Thread: Cricket samsung galaxy S9 bloatware

Feedback Score

Cricket samsung galaxy S9 bloatware

I set up my s9 back in January, and noticed I got some bloatware after inserting the Cricket SIM. I think I figured out the culprit, disabled it, and all was well. I didn't make a note of what app I removed to make this stop, but I believe it may have been mobile services...

I then updated my s9 to Android 9.0 in early March, and everything seemed fine. I believe everything was fine, but not 100% sure.

Yesterday or the day before I unlocked my s9 - which required me to remove the Cricket SIM and put in a different carrier SIM (T-mobile), then I put my Cricket SIM back in and everything seemed well.

I noticed today I had a notification from "Mobile Services" telling me to open Solitaire for some fun. I looked at my app drawer and noticed 13 new spam apps - games, weather, social media, linkedin, yahoo mail, etc that was not there before. I then went to the apps list, and disabled "Mobile Services" which had somehow become live again. Then I manually deleted the 13 unwanted apps.

It turns out Mobile Services reports 774MB / 4.67GB used since Jan (not sure how the 774MB / 4.67GB breaks out exactly... maybe 775MB on cellular, 4.67GB on wifi?).

Anyway, the point of this post is to make everyone aware of this bloatware app to disable. And secondly, trying to figure out if it was the update to Android 9.0 that re-enabled "Mobile Services" or if swapping SIMs back and forth caused Mobile Services to be active again.

Keep an eye out for this if you have a Samsung device or Cricket branded Android phone. It may be silently installing junk apps to your phone.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10, iPhone XS MAX
    Carrier(s)
    Programmer
    Feedback Score
    You can easily flash the phone with G960U1 firmware and the blotware will be removed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by unlockboot View Post
    You can easily flash the phone with G960U1 firmware and the blotware will be removed.
    U1/XAA is the only way to go.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 plus 256, Galaxy S9 w 250gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T for connected car, AT&T prepaid and T-mobile.
    Feedback Score
    The bloatwhere is common place. W my cricket sim I've seen what you mentioned. I have a T-mobile sim in my S9 now but now I've got the T-mobile bloatware. It's not cri let bloatware persay, but it's Samsung working w the carrier. When I updated to one ui I used a Verizon sim for the operating system update. When I did this MY S9 installed the Verizon bloatware.

Cricket isn't dogging you. You are just inexperienced w the S9. You're be much calmer when you figure it all out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using HoFo mobile app