Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expiration of 8 GB + 7 GB bonus promotion

Feedback Score

Expiration of 8 GB + 7 GB bonus promotion

I have one line on the $45 month (with autopay) 8 + 7 GB bonus plan. My understanding is the deadline for activating new lines to receive the additional 7 GB bonus data is still 4/30/2019. I have a couple of Red Pocket ebay 1 year plans expiring end of June and end of September, but if the Verizon prepaid promo is really ending April 30 I will be tempted to port in those numbers early from Red Pocket.

Any rumors about Verizon extending the 7 GB bonus promo offer past April 30?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I haven’t heard of any rumors yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    ATT just rolled out new promo - 16gb for $40, including hotspot, expires in early July. Verizon may need to keep this promo longer to compete against ATT.

Feedback Score
    I had diaried to add a line to my Verizon prepaid account before the 8 + 7 GB promotion expired on April 30, but upon checking the fine print it seems the promo has been extended to May 20.

Promotional 7 GB on $50 plan valid until May 20, 2019. Available to new customers and existing customers that upgrade to or reactivate on the 8 GB $50 plan. Bonus Data added each month as long as your Prepaid account remains active. Your account must have sufficient funds to remain active. Auto Pay discount will be applied after 1st month. Credit or debit card only required. 1st month fees: $40, $50, $70 depending on plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung SM-G960U Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The bonus data is still showing on the top of the page, but the other parts referring to it have been removed. Looks like it's transitioning to be completely removed.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wralford View Post
    The bonus data is still showing on the top of the page, but the other parts referring to it have been removed. Looks like it's transitioning to be completely removed.

looks like it's still available to me.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post

There was a 4/30 end-date. Not finding an end-date now. That seems to be the only thing that has changed.

Feedback Score
    There was a 4/30 end-date. Not finding an end-date now. That seems to be the only thing that has changed.
    This is what it says when you login to your prepaid my verizon: X

Get 7 GB of free data every month for life. Now through May 20, upgrade or add a line to 8 GB plan and get a 7 GB at no extra cost.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    This is what it says when you login to your prepaid my verizon: X

Get 7 GB of free data every month for life. Now through May 20, upgrade or add a line to 8 GB plan and get a 7 GB at no extra cost.
    OK, but this is not shown on VzW's prepaid page, right? Only existing customers can see the end-date?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I signed up for this plan yesterday morning. Deprioritization on Verizon is pretty hard compared to att prepaid.
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:
    https://imgur.com/a/UMj1hM1

Feedback Score
    I called cancellation and retention on my post paid plan and told them I was thinking of switching to prepaid because of the data bonus and they gave it to me to stay on postpaid. I have 26g a month now. Paying about the same per line as prepaid. I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Considering the continued losses on prepaid in Q1 despite this being available almost the entire quarter they don't want Q2 numbers to be even worse. But the fact that they still have heavy losses even with this offering should probably be a clue they need to have better prepaid offerings. $65 for unlimited with no hotspot is not going to cut it. Especially when you can get MVNOs on Verizon's network for much cheaper AND they offer financing on phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Considering the continued losses on prepaid in Q1 despite this being available almost the entire quarter they don't want Q2 numbers to be even worse. But the fact that they still have heavy losses even with this offering should probably be a clue they need to have better prepaid offerings. $65 for unlimited with no hotspot is not going to cut it. Especially when you can get MVNOs on Verizon's network for much cheaper AND they offer financing on phones.
    They also need to advertise the prepaid side more, I see and hear all kinds of ATT prepaid ads, but I never see Verizon prepaid ads. Also, it doesn’t help that their store reps try everything under the sun to persuade you to sign up for postpaid when you’re trying to get prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alj96z View Post
    They also need to advertise the prepaid side more, I see and hear all kinds of ATT prepaid ads, but I never see Verizon prepaid ads. Also, it doesn’t help that their store reps try everything under the sun to persuade you to sign up for postpaid when you’re trying to get prepaid.
    Didn’t have this problem at the store I went to. Told them I wanted prepaid and got just that. They didn’t even mention post paid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast