Thread: I can only send a text message to two recipients

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score

I can only send a text message to two recipients

Is this a new feature with a recent update of GV? I can add one additional recipient to a text message ...

Name:  text to multiple recipients.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  23.4 KB

... but then the icon disappears and I can't add a third or more recipients.

I guess GV is preventing broadcast texts to multiple recipients. Or am I overlooking something?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Strange. That doesn't look like the GV app on my Android phones. I guess it's a different version?

Anyway, on the Android GV app v2019.03.227873883 (319625), it behaves strangely. For the 1st recipient, I just see a blinking cursor, where I can enter a # using the # pad or select a # from contacts. For the 2nd recipient, I see a “+Add” button that brings back the cursor where I can repeat adding a #. For the 3rd and beyond recipients, there is no longer “+Add” button, but the cursor returns after every new recipient is added, where I can repeat adding a #.

I still like Hangouts MUCH better for using my GV #s over data only!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Relztrah, did you try what I described above, which seems to work on my GV app version? Did it work the same on your phone, or is there still an issue? What GV app version are you using?

Carrier(s)
    H2O paygo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Relztrah, did you try what I described above, which seems to work on my GV app version? Did it work the same on your phone, or is there still an issue? What GV app version are you using?
    Ah, yes. I didn't realize that I can tap next to the blinking vertical cursor and add a new recipient. I though I would need the icon.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Ah, yes. I didn't realize that I can tap next to the blinking vertical cursor and add a new recipient. I though I would need the icon.
    Good! I'm glad it works for you, too, but the app definitely handles that in a stupid / inconsistent way!