Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: thinking about moving from Cricket to AT&T prepaid

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Depending on your plan, be aware that, once applied to the account, a $25 or higher card lasts 90 days. $100 a year.

I would probably not go overboard at first if you aren't sure you want to stay the long term. I don't like to get much over 2 months ahead in case my needs change. Or I get the impulse to change, since once applied you can't get a refund.

I bought 2 months worth on Verizon Prepaid. So far it is working OK, but if not I want the ability to go back to ATT Prepaid (I went to Verizon for the 15GB offer, since I couldn't change directly to the 16GB ATT Prepaid offer as an existing customer).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s52m3 View Post
    The 5/$100 OGs are surely sticking around
    I was on the 5/$100 group and was grandfathered in for as long as I like. Truth is, 5gb per month isn't enough any more for my family on that plan. With data consumption on the rise, 5gb goes by faster and faster each month. I had 1 unlimited max plan so my total cost was $120. I switched to 5 lines on ATT with 25gb each for only $20 more, a total of $140, and that includes official hot spot use, as well as roaming in Canada / Mexico for everyone, not just my one unlimited max line. Nice for when take a cruise to Mexico or visit Canada. Everyone is much happier now, for a tiny rise in price.

Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Do people really feel significantly accomplished moving within Att owned network? The more I read I feel like Cricket is another company, now everybody must be on Att prepaid to feel accomplished, lol. Good luck same company.
    Same company but vastly different service. Hotspot is frowned upon at Cricket for the most part, and the paltry amount of data for the $40 plan is not competitive. Times change, Cricket needs to evolve or it gets left behind.

And not sure what you mean by "feeling accomplished"... it's only prepaid cellular service LOL, there is no feeling of "accomplished" other than getting a better deal for service.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan773 View Post
    yep I am a grandfather in this plan and hard to find anything better. After I also get discounted refill cards this is ending up at $16-17 per month per line for 5GB 8mbps data and AT&T coverage network
    I got discounted refills for Cricket at 25% off, and loaded up about $600 worth at end of last year. That lasted me until June, and I could have easily gotten more at 25% off as well if I wanted, but that wasn't enough to keep me from leaving.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Depending on your plan, be aware that, once applied to the account, a $25 or higher card lasts 90 days. $100 a year.

I would probably not go overboard at first if you aren't sure you want to stay the long term. I don't like to get much over 2 months ahead in case my needs change. Or I get the impulse to change, since once applied you can't get a refund.

I bought 2 months worth on Verizon Prepaid. So far it is working OK, but if not I want the ability to go back to ATT Prepaid (I went to Verizon for the 15GB offer, since I couldn't change directly to the 16GB ATT Prepaid offer as an existing customer).
    Yes this was the case with Verizon prepaid as well, until they changed the rules a few months ago for new plans that funds don't expire.

It's not a big deal at all though. My monthly cost is $140, and any time I apply funds of less than $100, it extends the expiration date for all existing funds out 90 days from the date that the most recent fund was applied. Apply $100 more more, the expiration is good for 1 year. Not a huge concern when monthly cost is $140.

I have Verizon prepaid but will be switching that line to ATT prepaid as well. There is no other prepaid plan / service that is good as the ATT prepaid right now for those who want hotspot and a good amount of data. My Verizon prepaid line has experienced so much depriorization it's been second tier to my Cricket lines often times, even in semi-congested areas like restaurants, stores, etc.

In short, I don't see any plans to change from ATT prepaid for the foreseeable future, until 5G becomes more mainstream and data buckets keep going up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5