Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NET 10 KYOP, Can't receive messages

Feedback Score

NET 10 KYOP, Can't receive messages

I can send them but I can't receive then. I've tried to look everything up and can't find out why I can't receive them I chatted with them and they had me send a message to myself. I got it. It did not solve things.

However The person who is sending me messages has ATT for their cell phone service and I have NET 10 KYOP on ATT. They sent me an SMS but I don't get them.

What is going on?

Anyone have magic settings that would work? I'm baffled. Maybe if I get T MO NET 10 KYOP SIM problem solved?

Feedback Score
    Does your friend use an iPhone?

Feedback Score
    Yes. What would this have to do with it ?

Feedback Score
    I believe the problem is that iPhones use iMessage. This is a system where messaging is MMS and uses the data system, not SMS which uses the voice/text system.

You might need to turn on data. I believe that iMessage can be turned off, or some other accommodation can be made by iPhone users. But that might require some know-how, and might upset die-hard iPhone users who message each other.

I don't know how this is usually handled.

Feedback Score
    Are you sure you didn't buy a Kill Your Own Phone sim kit? Make sure it says Bring Your Own Phone!

Feedback Score
    I just checked their iPhone 7s Plus. And their settings are correct. So I don't know........I do have data on.

Feedback Score
    Well, sometimes texts get hung up and show up later. I don't know if they have to go through an Apple server. Apple likes to control everything.

There's always rebooting the phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    I can send them but I can't receive then. I've tried to look everything up and can't find out why I can't receive them I chatted with them and they had me send a message to myself. I got it. It did not solve things.

However The person who is sending me messages has ATT for their cell phone service and I have NET 10 KYOP on ATT. They sent me an SMS but I don't get them.

What is going on?

Anyone have magic settings that would work? I'm baffled. Maybe if I get T MO NET 10 KYOP SIM problem solved?
    You didn't say when you activated service or what phone you're using. (iOS, Android).

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    You didn't say when you activated service or what phone you're using. (iOS, Android).

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    Android. The messages being sent to me are from an Iphone.

Was receiving their messages before.

I am not sure if my number is the problem or the carrier is the problem. I have a T MO KYOP kit on order and it is supposed to arrive Friday. I wonder if I will have any other luck and will update when I get it. In the mean time receiving messages are of importance so I'll try again later .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBear916 View Post
    I just checked their iPhone 7s Plus. And their settings are correct.
    Does not seem that the iPhone is sending SMS messages. That is an option from within iMessage, or you can turn iMessage completely off and it will only send using SMS. Can they send SMS to any other Android phone? Can you receive SMS messages from another Android?

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    LittleBear, what device was that number previously used with?

How did you end up with NET10?

I thought you were on TF with your TCL LX (and SimpleMobile before that)

Feedback Score
    I am weird- I just like to switch between different services and I most likely have a drawer of used phones from back in the day. My number was last used with the Alcatel TCL LX.

Again, their phone was fine sending me messages and so forth.

It just recently started. Will have to see what's going on with my phone later on today as I get time.

Feedback Score
    There shouldn't be any issues sending text (SMS) messages between iPhones and Android smartphones. If there is a problem, most likely one of the phones is not provisioned correctly by the provider. Since you mentioned your phone has problem receiving text messages, I would guess there's something wrong with the provisioning of it. Contact your provider to reset /provision it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkBow View Post
    There shouldn't be any issues sending text (SMS) messages between iPhones and Android smartphones. If there is a problem, most likely one of the phones is not provisioned correctly by the provider. Since you mentioned your phone has problem receiving text messages, I would guess there's something wrong with the provisioning of it. Contact your provider to reset /provision it.
    I agree with you on the provision part. But it is $1 and piece of mind for a new SIM Kit to transfer over and potentially resolve this issue.

They did not even charge me for 2 day shipping and it was free.

Feedback Score
    Okay here is the fun part - I don't know what was going on. It was not just that one person not receiving messages but messages from other providers, well, guess what happened I did not get those either..

Well... Yes I did. Any messages I did not get, they all arrived 2 minutes before midnight, last night.

So maybe this glitch is fixed - I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast