Thread: Corporate account phones

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Koodo
    Feedback Score

Corporate account phones

I just got an iphone from a family member. How do you unlock Bell iphone from corp accounts?. Any help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dealfinder View Post
    I just got an iphone from a family member. How do you unlock Bell iphone from corp accounts?. Any help is appreciated.
    Did you try calling Bell support....even consumer support will unlock it I'd think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    I did call and they denied. The wireless code doesn't apply to corp accounts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dealfinder View Post
    I did call and they denied. The wireless code doesn't apply to corp accounts.
    Wow...they didn't give you a corporate support number to call or anything???? Wonder if you'd have to pay to get the device unlocked...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    It must be requested by the admin of the corp accounts...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Corp accounts, especially with Bell, are a bit tricky to deal with in this regard. A family member ran into the same problem. They wanted to charge him to unlock his Bell corp iPhone, but he was allowed to request the unlock because it was a corp individual plan (i.e. he owned the phone/account rather than his employer owning the account). Also, I think Bell is one of the only carriers that still locks their phones for corp accounts. My iPhone 8 Plus from Telus (corp) came unlocked. I know Rogers corp phones are also unlocked and they’ll unlock corp devices (if they were locked prior to the new law) for free.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Corp accounts, especially with Bell, are a bit tricky to deal with in this regard. A family member ran into the same problem. They wanted to charge him to unlock his Bell corp iPhone, but he was allowed to request the unlock because it was a corp individual plan (i.e. he owned the phone/account rather than his employer owning the account). Also, I think Bell is one of the only carriers that still locks their phones for corp accounts. My iPhone 8 Plus from Telus (corp) came unlocked. I know Rogers corp phones are also unlocked and they’ll unlock corp devices (if they were locked prior to the new law) for free.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Thanks for the info. This is the 1st time I have dealt with Bell.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Try calling in the evening. Don't tell them that it was a corporate phone. Don't openly divulge information, just tell them you bought a phone and would like it unlocked. I've unlocked several (previous) corporate phones with no problem.

Otherwise, you will need to pay $50 to unlock.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by can3gxw View Post
    Try calling in the evening. Don't tell them that it was a corporate phone. Don't openly divulge information, just tell them you bought a phone and would like it unlocked. I've unlocked several (previous) corporate phones with no problem.

Otherwise, you will need to pay $50 to unlock.
    I didn't say anything to the rep, but he found out once he checked the IMEI... I will try your approach, thanks...