Thread: Visible wireless?

Feedback Score

Visible wireless?

Any visible wireless thread? I saw a few but they didn't appear active anymore. Anyway had a question, see if anybody here would know before asking visible. I had issue over weekend when going north out of STL on US 61. I lost all service for a good distance from just north of Troy to almost Quincy area, including fairly large town of Hannibal and smaller town of bowling Green, probably 70 miles or more. Wife on TW-verizon had LTE with good signal 4-5 bars for most of this area. Just wondering if this has something to do with voLTE differences? To be fair the visible map doesn't show coverage in this area. The Verizon map shows it pink, but legend isn't clear. I figured I'd have LTE in all same places I had LTE on TW. This happened both directions so don't think it was anomoly. TIA.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    That is a definitely a Verizon roaming area, so you won't have any service on Visible. The same holds true in a good portion of West Virginia where Verizon roams on US Cellular.

Just love Visible's website where it says "Wherever you see blue, you’ll be covered. Which, if you look closely, is pretty much everywhere." Hmm as I look more closely I'm seeing a lot of white. Great, this is just what we need, more fake news.

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Cutting out “extended coverage” areas is probably cut out with Visible to offer the low cost of the plan. It wouldn’t be an issue for most, but Visible isn’t a one size fits all MVNO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless / Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Does Visible work in the LTEiRA areas?

I would guess so, as Verizon Prepaid does...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inundated View Post
    Does Visible work in the LTEiRA areas? I would guess so, as Verizon Prepaid does...
    don't think it does - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...of-summer-2018

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    That area is LTiRA, I believe - all of the Verizon maps are the same whether 4GLTE with or without cdma, & Prepay - all Pink throughout.

So you are saying.... that Total Wireless on your wife's phone had coverage, which would indicate VoLTE does successfully operate in LiTRA areas. And...... your phone does not get or is not capable of getting VoLTE on Visible wireless , thus no coverage - right ?

If so, this is a positive going forward for those with VoLTE capable & operating phones, especially as cdma sunsets at the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    Made an order weeks ago and was patiently waiting for an update. I chatted with them and was told they are verifying my Info....I dont understand why they didnt ship the order!

Just got this email 2 days ago..:
    This is the Visible care team reaching out in regard to the recent*registration issues you were experiencing. We wanted to let you know that we canceled your old order. You will now be able to log in, and start fresh by placing a new order. Hope that helps! We can't wait to make you part of the family! Please feel free to reach out to us via live chat on*www.visible.com*if you have any questions.

Feedback Score
    How is it that when you look up the ip address of a visible cell phone it shows as being in kansas?
    User is in NY!
    They noticed because yankee games live work on MLB app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boherez View Post
    How is it that when you look up the ip address of a visible cell phone it shows as being in kansas?
    User is in NY!
    They noticed because yankee games live work on MLB app
    Visible is an experimental service. The service is routed through a few proxy servers around the country where it is passed over the IMS core rather than the regular Verizon system. You wind up with an IP address from where the proxy server is.

Feedback Score
    Does Visible work in non LTE 4G areas? Does Verizon even have non LTE 4G areas? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 74ncpu View Post
    Does Visible work in non LTE 4G areas? Does Verizon even have non LTE 4G areas? Thank you.
    Visible works on LTE only for everything - voice, text, data. Verizon doesn't have much non-LTE left. I haven't seen anything but LTE in years, but I don't travel around the country.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Visible works on LTE only for everything - voice, text, data.

This is totally correct

Feedback Score
    I've only seen 3g once in the last few years. A few miles below the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, was able to send a text out. Besides that, it has either been LTE, or no service.