Thread: MNVOs That Do Not Require A Credit Card For Activation

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

MNVOs That Do Not Require A Credit Card For Activation

Does anybody know if there is a list anywhere of MVNOs that have plans that don't require a credit card for activation? I enjoy learning about and trying what the MVNOs have to offer. However, I am a bit reluctant to give my credit card number to any more places than I have to. I read that the FreedomPop 12-Month Prepaid Plan does not require a credit card for activation. Are there other plans that don't require a credit card for activation? If so, which ones?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, LG G Stylo 3 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Red Pocket-A
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
    Does anybody know if there is a list anywhere of MVNOs that have plans that don't require a credit card for activation? I enjoy learning about and trying what the MVNOs have to offer. However, I am a bit reluctant to give my credit card number to any more places than I have to. I read that the FreedomPop 12-Month Prepaid Plan does not require a credit card for activation. Are there other plans that don't require a credit card for activation? If so, which ones?
    I wasn’t aware most require a credit card. Only time it for sure would require a credit card is if your doing it online. Going to the store to buy min cards etc shouldn’t require you to use a credit card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T iPhone 7 128GB Gold
    867-5309 Line: LG G Stylo 3 Plus

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

MNVOs That Do Not Require A Credit Card For Activation

Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    I wasn’t aware most require a credit card...
    If I implied that most do require a credit card, that is not my intent. I just happened to see that Freedom Pop DOES require a credit card for activation for some of their plans, at least that is what was stated on the back of one of their packages at Best Buy earlier today.

I just think that having a list of features can really help a lot of people select the correct service(s).

For example, I was looking at Mint Mobile and I saw that they have a very inexpensive way to try their service. There trial would be good enough for me, if I was traveling somewhere and just wanted that as a backup.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If I implied that most do require a credit card, that is not my intent. I just happened to see that Freedom Pop DOES require a credit card for activation for some of their plans, at least that is what was stated on the back of one of their packages at Best Buy earlier today.

I just think that having a list of features can really help a lot of people select the correct service(s).

For example, I was looking at Mint Mobile and I saw that they have a very inexpensive way to try their service. There trial would be good enough for me, if I was traveling somewhere and just wanted that as a backup.
    If you're that worried about it, buy it from Amazon or best buy.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lots of the MVNO's that you can get in-store or online refill cards does not need you have a credit or debit cards. I can't think of any that truly does when they have in-store refill cards mainly.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Or eBay. Go to the MVNOs official eBay store.
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Unless something has changed that none of here are aware of, the FP prepaid plans do NOT require you to give FP a CC to activate after purchase. The FP "Free" plan DOES require providing a CC, but I, and probably most others here, no longer recommend getting a new FP "Free" plan, as the benefit is really no longer worth the effort.

Device(s)
    too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I tried freedompop an few times and the last thing you want to do is give them your card info after seeing charges on my debit card that should not be be and freedompop not giving me back my money I started to use an prepaid card for freedompop itabjaut safer that way

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10+ using Tapatalk
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son