Thread: Is Metro denying byod?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Is Metro denying byod?

I couldn't find it but someone told me Metro is killing byod.Is this true or an outrageous rumor?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    I couldn't find it but someone told me Metro is killing byod.Is this true or an outrageous rumor?
    no. what metro will re-start(they started and than back out for a few weeks last year) is provide guidance(via the activation portal) to dealers to advise customers about possible sub-par experience's on phones that do not have all the currently used radio bands and/or do not support features such as VoLTE and Wifi calling. in some market's 700 Mhz and VoLTE are needed to not have a very bad experience in terms of talk and text reliability. also if i am not mistaken any BYOD without history on the network will have to be brought into a store for initial activation as opposed to being loaded over the phone. it should be possible though to call in(or use sell service at metropcs.com) an IMEI change once the phone has history on the network.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    When I did 2 phone's to Metro (Google Pixel and a OnePlus 6T) I was initially told they wouldn't work on Metro. I ended up explaining to the Metro employee that they would work and I got my numbers ported over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using HoFo mobile app
    Tech

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by R-W View Post
    When I did 2 phone's to Metro (Google Pixel and a OnePlus 6T) I was initially told they wouldn't work on Metro. I ended up explaining to the Metro employee that they would work and I got my numbers ported over.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using HoFo mobile app
    in

both of your phones work great. the thing is most dealer employees are really not very well versed on BYOD(it is a very tiny part of the bussiness and really not included in any training) and have witnessed many situations where incompatible or still locked to other carrier phones have been activated and turned into escalated angry customer situations. i would estimate at least 4 of 5 walk in BYOD attempts are incompatible phones or ones still locked to other carriers. many dealer employees(and even dealer operators/owners) prefer to avoid BYOD as much as possible.