Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ebay purchased phone " active on another account"

Feedback Score

Ebay purchased phone " active on another account"

I tried activating a phone I purchased off Ebay, from a company who sells broken/?? phones, on a VZW MVNO but I couldn't because "Ineligible Device [Device is active on another line. .#3],"

What are my chances of having this device removed from that account in order to use it on Verizon's network? Yes I know I can use it on AT&T or T-Mo but as I already have an active VZW MVNO SIM card I'd rather not go that route if at all possible.

Phone passes everything, Blacklist, Financial and NCIC. I do believe the phone was used for testing purposes and the company who originally activated/purchased it hasn't seen to remove it from their account. I have no way of finding out who that may be as it was purchased from a company who purchases phones en-mass, and I doubt they will ever tell me. (Yes I asked them.) I can return it but really don't want to. I am currently waiting on a VZW pre-paid plan to arrive but their order tracking website has been down for the past few days so no way to check status.

Is there any path through corporate 'IF' my in process VZW pre-paid purchase ends up getting denied? (Phone IEMI was accepted and VZW said "good news, You can bring your device.)

Feedback Score
    If the phone doesn't have LTE and is on Verizon then DO NOT wipe the phone! You will have to activate it and it is impossible to since Verizon doesn't activate non LTE phones anymore!

Feedback Score
    The VZW site just came back up. I got a "Maximum attempts tried for the Order Status.".

They mustn't like me.

Feedback Score
    Maybe you should wait. I also heard that Verizon has a bad customer support reputation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    I tried activating a phone I purchased off Ebay, from a company who sells broken/?? phones, on a VZW MVNO but I couldn't because "Ineligible Device [Device is active on another line. .#3]," What are my chances of having this device removed from that account in order to use it on Verizon's network? Yes I know I can use it on AT&T or T-Mo but as I already have an active VZW MVNO SIM card I'd rather not go that route if at all possible. Phone passes everything, Blacklist, Financial and NCIC. I do believe the phone was used for testing purposes and the company who originally activated/purchased it hasn't seen to remove it from their account. I have no way of finding out who that may be as it was purchased from a company who purchases phones en-mass, and I doubt they will ever tell me. (Yes I asked them.) I can return it but really don't want to. I am currently waiting on a VZW pre-paid plan to arrive but their order tracking website has been down for the past few days so no way to check status. Is there any path through corporate 'IF' my in process VZW pre-paid purchase ends up getting denied? (Phone IEMI was accepted and VZW said "good news, You can bring your device.)
    does the phone have a sim slot ?? did you already try an active Verizon sim in the phone ?? what phone are you trying to activate ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    does the phone have a sim slot ?? did you already try an active Verizon sim in the phone ?? what phone are you trying to activate ??
    Yes.
    Yes.
    and a Verizon branded Samsung S8+

Feedback Score
    This is why you don't by used phones( or anything ) from EBAY or Craigslist

Feedback Score
    I have bought plenty of phones off Ebay. At least 20. Never had an issue with any of them. I have bought four off FB market place and only one had an issue with being tied to an account. I sold it with the stipulation it may not be able to be activated on Verizon's network (S7 edge)

This particular phone can be returned within 30 days so I personally don't see the problem with this purchase either. I CAN use it on AT&T, but I'd rather not go that route unless I have to. I will be keeping the phone either way as it had only 2 charge cycles on it when purchased.

As always, Your Mileage May Vary.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, i cannot help you any further. But if you need help, i specialize in feature phones!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    I have bought plenty of phones off Ebay. At least 20. Never had an issue with any of them. I have bought four off FB market place and only one had an issue with being tied to an account. I sold it with the stipulation it may not be able to be activated on Verizon's network (S7 edge) This particular phone can be returned within 30 days so I personally don't see the problem with this purchase either. I CAN use it on AT&T, but I'd rather not go that route unless I have to. I will be keeping the phone either way as it had only 2 charge cycles on it when purchased. As always, Your Mileage May Vary.
    the problem is that the original owner of the phone can always turn around and report the phone as stolen and blacklist the phones IMEI/ESN then it will be unable to be activated in the U.S.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    the problem is that the original owner of the phone can always turn around and report the phone as stolen and blacklist the phones IMEI/ESN then it will be unable to be activated in the U.S.
    That is always a possibility. It hasn't happened to me yet fortunately.

Feedback Score
    The original owner has to deactivate the phone before it can be sold and used again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees65 View Post
    The original owner has to deactivate the phone before it can be sold and used again.
    IF that is actually is the case with this phone. Both Verizon said I could activate the IMEI and an Ebay Verizon store that I gave the IEMI to said it should activate just fine. We will soon see as the SIM is in transit.

Verizon web site still shows limited usage for me on two different laptops. Cleared cashe and data. Zilch.

I have a post about it on reddit if you care to read it.
    www dot reddit dot com/r/verizon/comments/befhiw/verizon_wireless_is_useless_as_well_you_know_what/

Feedback Score
    Crazy stuff happens sometimes.
    One of my brothers bought a brand new Samsung phone from the local Verizon dealer, it seemed to work fine but after a couple days he found out anyone that sent him a text using an iPhone the text would go to some other guy, the iPhones worked just fine for calling him but not texting him, after a few days he took the Samsung back to the Verizon dealer and they just gave him a different brand new phone exactly like the one he had and no more problems. I happen to be one of the iPhone users that could call him just fine but my text would go to some other guy, no problem since he got the second brand new phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    Crazy stuff happens sometimes.
    One of my brothers bought a brand new Samsung phone from the local Verizon dealer, it seemed to work fine but after a couple days he found out anyone that sent him a text using an iPhone the text would go to some other guy, the iPhones worked just fine for calling him but not texting him, after a few days he took the Samsung back to the Verizon dealer and they just gave him a different brand new phone exactly like the one he had and no more problems. I happen to be one of the iPhone users that could call him just fine but my text would go to some other guy, no problem since he got the second brand new phone.
    Did he have an iPhone before he for the Samsung? It almost sounds like his phone number was registered with iMessage. Once he switched to Android iPhone users messages were still going via iMessage and not regular text so he wasn't receiving them. That's fairly common if iMessage isn't disabled on the iPhone before switching to an android. It wouldn't explain someone else getting the messages though unless someone else in the family had an apple device that was receiving those iMessages.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast