Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Lycamobile ending prepaid (no plan option)?

Feedback Score
    Just to add more fodder to this thread, I called customer service at 612 and asked about the message. They said it was a warning about the 60 day non-use policy, a reminder to keep the phone funded, and not that any service was being discontinued.

I didn't have to wait on hold at all after a quick trip through their menu.

Maybe someone else can call and we'll try best two out of three.

Feedback Score
    Well, I've been using my phone for a few calls a month, more active recently, and I've just received the 30-day warning message.

Feedback Score
    You can't believe Lyca customer service. I've talked to multiple customer service staff over the years, and they often provided false information. I use my Lyca accounts regularly and received the 30 day warning on all. So either the warning is real, or they sent out a vast number of texts by accident.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    I didn't see mention of paygo on the website. Seems that has been removed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I didn't see mention of paygo on the website. Seems that has been removed.
    I don't think there's been mention of PAYGO on the web site for years. Was there something specific regarding PAYGO that was on the site until recently that has now been removed?

The plan changes update page on the Lycamobile web site includes this entry:

"March 20, 2019
    Customer having activate Plan:
    When current plan expires, service will be suspended regardless of any account balance. For continuous service, purchase a new plan or enable auto-recharge at Lycamobile.us.
    SIM and assigned number expire after 60 days of non-use.(pervious expiry was 90days)"

But this says nothing about PAYGO and could reasonably be interpreted as meaning that if you let your monthly plan expire by failing to renew, you won't have service until you start a new plan, even if you have some money in your account.

Feedback Score
    Those considering Tello.

On Tello the usage every 3 months can be a $0.01 text.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Those considering Tello.

On Tello the usage every 3 months can be a $0.01 text.
    Also Tello runs on Sprint

Feedback Score
    It's still there - exactly where it always has been:

https://www.lycamobile.us/en/

"Pay-As-You-Go (no plan) rate for landline/mobile is 5˘ above the “other plans” / “all plans” rate"

I think you would be way-over-reading the messages to interpret them as saying Pay-as-you go was ending.

The text says:

"Customer having activate Plan."

"When current plan expires"

Neither of these applies to a pay as you go user.

"service will be suspended " - they mean if you have no money in the account it will be suspended.

This has nothing to do with Pay Go in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    My friend has 4 Lycamobile numbers in his family. He received text message to all four (there are active numbers, with inbound and outbound calls and positive balance), called LM support and support representative confirmed that Pay As You Go plan is going to be terminated.

I did not receive any message yet to my LM number.

Feedback Score
    Did anyone with a Lyca monthly plan versus pay-go get the text?

I won't be adding more funds or using the phone again as my balance is very low and I have other solutions, and will report back if and when things get cancelled. Hoping it's just a 60 day non-use policy versus the end of pay-go.

My last refill 3/1/2019, warning text received 4/17/2019, last use 4/19/2019.

Device(s)
    LG Google Nexus 5x
    Carrier(s)
    Lycamobile, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    My friend has 4 Lycamobile numbers in his family. He received text message to all four (there are active numbers, with inbound and outbound calls and positive balance), called LM support and support representative confirmed that Pay As You Go plan is going to be terminated.

I did not receive any message yet to my LM number.
    I'm suspecting that Lycamobile is doing it in waves, not wanting everyone to port out all at the same time. There may also include some other condition along with this as to how the account is targeted. I have not received a text but my phone with that SIM is only on periodically. I've made an active call in the last 30 days and to customer service as well.

Feedback Score
    I’m on Pay as you Go. I got the text on Apr 18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    I think you would be way-over-reading the messages to interpret them as saying Pay-as-you go was ending...
    This is the exact text I received on 2019-04-16:

"ALERT! In 30 days, we are discontinuing Pay-As-You-Go service and your service will be suspended regardless of any account balance. For continuous service, purchase a plan at Lycamobile.us"

My last use at the time was on 2019-04-15 and my last refill was 2019-03-31.

Feedback Score
    I just ported out of Lycamobile to Google Voice. Took a day for Google to do their crap. When porting into GV, Google will say your number is a TMobile number. Put in your Lyca account number and procede. The port will fail and you will get an email from GV and Lyca will text you saying the port failed. Go back into the GV settings on the web page, I found the Classic View of GV worked best, look at the port status and it will now be asking for street address and pin number for your Lyca account. 24 hours later I was ported over.

I never had an issue getting my Account number and Pin from Lyca, I requested that info when I first signed up 3 years ago kept the info on my OneDrive account. Over the past 6 months I have heard people having issues getting the info from Lyca. Don't wait for the last minute, get the info now and once you have it, you can drag your feet to till the end.

Feedback Score
    I recharged recently and have more than $10 in balance. And I am using it regularly.
    Still received the SMS.
    Talked to the customer care and they mentioned all balance would be lapsed if I did not switch to any active plan.
    Good news is I would be able to use the balance if moving to another active plan.
    Bad part is I need to pay high monthly charges going forward, as no other plan is as cheap as pay as you go.. I used to use $10 for 3 months earlier

Name:  lyca_balance.png
Views: 1360
Size:  7.6 KB

Name:  Lyca_Usage.jpg
Views: 1421
Size:  27.2 KB

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast