Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Streaming Video/Audio ?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0

    Streaming Video/Audio ?

    So if I am streaming Video, like tornado chasers, and I hit the power button once (moto E4) my stream stops and screen goes black. If I hit the power button again screen comes back on and I have an option to continue the stream with audio only, just listen not watch. My question is how much data does the listen stream use since I am not actually watching the video? Weird question I know, hope I explained it good enough.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    243
    Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    0
    Depends on what carrier and plan you have


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown32 View Post
    Depends on what carrier and plan you have


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    TracFone ATT

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    243
    Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh do you have a unlimited plan or no


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,747
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown32 View Post
    Oh do you have a unlimited plan or no
    Unlimited plan on TracFone?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    243
    Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ok


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown32 View Post
    Oh do you have a unlimited plan or no


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If I had unlimited I wouldn't care about how much data I used.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    243
    Carrier(s)
    verzion
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you have a WiFi connection just use that


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,490
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    So if I am streaming Video, like tornado chasers, and I hit the power button once (moto E4) my stream stops and screen goes black. If I hit the power button again screen comes back on and I have an option to continue the stream with audio only, just listen not watch. My question is how much data does the listen stream use since I am not actually watching the video? Weird question I know, hope I explained it good enough.
    In general 64 Kbps audio uses about 1/2 megabyte per minute. Video varies widely depending on the resolution. 1.5 Mbps SD video would be about 11 megabytes per minute.

    The only way to know for sure is to try it on your phone and see what data usage is with and without video.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    8,453
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Most streaming sites don't have a way to separate the audio and video so it would still pull the full stream and just discard the video on the phone.

    But as mentioned. Real testing would tell you for sure.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Most streaming sites don't have a way to separate the audio and video so it would still pull the full stream and just discard the video on the phone.

    But as mentioned. Real testing would tell you for sure.
    That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    54
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrown32 View Post
    If you have a WiFi connection just use that


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Hard to get WiFi on the highway, or in the middle of a lake....

Similar Threads

  1. Help with Streaming Video/audio
    By winn75 in forum Windows Mobile Standard (Smartphone)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
  2. Streaming video/audio??
    By D3LM3L in forum Nokia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 09:17 PM
  3. Streaming Video/Audio on P800...
    By Evil Ernie in forum UIQ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2004, 07:30 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 01:16 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 04:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks