Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: thinking about moving from Cricket to AT&T prepaid

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Well it's official, I've switched to ATT Prepaid, but it was a nightmare! Took 3 hours and I ended up paying $180 for the first month because I paid $40 for the first line, and then it wouldn't add anymore lines. Had to call customer service and then I couldn't get the autopay discount on lines 2 - 5 so I ended up paying $40 more than the $140. Oh well...the speed is fast and we all have Hotspot now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    If you pay them directly yes. If you use callingmart or target to refill there isn’t any. I’ve done both online they don’t charge taxes
    When you use the cards to pay how do you do it for a family plan do you buy one with the full amount or one for each line? I’m not too clear on that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gutzman View Post
    When you use the cards to pay how do you do it for a family plan do you buy one with the full amount or one for each line? I’m not too clear on that.
    We’ll Target has buy one get 20% off so you should go with that. I bought two $85 cards.

Just buy the amount you want and the credit will be on the account. Make sure it’s enough to avoid autopay charging you tax.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    After 3 days on ATT here is my review compared to Cricket: speed is amazingly fast: just logged 179mb download speed. Sponsored data means Dtvnow data is not included in the 16gb data allotment. I could turn off stream saver that limits video speed without VPN. I could hotspot to my kids iPad on long trips. But even with all this i wouldn’t have switched if the cost was a lot more. I’m only paying $3 per line more than Cricket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    After 3 days on ATT here is my review compared to Cricket: speed is amazingly fast: just logged 179mb download speed. Sponsored data means Dtvnow data is not included in the 16gb data allotment. I could turn off stream saver that limits video speed without VPN. I could hotspot to my kids iPad on long trips. But even with all this i wouldn’t have switched if the cost was a lot more. I’m only paying $3 per line more than Cricket.
    I could agree on this as well. Since the bonus data and the rollover I really don’t have much concerns about going over really because even if I stream about 15/30 mins it doesn’t kill my data at all. Plus I like also having WiFi calling and VoLTE too. So nice and a cheap bill too. Got no complaints really

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    Well it's official, I've switched to ATT Prepaid, but it was a nightmare! Took 3 hours and I ended up paying $180 for the first month because I paid $40 for the first line, and then it wouldn't add anymore lines. Had to call customer service and then I couldn't get the autopay discount on lines 2 - 5 so I ended up paying $40 more than the $140. Oh well...the speed is fast and we all have Hotspot now.
    Are you paying $40 more every month from now on? The Att prepaid plan looks great but I never use more than 3 GB month and no need for hotspot due to ubiquitous WiFi availability in central FL. We pay little for VPN, Good luck we stay $35 a month with Cricket 🦗

Feedback Score
    We’ll Target has buy one get 20% off so you should go with that. I bought two $85 cards.

Just buy the amount you want and the credit will be on the account. Make sure it’s enough to avoid autopay charging you tax.
    Are there always those type of discounts available like the target bogo 20% off or do u need to pay regular price at times?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Are there always those type of discounts available like the target bogo 20% off or do u need to pay regular price at times?
    I just generally bought a couple months worth of service when there was a discount so I could wait until there was a new discount. It just reduces flexibility, since if I paid for 2 months I couldn't just decide to move in 1 month without losing the credit.

I just moved to Verizon Prepaid, which can also be purchased with Target's deal. Though I haven't applied the credit yet. I bought $100 worth of credit for $90, which is 2 months + fraction for my $45 plan.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I’ve been on Cricket for years - never really had a problem but lately service seems slower than normal and having hotspot capability seems enticing

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3A
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    This week Target's sale is 5% off cards. (No BOGO needed for it.) I just switched from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid over the weekend, so I'm back to buying cards. I was on Virgin Mobile years ago and bought them. I didn't have a need to keep tabs on them for the past several years, but back then they weren't on sale every week, though cards were discounted often enough.
    "Food snobs believe that anything created in Europe is inherently superior to the American-made equivalent. Allow me to explode that fallacy with these words: the 1983 Renault Alliance." - Michael J. Nelson

Not that you care...

Feedback Score
    Which phone are you using on ATT pre-paid that is giving you WIFI calling and VOLTE?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtr999 View Post
    Are you paying $40 more every month from now on? The Att prepaid plan looks great but I never use more than 3 GB month and no need for hotspot due to ubiquitous WiFi availability in central FL. We pay little for VPN, Good luck we stay $35 a month with Cricket 🦗
    I’m paying $15 more per month. Cricket was $125 for 5 lines. ATT is $140

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    Which phone are you using on ATT pre-paid that is giving you WIFI calling and VOLTE?
    IPhone XR and 7 & 8

Feedback Score
    Switched my wife from Cricket to AT&T prepaid 8+8 deal. The corporate store closest to us had said it applied to Cricket ports by phone but when we went in person they said Cricket wasn’t eligible. I called the 3 other AT&T stores in our area and only one knew it was possible. I had checked with AT&T chat (which is mostly for postpaid and contacted prepaid for me) and phoned AT&T CS to verify Cricket ports were eligible. Total charge in store was $42.xx. We had a sim which they replaced for free. They handled the autopay sign up to make the first month $40 plus tax etc. It took about 45 minutes including contacting Cricket with a PIN issue. It took about a day and a half for the bonus data to show online. I was told by CS that a port cannot be completed online. The IPhone AT&T app is useless for prepaid so far. Traveled 350 miles and the coverage seems the same. Speed is a lot faster. I have Cricket 5/$100 plan. Wife had a single plan and needed hotspot and speed for her business use. She is happy so far.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone had any experience "porting" the number from Cricket to AT&T Prepaid over the phone? There's a lot of talk about doing it in corporate stores or authorized resellers that know what they're doing. I'm considering this move (4/$100 Unlimited->4/$120 8GB+bonus), but am thinking about the logistics of it since three of the lines are in nearby states.

I'd probably activate the AT&T Prepaid SIMs ahead of time (planned around a visit anyway), drive to visit each family member and then call and get them to replace the number with the Cricket one.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast