I have ask them for a procedure to post here so all the others stuck like I am can get their accounts/devices fixed.