Thread: PSA: Prepaid Jetpack Unlimited Plan Missing from Web Site - Order while you can!!

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

PSA: Prepaid Jetpack Unlimited Plan Missing from Web Site - Order while you can!!

I know it's noted in the master thread, but I don't want someone not following that thread to miss it - buried 18 pages down.

As has been reported by RV and elsewhere, Verizon has removed the Prepaid Jetpack Unlimited plan from their product page site. It is still available on the activation portal, after entering a serial number, as well as by phone and in-store.

However, this may indicate the plan is being deleted from the system. So activate it now to get grandfathered.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Still on website. You have to dig for it

Name:  Annotation 2019-05-01 164414.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  32.9 KB

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Still on website. You have to dig for it.
    As mentioned in the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    It is still available on the activation portal...
    The concern is if the plan is being deleted, being removed on the marketing side (the landing website) is much easier, and that it may take time to go out of the activation server.

I've reached out to Verizon HQ to get to the bottom of it. Like I said in the OP, it may be simply being moved to an "under-the-table" plan. But it may not, so if you need it, lock it in now.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are people pretty confident that if you have the prepaid plan and continue to pay month to month, they won't be discontinued out of it?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michigan View Post
    Are people pretty confident that if you have the prepaid plan and continue to pay month to month, they won't be discontinued out of it?
    Fairly. Verizon has never discontinued an old plan - prepaid or postpay. Just don't lose the device and SIM card.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Still on website. You have to dig for it

Name:  Annotation 2019-05-01 164414.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  32.9 KB
    Those look like the phone plans. They don't offer a $30 500MB Jetpack plan.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by johnothy View Post
    Those look like the phone plans. They don't offer a $30 500MB Jetpack plan.
    They actually do. Verizon harmonized their phone, tablet, and Jetpack prepaid plans.

Many (myself included) believe this was a peace offering to try and resolve Nguyen v. Verizon, now the longest formal FCC complaint/lawsuit in history. While I support the move as mostly resolving things, I can see why Alex Nguyen may not.

Full disclosure: I submitted comment and testimony in the case.

My fear was that since it doesn't appear the case was resolved, that Verizon might yank the plans. But it appears they've split the difference and instead hid them behind the activation portal. So you can still get it... if you know the secret handshake.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    They actually do. Verizon harmonized their phone, tablet, and Jetpack prepaid plans.

Many (myself included) believe this was a peace offering to try and resolve Nguyen v. Verizon, now the longest formal FCC complaint/lawsuit in history. While I support the move as mostly resolving things, I can see why Alex Nguyen may not.

Full disclosure: I submitted comment and testimony in the case.

My fear was that since it doesn't appear the case was resolved, that Verizon might yank the plans. But it appears they've split the difference and instead hid them behind the activation portal. So you can still get it... if you know the secret handshake.
    Nguyen never had a case. If he did it would have been won by now. I haven't head squat on this case. Is it even still active. Even if it is an Verizon loses they'll just appeal. He though he was so smart and could force Verizon to offer untimed data with no caps or depri. Like that would be good for the network and customers. With 5G now being a thing this case gets less relevant each year

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If Nguyen never had a case, the FCC would have summarily dismissed it. The civil service attorneys at the FCC beg to differ, which is why it's now the longest running case in FCC history.

And the plan still lives. I seriously doubt the two are not unrelated. The vote is almost certainly tied due to Ajit Pai's almost-certain recusal.

Verizon actually embedded in a press release about two months ago a plea for the FCC to "clarify the (Upper Block C CFR) rules" - almost certainly a request for relief to this very case.

Certainly a plan like this was meant to be a peace offering. I just think Nguyen's a purist and probably isn't accepting it.

Edit: With LTE pushing 2.0 Gigabits, I seriously don't see it as losing relevance... the Moto 5G mod shipped with Band 13 as do most devices, so the rule still applies even to 5G phones, and even if 5G is deactivated, LTE-A will still push 2.0 Gigabits with Cat 20.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So a bit off topic here but if I have a Verizon Jetpack unlimited plan & wanted to purchase a new jetpack device do I just do so and swap Sim card over or do I need to contact VZW to make the switch like Sprint does with there device's? Tia Ron .

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    So a bit off topic here but if I have a Verizon Jetpack unlimited plan & wanted to purchase a new jetpack device do I just do so and swap Sim card over or do I need to contact VZW to make the switch like Sprint does with there device's? Tia Ron .

Just sim swap. I started a plan via a jetpack then I moved the sim card to a Mofi4500. I could see that Verizon knew I had changed devices online. As long as the IMEI is good, they don't care.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Just sim swap. I started a plan via a jetpack then I moved the sim card to a Mofi4500. I could see that Verizon knew I had changed devices online. As long as the IMEI is good, they don't care.
    Ok.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Update - it has been confirmed Verizon is killing the plan, details in the new thread:

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...lan?p=17072867

(I started a new thread since this one was about the removal from Verizon's landing web site - but since the plan was still available it appeared it wasn't going away - now we know for sure it is slated to be killed shortly).